About the Sony XAV-AX3200
An awesome upgrade
An awesome upgrade
Sony's XAV-AX3200 digital media receiver is an outstanding upgrade from your factory radio. You'll get a 6.95" resistive touchscreen and buttons for quick control, plus built-in Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto to level up your in-car smartphone experience, letting you access your preferred apps for entertainment, texting, navigation, and more. You can even use voice control to make commands so your eyes stay on the road. Plus, you'll get some of the best audio enhancement features Sony has to offer.
Built with more vehicles in mind
The XAV-AX3200's screen is the same size as a typical double-DIN (4" tall) receiver, but the actual chassis is just a single-DIN (2" tall) opening height. It's shallower than typical stereos too, so you'll have plenty of room to tuck away wiring or interfaces underneath the chassis.
The best smartphone integration
Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and WebLink let you access your phone's content with the sound of your voice or the touch of a finger. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Plug in your Android™ or iPhone®, and you'll get access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all of your music. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Get more with WebLink®
WebLink is a handy way to access certain phone apps, like YouTube, that aren't handled by Android Auto or CarPlay. Connect your iOS or Android device and you can mirror your smartphone screen on the Sony's display. It makes a great addition to already-fantastic app control.
The ease of Bluetooth®
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks, along with the convenience of hands-free phone calls. You'll enjoy all the content without plugging in when you get behind the wheel. You can install the included wired microphone close to you, so callers can hear you loud and clear.
If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away when you look for new adventures, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Sony to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast.
Bring more to the equation
Use this stereo's USB rear input for keeping your phone charged as well as easy access to files on a flash drive, including FLAC and even a variety of video files. Sony also includes an RCA input for accessing video sources and a backup cam input for incorporating an optional cam to step up safety.
Dial in your sound
This receiver also offers an impressive array of sound-sculpting controls, including a 10-band graphic equalizer and Dynamic Stage Organizer (DSO) which creates virtual speakers on your dash for better soundstaging. Supporting the soundshaping is the clear and natural sound of Sony's powerful Dynamic Reality Amp 2. The XAV-AX3200 also includes front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs for when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.95" resistive touchscreen display with brushed aluminum key terminal
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- wireless remote
- works with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and WebLink
- voice control with Siri and Google Assistant
- plays media from USB memory devices
- 10-band equalizer
- EXTRA BASS™ for bass enhancement
- Dynamic Stage Organizer (DSO) compensates for low speaker positions
- subwoofer controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear-view camera input, RCA video input (mini-jack)
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/55 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XAV-AX3200
What's in the box:
- Digital multimedia receiver (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness (6.5' parking brake wire)
- Remote control (RM-X170)
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle mono-3.5mm connector)
- 3-Wire SWC cable
- Two-sided tape
- 4 ISO-screws
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Sheet
Sony XAV-AX3200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XAV-AX3200
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|iPhone||5S and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||55 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||7 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Android Auto: Thanks to Android Auto, you can connect your Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or later smartphone via a USB cable to the Sony receiver and operate many of the major functions of your Android phone through the Sony head unit's touchscreen. Get traffic information, lane guidance, and real-time navigation assistance from Google maps right from the Sony receiver. You can even send text messages, take calls, or check your voicemail through Android Auto and the Sony receiver. Android Auto also includes voice-recognition technology, so you can control everything just by speaking. Get directions, send messages, make calls, and control music while keeping your hands safely on the wheel.
- Google Assistant: The Sony receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, or listen to music.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Sony receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Sony receiver via YouTube Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and internet radio stations from from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, & Tune-In. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Apple CarPlay: Use all your essential iPhone functions on the road, with Apple CarPlay and your iPhone 5S or newer (running iOS 7.1 or higher). Connect your phone via an Apple-certified Lightning-to-USB cable, and you'll see a familiar interface displayed clearly on the Sony receiver's touchscreen. Simply tap the icons to take calls, check voicemails and text messages, or bring up maps. And of course, listen to your favorite songs using iTunes, Apple Music, or select music apps. Apple CarPlay even lets you talk to Siri to control everything using voice commands. You can dictate text messages, control music playback, or get directions, without ever taking your eyes off the road.
