About the Sony XAV-AX6000
Superior screen for video, screen-mirroring, and more
Superior screen for video, screen-mirroring, and more
Swap out your factory radio and keep the elegant look with Sony's XAV-AX6000 digital multimedia receiver. Its bezel-less 6.95" capacitive touchscreen responds accurately to touch and its anti-glare technology ensures you have a clear view of onscreen controls even on the brightest days. And for those of you who love your buttons, volume, track-skipping controls, and more are easy to access.
Since we're talking Sony, you can count on great video quality when you connect your phone or video source via HDMI. You'll get HD video playback as well screen-mirroring capability, when the parking brake is engaged. Plus, you can really dial in your style with customizable wallpaper and expansive sound-sculpting tools.
Smartphone fun, without wires
Without exceptional smartphone integration, a new car stereo just isn't as exciting or useful. Thankfully, Sony includes the very best in the XAV-AX6000, with onboard Android Auto and Apple CarPlay that you can access with a wireless connection.
Android Auto (wired and wireless): Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
Apple CarPlay (wireless only): CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
High-quality wireless audio streaming
Sony incorporates LDAC technology into this receiver, so can wirelessly stream high-quality audio from compatible devices at 96 kHz / 24-bit sampling. That's a significant improvement over conventional Bluetooth streaming. But when you need it, you'll always be able to use Bluetooth for streaming audio and hands-free phone calls.
Even more sources
You'll find a USB-C input for keeping your phone charged or playing back files from a flash drive – including FLAC audio and a variety of video file types. Add an optional backup cam to the mix, and you'll be happy to back into the tightest parking spots. Sony's quick wake-up feature that ensures you'll see what's behind you shortly after turning on your car.
If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away when you look for new adventures, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Sony to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast.
Superior tools for sculpting your sound
Sony builds in a handy array of tools that help you bring your favorite music to life. A 14-band EQ lets you dial in your personal preferences or select from a variety of preset EQ curves, while the 3-zone crossover lets you pull together the fine-tuning of your front speakers, rears, and sub. Plus, you can use Sony's time alignment feature to overcome inaccuracies created by your vehicle's speaker locations.
Plenty of room for wiring
Since the XAV-AX6000 doesn't have a disc player, it can go into a lot more spaces than a regular radio. The front is the same size as a typical double-DIN (4" tall) receiver, but the actual chassis is just a single-DIN (2" tall) opening height. And it's shallower than typical stereos, so you can tuck the wiring underneath the chassis to make sliding it into the dash easier.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The XAV-AX6000 offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Sony's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.95" capacitive touchscreen display with brushed aluminum key terminal
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- connect a video source via HDMI
- high-quality wireless LDAC audio streaming
- works with Apple CarPlay (wireless only) and Android Auto (wired/wireless)
- voice control with Siri and Google Assistant
- plays media from USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 14-band equalizer with time alignment
- subwoofer controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear micro-HDMI, rear USB-C input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, mono sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/55 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- CTA-2006 compliant
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XAV-AX6000
What's in the box:
- Digital multimedia receiver (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness (attached 6.5' parking brake wire)
- Camera/Preout harness
- 3-Wire to 3.5mm SWC adapter
- 59" USB-C extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 10' cable terminated by a FAKRA connector)
- GPS Antenna mounting plate
- Microphone with visor-bracket (attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle mono-3.5mm connector)
- Surface bracket
- Two-sided tape
- Four M5x9mm ISO-screws
- 2 Cable-ties
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Information
Sony XAV-AX6000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XAV-AX6000
Features & specs
|Audio/video Input||Micro-HDMI (rear)|
|USB Port Power||3A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|iPhone||5S and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||55 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||7 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,ALAC,FLAC,WAV,DSD|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Apple iPhone & Android Smartphone Integration: Thanks to built-in 5GHz WiFi (802.11ac) and the supplied GPS antenna, you can leave your compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone in your pocket or bag and still access full device integration through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. You'll be able to access navigation, communication and entertainment - all via voice control and without any cable clutter.
- Built-In WiFi: The Sony XAV-AX6000 features built-in WiFi wireless connectivity specifically designed to support a cable free connection between your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone and the receiver. The unit's built-in WiFi can only be used for CarPlay & Android Auto (not designed to be used with WiFi hotspots).
