About the Sony XM-2165GTX
Sony's Xplod XM-2165GTX amplifier maximizes power distribution to your speakers! Don't worry about fluctuations in the input voltage from your car's electrical system thanks to consistent output from this amp's pulse power supplies, your music will never skip a beat. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy your drive.
Gotta have thump? At 165 watts RMS per channel (or 400 watts in bridged mode), the XM-2165GTX has plenty of power for a subwoofer or two. The variable 10dB boost at 40 Hz kicks up the bass when it's needed, and you can switch on the variable low-pass filter to keep the low frequencies tight and crisp.
Extra-sturdy, gold-plated terminals give you reliable signal and power connections, and the speaker-level inputs allow for easy integration with any system, even a factory radio.
- 165 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 400 watts x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
- stereo or bridged mono output
- 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- MOSFET power supply and output stages
- 50-300 Hz low-pass filter, 12 dB/octave
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- gold-plated connectors
- variable bass boost (0-10 dB) centered at 40 Hz
- 15-3/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 10-1/4"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- One 2-channel amplifier
- One 8.5" speaker level input harness
- 4 Hex-head self-tapping screws
- Rubber cap (to cover power/ground terminals)
- Operating instructions (English/French)
- Warning sheet on speaker wiring configurations
- Warranty sheet
More details on the Sony XM-2165GTX
Protection Circuitry: This amplifier has 3-way protection circuitry which protects the amplifier in the following cases:
- Thermal: shuts off the amp when the operating temperature is too high
- Short circuit: shuts off the amp when the speaker outputs are short-circuited
- DC Offset: shuts off the amp when the speaker wires or ground lead is not securely connected, generating direct current
Power/Protector LED: The amplifier has an LED on the top panel which glows green when operating normally, and changes to red when the protection circuit is activated.
Low-pass Crossover: The XM-2165GTX is equipped with a low-pass crossover, continuously variable from 50-300Hz, with a slope of 12dB/octave. You can turn off the filter for full-range operation.
Low Boost: You can add up to 10dB of bass boost centered at 40Hz.
Preamp Output: This amplifier includes a stereo preamp output, which allows you to send a full-range signal to another amplifier.
Speaker-level Input Harness: The amp comes with a speaker-level input harness with a 4-pin Molex plug on one end. This allows you to more easily connect this amplifier to a receiver without preamp outputs.
Protection Cap: The XM-2165GTX comes with a rubber protection cap that fits over the power/ground/remote terminals, helping to prevent accidental short circuiting.
Front of Amplifier:
- Line-In: RCA stereo jacks
- Line-Out: RCA stereo jacks
- High Level Input: a 4-pin input for use with the included speaker-level input harness
- +12V (power): screw terminal (terminal is 0.57" wide)
- GND (ground): screw terminal (terminal is 0.57" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): screw terminal (terminal is 0.34" wide)
- Speaker Outputs: screw terminals (each terminal is 0.34" wide)
RMS Power Output:
- 165 watts x 2 into 4 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.1% THD)
- 200 watts x 2 into 2 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.15% THD)
- 400 watts bridged into 4 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.15% THD)
Maximum Power Output:
- 330 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- 500 watts x 2 into 2 ohms
- 1000 watts bridged into 4 ohms