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the XAV-AX3200's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the microphone. You can also select which car speaker outputs the caller audio; you can select All, Front, or Rear.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Sony receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus Apple Music from the Sony XAV-AX3200. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the XAV-AX3200's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The XAV-AX3200's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the Sony receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, podcasts, sports, news, and audiobooks - including Pandora, Tidal, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, Audiobooks.com & Audible (subscriptions and fees may app). Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Sony receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5S or newer running iOS 7.1 or higher.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
WebLink: Download the WebLink Host app (for Apple iOS 13.0+ or Android OS 7.0+) and connect your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone the the Sony receiver's USB port to access select apps such as YouTube, Yelp, and Zomato through the Sony receiver. The apps must be downloaded on your compatible mobile device and can then be accessed through the Sony receiver's touchscreen using the WebLink interface. The WebLink Host app also offers a "Cast" function which allows you to mirror the screen of your iPhone or Android smartphone.
- YouTube: With WebLink, you can access YouTube (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) and play videos on the Sony receiver's touchscreen monitor (your vehicle's parking brake will need to be engaged). You can select videos from a variety of categories or search by keyword(s).
- Yelp: Yelp (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) uses automated software to recommend the most helpful and reliable reviews for the Yelp community among the millions submitted. The software looks at dozens of different signals, including various measures of quality, reliability, and activity on Yelp. Let Yelp help you find the best Restaurants, Hotels, Automotive Service Centers, Banks, Shopping Malls, and more. Search by Category, Favorites, Distance, Point on the Map, or Keyword. A keyword search requires that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged.
- Zomato: Zomato (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) lets you search for and discover restaurants to eat out at or order in from. Browse through restaurant menus, photos, user reviews and ratings to decide where you want to eat, and use the map feature to guide you there.
- MediaPlayer: WebLink's MediaPlayer allows you to access your Apple iOS or Android devices stored music and video library for playback (content must be stored on the device and not the cloud). From the receiver's touchscreen, you can browse your phone's music library by Artist, Album, Genres, Playlist, or Songs. You can also search your music by typing in an artist's name or a song title (the vehicle's parking brake has to be engaged for this feature). In addition, you get playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, & Random/Repeat. The receiver's screen will display song/artist/album information, along with album art.
- Cast: The WebLink Cast function allows you to mirror the screen of your iPhone or Android smartphone when the parking brake of your vehicle is engaged (the parking brake wire of the Sony receiver must be connected to your vehicle). The mirrored image on the Sony receiver may be displayed in a landscape (horizontal) or portrait (vertical) orientation; depends on the iPhone or Android device, particular app, and/or specific content. Audio from your compatible mobile phone will also be mirrored through the Sony head unit.
- Once you have your device connected to the head unit and you have selected WebLink as the source, the WebLink app is not controllable from your Apple iOS or Android device. If you need to control the WebLink app from your smartphone, you will have to disconnect your phone's cable from the Sony receiver.
- The WebLink app must be opened as the primary app on your phone. If you press the home button or go to access other apps on your phone, the WebLink apps will pause on the Sony receiver, until the WebLink app is the primary app again. WebLink will not work with the app only running in the background.
- Some apps within WebLink will require that your vehicle's parking brake be engaged to operate certain functions & features of the application.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and WebLink apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
USB Cable Note: The Sony XAV-AX3200's USB port is attached to the rear-chassis via a 59" cable. Only use the attached 59" USB cable with an Apple certified Lightning-to-USB or Android-compliant USB cable when connecting your iPhone or Android device for CarPlay or AndroidAuto. Do not use 3rd party Lightning-to-USB or USB cables that are not Apple certified or Android compliant. Using other types of cables can result in CarPlay or Android Auto malfunction.
Smartphone Charging: The Sony receiver's USB connection provides 1.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPhone or Android smartphone device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPhone or Android device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Bluetooth 3.0: The Sony XAV-AX3200 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 3.0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAP 1.1 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony XAV-AX3200. Please visit Sony eSupport for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Secure Simple Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Sony XAV-AX3200 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. This unit can only be paired and connected with one Bluetooth device at a time.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Sony XAV-AX3200 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. Bluetooth hands-free communication helps to minimize distraction while driving by allowing you to control your mobile phone from the head unit, so you don't have to touch your mobile phone. The controls of the XAV-AX3200 can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. And thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the XAV-AX3200 provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls.
- Answering Calls: Incoming calls can be answered manually or automatically through the Sony head unit, while the ring tone is output from your car speakers and the caller's name or phone number is displayed on the head unit's touchscreen. Incoming calls can also be rejected if desired.
