About the Sony WI-SP600N Sports Wireless
Stay focused and put in work with these noise-canceling earbuds
Stay focused and put in work with these noise-canceling earbuds
I rarely see noise-canceling headphones built specifically for workouts. But it makes sense. Let's just say there are a lot of unwanted noise at the gym! The sweatproof Sony WI-SP600N wireless sports earbuds use advanced noise-canceling circuitry to knockout those loud, unpleasant distractions.
Music and podcasts play wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth. So there's nothing holding you back from your training. And for those times you need to be aware of your surroundings? Tap the remote on the connecting cable to activate Sony's Ambient Sound Mode — this lets in some external sound, even while you keep your earbuds in.
Comfortable "stay-put" fit
I've learned that in-ear sports headphones are only as good as their fit. You simply can't get a good workout in if you are constantly adjusting your earbuds. Sony has included four sizes of silicone ear tips to help you get a comfortable, secure fit. And there are two sizes of winged "arc supporters" that help anchor the earbuds into place.
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- active noise-canceling technology reduces external sounds and distractions
- Ambient Mode lets in external sounds without removing your earbuds
- IPX4-rated sweatproof design
- 4 sizes of silicone ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- 2 sizes of winged "arc supporters" to help further stabilize the earbuds
- 6.1mm dynamic drivers tuned to deliver clear, detailed sound
- Extra Bass boost delivers enhanced low-frequency response
- free Sony Headphones Connect app for Apple and Android lets you customize sound settings
- one-button remote for controlling music playback and calls from your phone
- separate button toggles from noise cancellation to ambient mode
- built-in microphone for making calls or voice commands with a smartphone
- built-in rechargeable battery offers 6 hours of listening (without noise cancellation)
- 15-minute quick charge provides enough power for 1 hour of listening
- USB charging cable included
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: .8 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WISP600N/Y
What's in the box:
- Wireless in-ear headphones with 21" connecting cable (Yellow)
- 4 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 2 Pairs of arc supporters (1 pair installed)
- 22" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Operating Instructions
- Reference Guide
- Warranty sheet (US + Canada)
- QR Code for Sony Connect app
Sony WI-SP600N Sports Wireless reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony WI-SP600N Sports Wireless
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||1.057" x 0.656"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony WI-SP600N wireless in-ear sport headphones feature Digital Noise Cancellation to let you listen to your favorite tunes, without the distraction of ambient noise. When you need to stay aware of your surroundings, the special Ambient Sound Mode can mix in environmental sounds with your music. The headphones have an IPX4 waterproof rating to resist sweat and water splashes. The WI-SP600Ns feature Bluetooth 4.1, with a 6-hour battery life on a single charge. An in-line remote lets you control music playback and phone calls without having to touch your phone. These in-ear headphones have a 21" connecting cable between the ear buds that rests on the back of your neck (and out of the way).
Digital Noise Cancellation: The headphones feature Digital Noise Cancellation, which picks up external noise on the built-in microphones and applies an equal, but opposite, signal to cancel the noise in the headphones. Pressing the NC/AMB button turns the NC function on and off, while voice guidance confirms the setting.
Ambient Sound Mode: In addition to Noise Cancellation, the WI-SP600Ns have an Ambient Sound Mode that utilizes the built-in microphones to pick up external sound and mix it in with your music. This helps you hear your surroundings to more stay aware when needed. The NC/AMB button lets you turn on/off Ambient Sound Mode, while the voice guidance confirms the AMB setting.
Drivers: The WI-SP600Ns are equipped with 6mm dynamic drivers to make your workout more enjoyable. The closed design naturally blocks much of the outside sound. Four sizes of silicone ear tips are included so you help you find the most comfortable and secure fit. In addition, two sizes of arc supporters help keep the headphones in place, even during the most rigorous activity.
Bluetooth 4.1: The wireless headphones feature Bluetooth 4.1 with a range of approximately 30 feet. They are compatible with the following Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP. The headphones support SBC and AAC codecs for improved sound quality. For NFC-enabled devices, you can easily pair the headphones to the device by simply touching it to the "N-mark" on the in-line remote.
Voice Assistants: The WI-SP600N wireless in-ear headphones are optimized to work with Siri (when connected to iOS devices) and the Google Assistant (with Android devices). You can speak through the headphones' built-in microphone to ask question, perform voice commands, and control your connected devices.
Note: A firmware update (version 3.0.0) of the headphones may be required to activate the Google Assistant feature.
Sony Connect App: The Sony Connect App lets you customize your WI-SP600N headphones with special settings and adjustments, sound presets, and easy ways to pair your headphones and control your music. In addition, the app provides firmware updates from Sony help you keep your headphones as up to date as possible. The app is available for free download for iOS devices (requires iOS 11.0 or later) and Android (version 5.0 and up).
Battery: The WI-SP600N has a built-in 3.7V Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, which charges in approximately 1.5 hours via USB (with at least 0.5A output). A fully-charged battery provides up to 6 hours of music playback or 6.5 hours of talk time, and up to 200 hours standby time. A 15-minute quick charge will give you approximately 60 minutes of music playback/talk time. Usage hours may vary depending upon the use of Noise Cancellation, and the Codec you use.
- Bluetooth Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz (@ 44.1kHz)
- Driver Size: 6mm
- Battery: DC 3.7V
- Charge Time: Approx. 1.5 hours
- Music Playback Time: 6 hours max (NC on or off)
- Talk Time: 6.5 hours max (NC on or off)
- Quick Charge: 60 minutes music playback after 15 minute charge
- Standby Time: 10 hours max (NC on); 200 hours max (NC off)
- Ear Buds: Width 1.057" Height 0.656" Depth 1.115"
- Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Type: Electret condenser
- Directivity: Omni-directional
- Effective Frequency Range: 50Hz - 8kHz