About the Sony WX-900BT
Bluetooth® for hands-free fun
Bluetooth® for hands-free fun
Sony's WX-900BT CD receiver begins its impressive list of features with built-in Bluetooth. Pair up your mobile phone and talk hands-free when you get a call, or stream your mobile device's stored or streaming content wirelessly to this Sony receiver. If you've got a Siri-compatible iPhone®, a simple press of a button lets you command her to make calls, compose text messages, and much more — it adds a cool new level of convenience and capability to your car's audio system.
This NFC-compatible receiver pairs with a simple touch of your mobile device, while Bluetooth auto-pairing connects phones automatically when you plug in via USB.
Slick smartphone integration
Sony's App Remote feature turns smartphone interactivity into a two-way street. With your phone's touchscreen, you can take charge of sound-shaping tools, pick radio stations, and change sources with touchscreen interfaces. From the receiver, you can select apps using the stereo's source button, the same way you'd choose the CD player or radio as your source. And, with your Android™ phone paired up, this receiver will read any incoming text messages out loud, so you can keep your eyes on the road.
Voice control over your music
Sony's SongPal app lets you connect through Bluetooth to use voice control for finding your favorite music tracks, and to provide touchscreen control from your smartphone to find sources, access apps, and even customize your sound settings.
Animate and illuminate
The high-contrast display is easy to read in virtually any lighting conditions. Choose from 35,000 different colors for the display and controls — even select different colors for each. Add more excitement to your tunes by turning on sound synchronization and watch the illumination pulse to the beat of the music.
Enjoy your music
Pop in a CD, plug your Android, iPhone® or iPod® into the USB input, or browse your favorite Pandora® Internet radio stations from the receiver's controls. And the sound quality will be great, thanks to a powerful built-in amp, aided by some awesome sound-shaping tools. You can up the low-end punch with MEGA BASS, while tweaking the sonic setup with a 10-band EQ and digital signal processing. Sony's Dynamic Stage Organizer creates virtual dash speakers to improve stereo imaging.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/55 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- Dynamic Color Illuminator variable color display
- fits double-DIN (4"-tall) dash openings
- remote control
- App Remote mode for iPhone and Android
- Siri Eyes Free controls with compatible iPhones
- NFC for one-touch pairing with compatible phones
- compatible with SongPal app for iPhone and Android
- EQ10 10-band equalizer
- time alignment and DM+ soundstage enhancer
- high- and low-pass filters
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner
- Pandora® Internet radio control with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry smartphones
- inputs: front-panel USB and auxiliary inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
Other Features and Specs:
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (RM-X231)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone (attached 12' cord terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Visor bracket
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- Operating Instructions (En/Fr)
Sony WX-900BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony WX-900BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||55 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV|
Bluetooth Technology: The Sony WX-900BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony WX-900BT.
Simple Secure Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Sony receiver without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. The unit also provides NFC pairing for Android and USB pairing for iPhone.
- Near Field Communication (for Android): Android (OS 4.0+) smartphones that have Near Field Communication (NFC) pair simply by touching the Android device's NFC tag to the head unit's NFC tag on it rotary-knob. For older Android smartphones with OS 4.0 or lower, download the NFC Easy Connect app from Google Play to use the head unit's NFC pairing function.
- USB Pairing (for iPhone): You can pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Sony head unit via USB and activating the Bluetooth function on your Apple device.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Sony WX-900BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. Bluetooth hands-free communication helps to minimize distraction while driving by allowing you to control your mobile phone from the head unit, so you don't have to touch your mobile phone. The controls of the WX-900BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. And thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the WX-900BT provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering Calls: Incoming calls can be answered manually or automatically (between 3-10 seconds) through the Sony head unit, while the ring tone is output from your car speakers and the caller's name or phone number is displayed on the head unit's LCD. Incoming calls can also be rejected if desired.
- Dialing a Number: Using the WX-900BT
, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways.
- Entering Phone #: Allows you to manually dial a phone number using the unit's control dial.
- Preset Dial: You can store up to 6 contacts in the preset dial for quick dialing.
- Phone Book: You can store up to 1,000 contacts in the unit's phone book. Up to a 40 character name can be input for each contact.
- Call History: The unit will store the last 20 calls, allowing you to select a previous phone number quickly from the list.
- Voice Dial: You can make a call using the voice tags stored on your connected cellular phone.
- Redial: Use to easily redial the last number you called.
External Microphone: The WX-900BT includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the level of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone comes with a mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Sony WX-900BT CD receiver supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display.