- Dialing a Number: Using the XAV-AX3200, you can dial a phone number in a variety of ways.
- Entering Phone #: Allows you to manually dial a phone number using the unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Preset Dial: You can store up to 6 contacts in the preset dial for quick dialing from the unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can transfer up to 1,000 contacts from your phone's phonebook and store them in the head unit for easy access using the unit's touchscreen monitor.
- Call History: The unit will store the last 20 calls, allowing you to select a previous phone number quickly from the list.
- Redial: Use this feature to easily redial the last number you called.
- Phone Call Adjustments: During a conversation, you can adjust the ringtone volume, adjust the caller's voice volume level, adjust the microphone gain level, as well as switch between the Hands-Free Mode and the Hands-Held Mode (talking directly on your cell phone).
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The Sony XAV-AX3200 also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. You can stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the XAV-AX3200. In addition to Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the unit also supports Apple's AAC codec for high quality playback when streaming from an Apple iOS device, such as an iPhone.
- Music Control: You'll be able to control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast-Forward/Reverse, and Shuffle/Repeat. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to control advanced music browsing functions.
- Song/Artist Info: The head unit will also display your music's song/artist information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album title (no album art).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) Playback: The Sony XAV-AX3200 features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that is attached to the rear chassis via a 59" cable. The head unit supports connection of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, like a thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. You'll be able to playback a variety of audio and video files on your compatible USB MSC device through the Sony receiver, as well as control playback and view song/artist information with album art. USB MSC devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. See chart below for compatible files -
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: sampling frequency of 32-48kHz with bit rate of 48-320kbps |
WMA: sampling frequency of 44.1kHz with bit rate of 48-192kbps
AAC: sampling frequency of 8-48kHz with bit rate of 40-320kbps
WAV: sampling frequency of 8-48kHz with bit depth of 16-bits
FLAC: sampling frequency of 8-48kHz with bit depth of 16-bits
|Video||Xvid: max resolution of 1280 x 720 with max frame rate of 30fps |
MPEG-4: max resolution of 1280 x 70with max frame rate of 30fps
MKV: max resolution of 1280 x 720 x 576 with max frame rate of 30fps
WMV: max resolution of 720 x 480 with max frame rate of 30fps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||256 folders/2,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 (version 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA, & AAC tags + Album Art|
Note: This unit's USB port does not support connection of a USB hub or USB card-reader.
AV Input: The Sony XAV-AX3200 digital multimedia receiver is outfitted with a rear-panel minijack (3.5mm) audio/video input to connect an external AV source - such as a game system, Blu-ray player, or TV tuner. The head unit's parking brake wire must be connected and your vehicle's parking brake engaged in order to view the AV input on the receiver's touchscreen monitor.
Note: This unit does not offer an AV output.
Rearview Camera Input: The Sony XAV-AX3200 is equipped with a composite video rearview camera input to connect a backup camera (sold separately). By connecting a backup camera, you can use the in-dash receiver's touchscreen monitor to see what's behind you when backing up.
- Parking Guide Lines: When a backup camera is connected and you are viewing a rearview image, parking guide lines appear on-screen making parking easy and safer. There are three color-coded horizontal guidelines. The parking guide lines can be customized to fit your type of vehicle better.
- Auto-Switching: When your vehicle's shift lever is in the reverse position, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera; the purple/white wire of the included harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.1 seconds. You can also manually select the rearview camera input from the head units touchscreen..
Note: The rearview camera feature is meant as a backup aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Dynamic Reality Amp 2: The Dynamic Reality Amp 2 gives you 20W (RMS) x 4ch / 55W (Peak) x 4ch of power, so you can play music as loudly or softly as you like with clarity and detail. The amp has 47% less internal resistance than conventional units, for increased output and clear, natural sound at any volume.
- Continuous Power Output: 20 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Peak Power Output: 55 watts x 4-channels (220 total watts)
Note: The power specifications for the Sony XAV-AX3200 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
5ch/2V Preouts+ Subwoofer Control: The XAV-AX3200 contains five 2-volt RCA preouts; a front channel pair, rear channel pair, and mono-subwoofer channel. The front and rear channel preouts can be faded, while the subwoofer preout is non-fading. You can adjust the subwoofer preout's volume level (-10 to +10) independently from the head unit's volume control. You can also select the phase of the subwoofer output from Normal or Reverse.