- GPS Antenna: The included GPS antenna must be installed for wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to function optimally and properly. The GPS antenna can be mounted inside the front of vehicle on the dash.
Wireless Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your iPhone 5S or newer in the vehicle, while you stay focused on the road. Your compatible iPhone must be connected to the Sony XAV-AX6000 wirelessly via WiFi & Bluetooth (not USB). An iPhone 5S or newer (running iOS 9.0+) is required for a wireless connection. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Sony XAV-AX6000. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the Sony in-dash digital multimedia receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the Sony receiver's 6.95" touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction.
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the XAV-AX6000's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the microphone. You can also select which car speaker outputs the caller audio; you can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Sony receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus Apple Music from the Sony XAV-AX6000. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the XAV-AX6000's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The XAV-AX6000's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the Sony receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, podcasts, sports, news, and audiobooks - including Pandora, Tidal, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, Audiobooks.com & Audible (subscriptions and fees may app). Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Sony receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- The Sony XAV-AX6000 only supports Wireless CarPlay; it does not support wired USB CarPlay.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5S or newer running the latest iOS version.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected Apple iPhone.
Android Auto (Wired or Wireless): The Sony XAV-AX6000 receiver supports Android Auto with select Android smartphones using a wireless or wired connection. A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android OS 10.0+ or any smartphone with Android OS 11.0+ and 5GHz WiFi can utilize Android Auto Wireless with the Sony receiver using the latest version of the Android Auto app, plus a WiFi and Bluetooth connection. Android smartphones running Lollipop 5.0 or higher can also be hardwired to the Sony receiver via USB-C and Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen user interface. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Sony receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, or listen to music.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Sony receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Sony receiver via YouTube Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and internet radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Click here to learn more about Android Auto and to see what latest smartphones are compatible.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay & Android Auto, apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
USB-C Port Charging: The Sony XAV-AX6000 is equipped with a rear-panel USB-C port, instead of the standard USB-A port. The receiver's USB-C port provides up to 3A of current to power and charge your USB-connected Apple iPhone or Android smartphone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPhone or Android device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Bluetooth 5.0: The Sony XAV-AX6000 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 5,0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.7.1 (Hands Free Profile), PBAP 1.2 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3.1 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6.1 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony XAV-AX6000. Please visit Sony eSupport for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Secure Simple Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Sony XAV-AX6000 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. This unit can be paired with multiple devices (up to 10), but it can only be connected to a single device at a time for wireless music playback and hands-free calling.
Hands-Free Communication: The Sony XAV-AX6000 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. Bluetooth hands-free communication helps to minimize distraction while driving by allowing you to control your mobile phone from the head unit, so you don't have to touch your mobile phone. The controls of the XAV-AX6000 can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. And thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.7) with wideband speech capability, the XAV-AX6000 provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls.
- Answering Calls: Incoming calls can be answered manually or automatically through the Sony head unit, while the ring tone is output from your car speakers and the caller's name or phone number is displayed on the head unit's touchscreen. Incoming calls can also be rejected if desired.
- Dialing a Number: Using the XAV-AX6000, you can dial a phone number in a variety of ways.
- Entering Phone #: Allows you to manually dial a phone number using the unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Presets (Favorites): You can store up to 6 contacts in the preset dial for quick dialing from the unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can transfer up to 1,000 contacts from your phone's phonebook and store them in the head unit for easy access using the unit's touchscreen monitor.
- Call History: The unit will store the last 20 calls, allowing you to select a previous phone number quickly from the list.
- Redial: Use this feature to easily redial the last number you called.
- Phone Call Adjustments: During a conversation, you can adjust the ringtone volume, adjust the caller's voice volume level, adjust the microphone gain level, as well as switch between the Hands-Free Mode and the Hands-Held Mode (talking directly on your cell phone).
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Sony XAV-AX6000 also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. You can stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the XAV-AX6000.
- Supported Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the XAV-AX6000 offers support of AAC and LDAC. By supporting AAC, the Sony digital media receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad. LDAC streams audio from your compatible Android OS device at 24-bit/96kHz sampling with bitrates up to 3x higher (990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth.