- Stored Music & Music Apps: You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Sony WX-900BT for playback.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the WX-900BT offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the WX-900BT offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Advanced Music Playback: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat) for both stored music and music apps, the WX-900BT provides a Search List of your stored music by Category or Playlist (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth (not USB), the Sony WX-900BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel control and external microphone. Simply activate the "voice dial" function on the WX-900BT to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the head unit and its microphone. You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the WX-900BT ; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Android Connectivity (via MTP): The Sony WX-900BT provides playback of stored music files on select Android (OS 4.0+) devices through its front-panel USB MTP-compatible port. You also get basic playback controls (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the receiver's front-panel. In addition, you are able to view song/artist information on the receiver's front-panel LCD. Simply connect your compatible Android device with the microUSB-to-USB cable that came with your device. The unit's USB port (1A) will also charge your Android device while connected; the vehicle's accessory key must be set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Note: During connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The WX-900BT 's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included iPod dock or Lightning connector-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod or iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection lets you directly connect, charge, & control select iPod/iPhones via the USB jack on the front of the unit, as well as view metadata like song title & artist name on the front display.
- Bypass iPod DAC: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 120dB.
- Music Navigation: You can control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit's front-panel or included remote. The Quick-BrowZer feature allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, or Podcast from the head unit. You can search within a specific Quick-BrowZer category or All tracks alphabetically (A-Z). The unit also offers Repeat (Track/Album) & Shuffle (Album) playback modes for iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen in this mode in order to access other applications; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including - Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album label.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection (1A) will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Sony WX-900BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/2/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||SongPal(Music Center)||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front-Panel Auxiliary Input: A front-panel stereo 3.5mm mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable digital music player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The volume level of the auxiliary input is adjustable from -8 to +18 dB to compensate for any difference between the unit and your portable device.
Pandora Internet Radio: The Sony WX-900BT CD receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio music service that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone. The Sony WX-900BT will also display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Your iPhone (iOS 10.0+) will need to be connected to the head unit's front-panel USB port with the latest version of the Pandora App from Apple's App Store. Your Android smartphone must be connected via Bluetooth to the Sony WX-900BT (no hard-wired connection required); your Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Google Play Store. Your Android smartphone must also support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account. The Sony WX-900BT provides the following control over the Pandora music service streamed to your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Sony WX-900BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Digital Clarity Tuner w/ RDS: The Sony WX-900BT is equipped with a Digital Clarity Tuner for clear AM/FM stereo sound with digital processing technology. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets in each in band (FM 1-3/AM 1-2), for a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets. Presets can be stored automatically using the Best Tuning Memory (BTM) feature.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs (12cm only). The Sony WX-900BT allows you to playback CD-Rs or CD-RWs loaded with MP3, WMA, or AAC music files.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. The head unit will automatically begin disc playback, when a disc is inserted with the receiver set to a different source or powered off.
- Auto Reload: The CD player will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
- Mounting Angle: For proper CD playback, this unit must be mounted between 0° (horizontal) and 45°.
Front-Panel USB Port (MSC/MTP compatible): The CD receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that can be used for plugging in a USB (MSC) Mass Storage Class or a USB MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) device; such as select Android devices, digital audio players, and thumbdrives or flashdrives. The head unit supports playback of a variety of music files (including MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, & WAV) stored on a compatible USB device. You are able to browse and operate playback of the compatible files stored on your USB device through the head unit's front-panel controls, as well as view song/artist information. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Compatible Music Files: The Sony WX-900BT supports the following types of MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, & WAV files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, or Multi-Session||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||
MP3: 8-320kbps; 16-48kHz |
WMA: 32-192kbp; 32-48kHz
AAC: 8-320kbps; 11.025-48kHz
MP3: 8-320kbps; 16-48kHz |
WMA: 32-192kbp; 32-48kHz
AAC: 8-320kbps; 11.025-48kHz
FLAC: 16/24-bit; 44.1-48kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||150 folders (combined 300 folders/files)||10,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tag, AAC tag, Flac tag|
Display Information: The CD receiver can display the following ID3/WMA/AAC/FLAC-tag information (Track number, Elapsed Playing Time, Song Title, Artist Name, or Album Title).
Quick-BrowZer: The unit's Quick-BrowZer feature allow you to search for a track on a CD-R/RW or USB device easily by category (Genre, Artist, Album, or Playlist).
Jump Mode: Jump Mode gets you closer to the song you want by allowing you to fast forward through a music category in 10% increments.
