About the Sony XM-2002GTR
Sony's Xplod amps combine form and function in a mix that'll make your system look and sound great. On the outside, the sleek inverted heat sink keeps vital internal components running cooler and lasting longer. Removable terminal covers keep all the wire connections protected and out of sight for a clean-looking installation.
Underneath the hood, the 2-channel XM-2002GTR delivers 200 watts to two channels, or 500 watts in single-channel operation plenty of power for many subwoofer systems. Signal-sensing speaker-level inputs activate the amp automatically when you turn on your factory radio, so there's no remote turn-on lead for you to install.
You can adjust the frequency filter to tailor the signal going to your subs, while a bass boost adds extra punch to the lows. Preamp outputs simplify setup when it's time add another amp to your system.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- low-pass crossover (50-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40 Hz)
- MOSFET outputs and power supply
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- speaker-level inputs with signal sensing for automatic turn-on
- preamp inputs and outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 15-7/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 10-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XM2002GTR
What's in the box:
- Two-channel amplifier
- 8" Speaker-level input harness (with 4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 4 Hex-head self-tapping screws (5mm diameter x 15mm)
- Operating instructions (English/French)
- Warning sheet on speaker wiring configurations
- Warranty sheet
Sony XM-2002GTR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XM-2002GTR
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
200 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||400 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||250 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||500 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||N/A|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-300 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-10 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||40 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Protection Circuitry: The Sony XM-2002GTR amplifier has 3-way protection circuitry, which protects the amplifier in the following cases:
- Thermal: shuts off the amp when the operating temperature is too high
- Short circuit: shuts off the amp when the speaker outputs are short-circuited
- DC Offset: shuts off the amp when the speaker wires or ground lead is not securely connected, generating direct current
Protector LED: The amplifier has an LED on the top panel that glows red when the protection circuit is activated.
Low-pass Filter: This amp is equipped with a low-pass filter, continuously variable from 50-300Hz, with a slope of 12dB/octave. You can turn off the filter for full-range operation.
Power/Ground Terminals: The power and ground screw terminals are 0.54" wide to easily accommodate 4-gauge wire.
Preamp Output: This amplifier includes a stereo preamp output, which allows you to send an unfiltered signal to another amplifier. You must be using the line level input, not the speaker-level input, in order to use the preamp output jacks.
Speaker-level Input Harness: The amp comes with a 2-channel speaker-level input harness with a 4-pin Molex plug on one end. This allows you to more easily connect this amplifier to a factory deck or a receiver without preamp outputs.
Bridging the Amplifier: When bridging the amplifier, the line input jack and speaker output terminals labeled "BTL" are used. The input signal is plugged into the left channel input and the output signal comes from the left positive and right negative speaker terminals.
RMS Power Output (supply voltage at 14.4 Volts):
- 200 watts x 2 into 4 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.1% THD)
- 250 watts x 2 into 2 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.15% THD)
- 500 watts bridged into 4 ohms (20 Hz to 20kHz, 0.15% THD)
Maximum Power Output:
- 400 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- 600 watts x 2 into 2 ohms
- 1200 watts bridged into 4 ohms
Current Drain: at rated output: 48A (at 4 ohms)
Amplifier Wiring: This amplifier uses two 40-amp fuses, so its total fuse rating is 80 amps. The Streetwires 4-gauge amp wiring kits (item #s 211PS4B, 211PS4R, 211PS4BI, 211PS4RI) include an 80-amp fuse, and will accommodate the amp's fuse rating. Other 4-gauge amp wiring kits carried by Crutchfield include a 60-amp fuse. If you are using a 4-gauge amp wiring kit with a fuse rated less than 80 amps, the fuse should be replaced with an 80-amp AGU fuse (item # 211AGU80).