- Advanced Music Browsing: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the XAV-AX6000 lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Info: The head unit will also display your music's song/artist information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album title (no album art).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
USB-C Port (for MSC Playback): The Sony XAV-AX6000 features a rear-panel USB-C port that is located on the rear of the touchscreen monitor and comes with a 59" USB-C extension cable. In addition to supporting Android Auto, the USB-C port supports the connection of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device with a USB-C connector. You'll be able to play back a variety of audio files (including Hi-Res) on your compatible USB MSC device through the Sony digital multimedia receiver, as well as control playback and view song/artist information with album art. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB-C port (3A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
|Media Type||USB-C MSC (Mass Storage Class)|
|File System||FAT 16/32, exFAT|
|Playable Audio Files|| |
MP3 (32-320kbps; 32-48kHz), WMA (32-192kbps; 44.1kHz), AAC (16-320kbps; 8-48kHz), ALAC (16/24-bit; 8-192kHz), FLAC (16/24-bit; 8-192kHz), WAV (16/24/32-bit; 8-192kHz), DSD* (2.8/5.6/11.2/22.4 MHz)
|Maximum # Of Folders/Files||25,000 total files|
|Tags||MP3-ID3, WMA, AAC, ALAC, FLAC tags + Album Art|
- The receiver is equipped with a USB-C port; not the standard USB Type-A port found on most in-dash receivers.
- The USB-C port does not support Apple CarPlay. It also does not support connection of Android devices via MTP or AOA 2.0.
- The USB-C port does not support USB hubs or card-readers.
micro-HDMI Input: The Sony XAV-A56000 digital multimedia receiver is outfitted with a rear-panel micro-HDMI input for the connection of an external audio/video source device (such as a DVD or Blu-ray player) with an HDMI output. The micro-HDMI input can also be used to mirror the display and audio of a compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone using the appropriate adapters (sold separately). The micro-HDMI input provides video and audio playback, but not control. Playback functions will still need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected source device (not the Sony head unit).
- This is a micro-HDMI input and not a standard full-size HDMI input. You cannot use a standard full-size HDMI cable. A micro-HDMI to HDMI cable is required and sold separately.
- In order for the XAV-AX6000 to display video from the micro-HDMI input, the llight green wire in the supplied harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit and your vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Digital Clarity Tuner w/ RDS: The Sony XAV-AX6000 is equipped with a Digital Clarity Tuner for clear AM/FM stereo sound with digital processing technology. The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets each in FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 and AM2 (total: 18 FM/12 AM). Preset tuning can be done manually or automatically.
- BTM (Best Tuning Memory): BTM (Best Tuning Memory) selects stations with the best signals within the selected band and stores them in order of their frequency. You can select from FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
- RDS: FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal. Radio Data System (RDS) displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Sony XAV-AX6000 is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Rearview Camera Input: The Sony XAV-AX6000 is equipped with a composite video rearview camera input to connect a backup camera (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). By connecting a backup camera, you can use the in-dash receiver's touchscreen monitor to see what's behind you when backing up.
- Parking Guide Lines: When a backup camera is connected and you are viewing a rearview image, parking guide lines appear on-screen making parking easy and safer. There are three color-coded horizontal guidelines. The parking guide lines can be customized to fit your type of vehicle better.
- Auto-Switching: When your vehicle's shift lever is in the reverse position, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera; the purple/white wire of the included harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.0 second. You can also manually select the rearview camera input from the head units touchscreen.
Note: The rearview camera feature is meant as a backup aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
iDatalink Maestro Compatible: iDatalink Maestro compatibility connects the XAV-AX6000 to the onboard computer of select vehicles, turning it into a customized display for factory-equipped functions and features. With an iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately) you can interface with your vehicle's infotainment and information (for performance, safety and comfort) directly on the Sony receiver's 6.95" touchscreen.
- Web Programmable: The iDatalink Maestro RR is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro RR module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Sony receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
- Functions & Settings: After installing the iDataLink Maestro module and downloading the proper firmware, only available functions and settings are displayed on the Sony receiver's touchscreen monitor. You can use the Climate Control screen to see the status and operate the climate control system in your car. Selectable Gauges display driving information of your vehicle such as running speed (MPH), engine speed (RPM), and more. The Vehicle Information screen indicates information from your vehicle such as the tire pressure, car battery voltage, door ajar, and more. The Park Assist feature adds a visual display of detected objects to the existing parking sensor system in your vehicle (if equipped).
