About the Sony XM-2100GTX
Sony knows that a steady power source is the foundation of a great sound system. That's why they design their Xplod amplifiers to deliver consistent output to maximize power distribution to your speakers. Pulse power supplies guarantee that this amp will maintain consistent output, regardless of fluctuations in the voltage from your car's electrical system, while MOSFET power supplies keep everything running efficiently.
The XM-2100GTX amplifier delivers 100 watts RMS x 2 (at 4 ohms), ideal for bringing out the best in your speaker system. Or, bridge this versatile amp to mono operation for 250 watts RMS, plenty of juice to drive your subwoofer. The built-in variable low-pass filter will let you tune your bass to perfection. Crank up the variable bass boost for up to 10 dB of 40 Hz thump.
Gold-plated terminals give you reliable signal and power connections, and speaker-level inputs allow for easy integration with any system.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (125 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- low-pass crossover (50-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40 Hz)
- MOSFET power supply and output stages
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- gold-plated connectors
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XM2100GTX
What's in the box:
- Two-channel amplifier
- 8.75" Speaker level input harness (with 4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 4 Hex-head self-tapping screws (5mm diameter x 15mm)
- Plastic terminal protection cap
- Operating instructions (English/French)
- Warning sheet on speaker wiring configurations
- Warranty sheet
Sony XM-2100GTX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XM-2100GTX
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||125 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||250 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.04%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||N/A|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-300Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-10 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||25 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Protection Circuitry: The Sony XM-2100GTX amplifier has 3-way protection circuitry which protects the amplifier in the following cases:
- Thermal: shuts off the amp when the operating temperature is too high
- Short circuit: shuts off the amp when the speaker outputs are short-circuited
- DC Offset: shuts off the amp when the speaker wires or ground lead is not securely connected, generating direct current
Power/Protector LED: The amplifier has an LED on the top panel which glows green when operating normally, and changes to red when the protection circuit is activated.
Low-pass Filter: This amp is equipped with a low-pass filter, continuously variable from 50-300Hz, with a slope of 12dB/octave. You can turn off the filter for full-range operation.
Protection Cap: The XM-2100GTX comes with a plastic protection cap that fits over the power/ground/remote terminals to help prevent accidental short circuiting.
Gold-plated Terminals: The power, ground, remote and speaker outputs feature gold-plated screw terminals for maximum power transfer. The RCA line input and output jacks are also gold-plated.
Preamp Output: This amplifier includes a stereo preamp output, which allows you to send an unfiltered signal to another amplifier. You must be using the line level input, not the speaker-level input, in order to use the preamp output jacks.
Speaker-level Input Harness: The amp comes with a 2-channel speaker-level input harness with a color-coded 4-pin Molex plug on one end. This allows you to more easily connect this amplifier to a factory deck or a receiver without preamp outputs.
Bridging the Amplifier: When bridging the amplifier, the line input jack and speaker output terminals labeled "BTL" are used. The input signal is plugged into the left channel input and the output signal comes from the left positive and right negative speaker terminals.
RMS Power Output (supply voltage at 14.4 Volts):
- 100 watts x 2 into 4 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.04% THD)
- 125 watts x 2 into 2 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.1% THD)
- 250 watts bridged into 4 ohms (20 Hz to 20kHz, 0.1% THD)
Maximum Power Output:
- 200 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- 300 watts x 2 into 2 ohms
- 600 watts bridged into 4 ohms
Current Drain: at rated output: 25A (at 4 ohms)
Amplifier Wiring: This amplifier uses two 25-amp fuses, so its total fuse rating is 50 amps. The Streetwires 8-gauge amp wiring kits (item #s 211PS8B, 211PS8R, 211PS8BI, 211PS8RI, 211AK8) include a 60-amp fuse, and will accommodate the amp's fuse rating. Other 8-gauge amp wiring kits carried by Crutchfield include a 40-amp fuse. If you are using an 8-gauge amp wiring kit with a fuse rated less than 50 amps, the fuse should be replaced with a 50-amp AGU fuse (item # 211AGU50, 142P50F4I).