Dynamic Reality Amp: The redesigned, internal Dynamic Reality Amp circuitry boasts 47% lower internal resistance compared to conventional in-dash receiver, delivering 55 watts x 4 channels of Peak power to your vehicle's speakers. This allows you to crank up the volume while maintaining low distortion, low noise levels, and smooth frequency response. The power output specs for the WX-900BT are as follows:
- Continuous Power Output: 17 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Peak Power Output: 55 watts x 4-channels (220 total watts)
Note: The power specifications for the Sony WX-900BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/6Ch Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The WX-900BT contains six 2-volt RCA preouts (Front, Rear, & Sub) The front and rear channel preouts can be faded. The subwoofer preout is non-fading. You can adjust the subwoofer preout's volume level (+/-10dB) independently from the head unit's volume control. You can also select the phase of the subwoofer output from Normal or Reverse.
Note: You can connect a subwoofer to this head unit without the need of a separate power amplifier. Simply connect a single subwoofer (4-8 ohm) directly to head unit's left or right rear speaker leads (but not both). Same subwoofer controls apply.
Low-Pass & High-Pass Crossovers: The head unit's subwoofer preout features a low pass filter with a selectable cut-off frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off. The front & rear speaker outputs offer a selectable high-pass crossover frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off.
Advanced Sound Engine: Sony's Advanced Sound Engine with Digital Signal Processing creates an audio field optimized for in-car listening, so music feels rich, clear and dynamic. Customize the sound with adjustable EQ, time alignment, & other digital music enhancements.
- ClearAudio+: Unique to Sony, ClearAudio+ automatically adjusts sound settings for an enriching listening experience. By bringing together expertise in digital signal processing technologies, ClearAudio+ is able to optimize audio formats to deliver a consistently clear, high-quality sound, whatever music you're listening to.
- EQ10: Choose between 11 EQ presets - R&B, Rock, Pop, Dance, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Jazz, Soul, Country, Custom, or Off (Flat). The Custom mode allows you to make your own equalizer settings. You can adjust the level (+/-6dB) of 10 different frequency bands - Band1 (32Hz), Band2 (63Hz), Band3 (125Hz), Band4 (250Hz), Band5 (500Hz), Band6 (1khz), Band7 (2khz), Band8 (4kHz), Band9 (8kHz), and Band10 (16kHz).
- Dynamic Stage Organizer: Enjoy authentic-sounding music from any setup, thanks to the Dynamic Stage Organiser (DSO). If your speakers are positioned in your doors, the sound they produce may be affected. DSO re-calibrates their frequency output, making music sound as if it is coming from speakers on your dashboard. The Dynamic Stage Organizer simulates the performance of dashboard tweeters, directing music straight to you. High audio frequencies are directional, so if your speakers are in your doors or under the dash, your sound may suffer. The Dynamic Stage Organizer compensates by enhancing those frequencies, improving the stereo positioning and overall presence of the music.
- Listening Position & Time Alignment: Where you sit in your car affects how the music sounds. This unit can change the localization of sound by delaying the sound output from each speaker to suit your position, and simulate a natural sound field with the feeling of being in the center of it wherever you sit in the car.You can choose from Front Right, Front Left, Front Center, or Off for your listening position. You can also set the subwoofer distance of the subwoofer to Near, Normal, or Far.
- Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE): This intelligent technology restores the high frequencies that are lost when songs are compressed to digital formats. The Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) takes compressed digital music files (MP3, ACC and WMA) and restores the high-range sounds that are lost in the compression process. DSEE produces your digital music files in rich, natural sound quality
- Rear Bass Enhancer (RBE): RBE enhances the bass sound by applying the low-pass filter setting to the rear speakers. This function allows the rear speakers to work as a subwoofer even if there is no subwoofer connected.
- Advanced Auto Volume: Advanced Auto Volume analyzes each track's playback level & adjusts the output level to optimize transitions between tracks & sources.
- Mega Bass: With two different boost modes, the MEGA BASS button adds deep bass to any track.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
SongPal (Music Center) App: Download Sony's free SongPal (Music Center) App onto your Bluetooth-paired Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad (iOS 10.0+) or Android smartphone/tablet (OS 4.2+) and take control of the Sony WX-900BT head unit right from your mobile device. You'll enjoy control over basic head unit functions, as well as navigation and seamless access to all your sources, apps, and audio settings from your smartphone. This two-way communication app even allows you to select apps that you have integrated into the SongPal (Music Center) App from the Sony receiver. The SongPal (Music Center) App also provides Voice Recognition from the head unit for applications that you have downloaded within the SongPal (Music Center) App on your Android device (this feature is not compatible with Apple iOS). You even get audible readouts of Texts, Twitter messages, Facebook feeds, and Calendar events on your Android phone (not iPhone) through the Sony CD receiver.