Low-Pass & High-Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer preout features a low pass filter with a selectable cut-off frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz. The front & rear speaker high-level and low-level outputs offer a selectable high-pass crossover frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off.
10-Band EQ: You can select from a variety of preset EQ curves. Select from R&B, Rock, Pop, Dance, Hip-Hop, Electronica, Jazz, Soul, Country, Custom, & Off. The Custom EQ preset mode allows you to tailor the sound to your personal preference with its 10-band graphic equalizer. Cut and boost ten different frequencies (32, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16k Hz) from -10 to +10 for unlimited sound sculpting options.
Dynamic Stage Organizer (DSO): Sound waves are directional, so if your speakers are in your doors or under your dash, the audio may seem muddy or unclear. Dynamic Stage Organizer (DSO) adjusts the signal, improving the stereo positioning so music sounds like it's coming from the dashboard
ExtraBass: Activate ExtraBass at the touch of a button for an instant, low-end boost. Unlike conventional bass boosters, ExtraBass minimizes distortion at all volume levels by automatically adjusting frequency and gain to their optimal positions.
Audio Input Level: This feature adjust the volume level different between the head unit and the AV-In or USB connected device. The Audio Input Level range is adjustable from -10 to +15. This function is only available when the parking brake is applied.
Digital Clarity Tuner w/ RDS: The Sony XAV-AX3200 is equipped with a Digital Clarity Tuner for clear AM/FM stereo sound with digital processing technology. The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets each in FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 and AM2 (total: 18 FM/12 AM). Preset tuning can be done manually or automatically.
- BTM (Best Tuning Memory): BTM (Best Tuning Memory) selects stations with the best signals within the selected band and stores them in order of their frequency. You can select from FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
- RDS: FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal. Radio Data System (RDS) displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Sony XAV-AX3200 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
6.95" Touchscreen w/ Gesture Control: The Sony XAV-AX3200 digital media receiver is equipped with a 6.95" touchscreen with full-color display and responsive touch-sensitive control. The 6.95" touchscreen monitor has a resolution of 800 RGB x 480 (1,152,000 pixels). With Gesture Control, you can perform frequently-used operations by simply swiping your finger on the touchscreen monitor to the left, right, up, or down (Gesture control is not supported by Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, or WebLink).
- Wallpaper: You can choose between multiple color wallpapers for the background image of the unit's touchscreen monitor.
- Picture EQ: You can select a picture quality mode suitable for the interior brightness of your vehicle. You can choose from Dynamic, Standard, Theater, or Custom. This feature is only available when the parking brake is engaged and AV-In or USB video is the selected source.
- Aspect Ratio: You can also change the screen's aspect ratio to suit your video content. You can choose from Normal, Zoom, Full, or Captions. This feature is only available when the parking brake is engaged and AV-In or USB video is the selected source.
- Dimmer: To change the brightness of the display you can set the Sony receiver to one of three dimmer modes; Auto (dims the display automatically when you turn your vehicle's lights on), or On (display is always dimmed), or Off (normal brightness). You can adjust the dimmer level from -5 to +5.
Note: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire in the supplied harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. Video can only be displayed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still enjoy CarPlay, Android Auto, & Bluetooth, as well as access audio adjustments.
Push-Button Controls: In addition to touchscreen control, the Sony head unit features six push-button controls along the bottom edge of the front-panel. Push-button control functions include Home Menu/Mute, Volume Up/Down, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Reverse, and Option/Voice. The button illumination brightness follows the display dimmer setting. You can even turn the touchscreen monitor off and only use the push-button controls for playback of audio.
Remote Control: The Sony XAV-AX3200 comes with an IR wireless remote control and supports compatibility with steering wheel remote adapters (sold separately).
- IR Remote: The included IR remote (RM-X170) provides wireless control of the Sony receiver. The included wireless remote allows you to control the basic functions (not Bluetooth Phone) of the Sony head unit while keeping your eyes on the road.
- SWC Input: This receiver is compatible with aftermarket steering wheel audio control adapters (sold separately) designed to retain your vehicles existing factory steering wheel controls (if equipped) once the factory radio is replaced with an aftermarket head unit.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (only when using the receiver's built-in amp). This function can be turned On or Off.
The Sony XAV-AX3200 replaces these items
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- works with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and WebLink
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- 6.95" resistive touchscreen
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible
21 questions already asked