About the Sony XM-4060GTX
Sony knows that a steady power source is the foundation of a great sound system. That's why they design their Xplod amplifiers to deliver consistent output to maximize power distribution to your speakers. Pulse power supplies guarantee that this amp will maintain consistent output, regardless of fluctuations in the voltage from your car's electrical system, while MOSFET power supplies keep everything running efficiently.
Powering a component speaker system? At 60 watts RMS x 4 channels, the XM-4060GTX has the power and flexibility you need to get your front and rear speakers sounding great. Or you can switch to 3-channel mode bridge the rear channels, sending 150 watts RMS to your subwoofer, while the front two channels (60 watts RMS x 2) power your front speakers.
Built-in variable high- and low-pass crossovers let you tweak the frequencies you send to your speakers, protecting them from damaging distortion. A variable bass boost (0-10dB at 40 Hz) lets you crank up a little extra low-end thump. Gold-plated terminals give you reliable signal and power connections, and speaker-level inputs allow for easy integration with any system.
- 60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 60 watts RMS x 2 + 150 watts RMS x 1 in 3-channel mode
- 4- or 3-channel output (no 2-channel operation)
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- requires an 8-gauge wiring kit wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- MOSFET power and output stages
- rear-channel high-pass/low-pass crossover (50-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- front-channel high-pass crossover (50-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- gold-plated connectors
- variable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40 Hz)
- 15-3/4"W x 2-3/16"H x 10-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XM4060GTX
What's in the box:
- Four-channel amplifier
- 8.75" Speaker level input harness (with 8-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 4 Hex-head self-tapping screws (5mm diameter x 15mm)
- Plastic terminal protection cap
- Operating instructions (English/French)
- Warranty sheet
Sony XM-4060GTX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XM-4060GTX
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
60 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||120 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 1 (Rear only)|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.08%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||N/A|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-300Hz-Rear only|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-300 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-10 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||25 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Channel Configuration: The XM-4600GTX amplifier can operate in a 4-channel mode, or, by bridging the rear channels, operate in a 3-channel mode. You cannot bridge the front channels on this amplifier.
Protection Circuitry: This amplifier has 3-way protection circuitry which protects the amplifier in the following cases:
- Thermal: shuts off the amp when the operating temperature is too high
- Short circuit: shuts off the amp when the speaker outputs are short-circuited
- DC Offset: shuts off the amp when the speaker wires or ground lead is not securely connected, generating direct current
Power/Protector LED: The amplifier has an LED on the top panel which glows green when operating normally, and changes to red when the protection circuit is activated.
Built-in Crossovers: The XM-4600GTX amplifier has the following built-in crossovers:
- Front Channels: High-pass filter, continuously variable from 50-300Hz, with a slope of -12dB/octave. With the filter switch, you can select high-pass or "off" for full-range operation.
- Rear Channels: Low-pass or high-pass filter, continuously variable from 50-300Hz, with a slope of -12dB/octave. With the filter switch, you can select low-pass, high-pass or "off" for full-range operation.
Low Boost: The front and rear channels have independent bass boost controls, allowing you to add up to 10dB of boost centered at 40Hz.
Level Control: This amp has independent level controls for the front and rear channels.
Protection Cap: The XM-4600GTX comes with a plastic protection cap that fits over the power/ground/remote terminals, helping to prevent accidental short circuiting.
Power/Ground Terminals: The power and ground screw terminals are 0.54" wide to easily accommodate up to 4-gauge wire.
Speaker-level Input Harness: The amp comes with a 4-channel speaker-level input harness with an 8-pin Molex plug on one end. This allows you to more easily connect this amplifier to a factory deck or a receiver without preamp outputs.
Bridging the Amplifier: When bridging the amplifier's rear channels, the subwoofer's speaker wires are connected to the left positive and right negative speaker terminals.
RMS Power Output (supply voltage at 14.4 Volts):
- Four speakers:
- 60 watts x 4 into 4 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.08% THD)
- 75 watts x 2 into 2 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.1% THD)
- Three speakers:
- 60 watts x 2 + 150 watts x 1 into 4 ohms (20Hz to 20kHz, 0.1% THD)
Maximum Power Output:
- Four speakers:
- 120 watts x 4 into 4 ohms
- 150 watts x 2 into 2 ohms
- Three speakers:
- 120 watts x 2 + 300 watts x 1 into 4 ohms
Current Drain: at rated output: 31A (at 4 ohms)
Amplifier Wiring: This amplifier uses two 25-amp fuses, so its total fuse rating is 50 amps. The Streetwires 8-gauge amp wiring kits (item #s 211PS8B, 211PS8R, 211PS8BI, 211PS8RI) include a 60-amp fuse, which will accommodate the amp's fuse rating. Some 4-gauge wiring kits also include a 60-amp fuse (Scosche--142AKPA14, Rockford Fosgate--575CP4CKDS). Other 8-gauge amp wiring kits carried by Crutchfield include a 40-amp fuse. If you are using an 8-gauge amp wiring kit with a fuse rated less than 50 amps, the fuse should be replaced with a 50-amp AGU fuse (item #s 211AGU50, 142P50F4I).