Note: Available functions, features, and settings differ according to your vehicle model and the firmware installed to the iDataLink Maestro module. Sony does not guarantee all operations of the iDataLink Maestro functions and settings.
Optional Steering Wheel Control Adapter: This receiver is compatible with aftermarket steering wheel audio control adapters (sold separately) designed to retain your vehicles existing factory steering wheel controls (if equipped) once the factory radio is replaced with an aftermarket head unit.
Dynamic Reality Amp 2: The Dynamic Reality Amp 2 gives you 20W (RMS) x 4ch / 55W (Peak) x 4ch of power, so you can play music as loudly or softly as you like with clarity and detail. The amp has 47% less internal resistance than conventional units, for increased output and clear, natural sound at any volume.
- Continuous Power Output: 20 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Peak Power Output: 55 watts x 4-channels (220 total watts)
Note: The power specifications for the Sony XAV-AX6000 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
5ch/5V Preouts+ Subwoofer Control: The XAV-AX6000 contains five 5-volt RCA preouts; a front channel pair, rear channel pair, and mono-subwoofer channel. The front and rear channel preouts can be faded, while the subwoofer preout is non-fading. You can adjust the subwoofer preout's volume level (-10 to +10) independently from the head unit's volume control. You can also select the phase of the subwoofer output from Normal or Reverse.
Low-Pass & High-Pass Filter: The Sony digital multimedia receiver is equipped with low-pass and high-pass crossover filters. The unit's subwoofer preout features a low pass filter with a selectable cut-off frequency of 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 125Hz. The front & rear speaker high-level and low-level outputs offer a selectable high-pass crossover frequency of 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, or Off. The slope of the low & high pass crossovers can be adjusted to -12dB, -24dB, -36dB, or -48dB.
14-Band EQ: You can select from a variety of preset EQ curves. Select from R&B, Rock, Pop, Dance, Hip-Hop, Electronica, Jazz, Soul, Country, Custom 1/2, & Off. The Custom EQ preset mode allows you to tailor the sound to your personal preference with its 14-band graphic equalizer. Cut and boost 14 different frequencies (50, 80, 125, 200, 315, 500, 800, 1.25k, 2k, 3.15k, 5k, 8k, 12.5k, 17.3k Hz) from -12 to +12 for unlimited sound sculpting options.
6.95" Capacitive Touchscreen: The Sony XAV-AX6000 digital multimedia receiver is equipped with a 6.95" capacitive touchscreen that offers a crystal clear display and highly responsive touch-sensitive control. The ultra-slim 6.95" touchscreen display uses a bezel-less panel, for a smooth fit on the dashboard that blends seamlessly with your car interior. The 6.95" touchscreen monitor has a resolution of 800 RGB x 480 (1,152,000 pixels). The anti-glare 6.95" touchscreen ensures an intuitive interface and efficient user experience.
- Wallpaper Background: You can customize the touchscreen interface's wallpaper (background) to suit your car interior or personal taste. You can choose between four presets (Solid Black / Cherry Wood / Saddle Leather / Blue Canvas) or two manual wallpaper color settings.
- Illumination Dimmer: To change the brightness of the display you can set the Sony receiver to one of two dimmer modes; Dimmer Auto (dims the display automatically when you turn your vehicle's lights on), or Dimmer On (display always dim). You can adjust the dimmer level from -5 to +5.
Parking Brake Lockout: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire in the supplied harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. Video can only be displayed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off) - you can still enjoy CarPlay, Android Auto, & Bluetooth, as well as access audio adjustments.
Front-Panel Buttons: Push-button controls along the bottom edge of the 6.95" touchscreen display provides instant access to commonly-used features such as volume, source, sound settings and voice control for safe and easy operation on the road
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (only when using the receiver's built-in amp). This function can be turned On or Off.
Optional Remote: The XAV-AX6000 digital multimedia receiver supports Sony's optional IR remote control (RM-X400 - sold separately and not available at Crutchfield).
5 questions already asked