- Receiver Sources: From the SongPal (Music Center) App on your Apple iOS or Android device you can access and select the head unit's AM/FM Tuner, Disc, Pandora, USB, iPod/iPhone, Android, SiriusXM (optional), and Aux sources, as well as Bluetooth hands-free phone.
- Integrated Apps: The SongPal (Music Center) App allows you to integrate Apple iOS and Android apps into the selectable source list of the Sony CD receiver and lets you launch apps from the head unit. You can operate basic functionality of compatible music apps directly from the receiver (operation differs depending on the app). Video from movie apps and on-screen maps from navigation apps will continue to be viewed and controlled from the mobile device (not the head unit).
- Control + Display: You'll also be able to control basic playback functions of the WX-900BT; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track or Station, and Volume Up/Down from the SongPal (Music Center) App on your mobile device. In addition, you'll be able to view song/artist information and station identification, along with Album Art from from the SongPal (Music Center) App on your mobile device.
- Advance Audio Settings: From the SongPal (Music Center) App you'll be able to the head unit's EQ and other audio adjustments, as well as advanced audio features like Intelligent Time Alignment that is only available through the app. Intelligent Time Alignment re-calibrates the audio signal from each speaker so that you're always in the center of the sound field, for a more natural listening experience. Time Alignment's "sound delay" feature enhances audio by virtually adjusting your listening position to an optimal level.
- Exclusive Android Features: Sony's free SongPal (Music Center) App
offers exclusive features like Voice Recognition & Notification Readout for
compatible Android devices.
- Voice Recognition: Exclusive to Android devices, You can use voice commands to ask for directions from Google maps or to play a particular song/artist in your smartphone's music library. You can even assign music applications within the SongPal (Music Center) App, so you can access them by simply speaking the name of the application. While using voice commands there will still be times where you have to make a selection on your smartphone's touchscreen.
- Notification Readout: Also exclusive to Android devices, incoming SMS/Text and Twitter/Facebook/Calendar notifications are automatically read aloud through the WX-900BT and your vehicle's speakers to keep you safe and in touch. You can even reply to a text message via voice command and a list of preset replies.
Note: Access to Apple & Android apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
IR Remote: The WX-900BT comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the CD receiver. The included wireless remote allows you to control the basic functions of the Sony head unit while keeping your eyes on the road.
Steering Wheel Control Input: The head unit features steering wheel control (SWC) input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Dynamic Color Illuminator (35,000 colors): Dynamic Color Illuminator lets you match the head unit's LCD & button illumination to complement your existing vehicle lighting components. With selectable Sound Synchronization, the timing of the color change is synchronized with the audio source. You can select from 12 preset colors (red/amber/m-amber/yellow/white/light green/green/light blue/sky blue/blue/purple/pink), customized color, & 5 preset patterns (rainbow/ocean/sunset/forest/random). You can select the same color for the unit's LCD & button illumination, or choose a different color for each.
- Sound Sync: Synchronized LCD & button illumination pulses in time to the beat, or changes with the sound levels of the music track.
- Motion Display: The head unit's Motion Display feature shows moving patterns and a spectrum analyzer on the display when turned on.
- Auto Scroll: The unit's Auto Scroll feature allows long displayed items to scroll automatically across the display when the track is changed on a disc.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing the Source/Off button once will switch sources. Pressing and holding the Source/Off button for one second will turn off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remain on. To turn the unit off completely, you must press and hold the Source/Off button for two seconds.
Brightness & Dimmer: The LCD screen has 5x higher contrast than conventional screens, and the optimized viewing angle makes reading easy for drivers. To change the brightness of the display you can set the WX-900BT to one of three dimmer modes; Dimmer Auto (dims the display automatically when you turn your vehicle's lights on), Dimmer Off (deactivates the dimmer), and Dimmer On (display always dim).
Auto Off: When installing in a vehicle without an accessory power wire at the radio location, you can set the unit to turn off all lighting after the power off has been turned off for 30 minutes.
The Sony WX-900BT replaces these items
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Dynamic Color Illuminator 2-zone variable color display
- Siri Eyes Free controls with compatible iPhones
- App Remote mode for iPhone and Android
- fixed face with Dynamic Color Illuminator variable color display
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
20 questions already asked