About the Sony XM-GS100
Brings you the bass
Brings you the bass
You'll get up to 600 watts RMS of bass power with Sony's XM-GS100 mono amplifier driving your sub. For maximum reliability, this compact amp sports a hefty heatsink that shunts off the heat that's generated when the amp's working hard. The XM-GS100 will also protect your subwoofer, with a Dynamic Distortion Suppressor circuit that rounds off the corners of dangerous square waves, minimizing the destructive effects of an overdriven signal.
All connections are located on one side of the amp, which makes wiring simpler and neater. The tuning controls sit protected under a cover so they won't get inadvertently moved. You'll find a low-pass filter for keeping high notes away, along with a subsonic filter that helps tune your bass for a ported enclosure so the lowest notes don't get out of control. You can crank up the variable bass boost if you need some more bump. Sony protects this amp with a 3-year warranty, and that says a lot.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 330 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Dynamic Distortion Suppressor and Active Thermal Control
- variable low-pass filter (50-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (6-70 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40Hz)
- Class-D amplifier design
- frequency response: 10-300 Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XMGS100
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 4" Speaker level input harness
- Two 30 amp ATO fuses (installed)
- Four 1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Operating instructions (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
Sony XM-GS100 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XM-GS100
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
330 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||1100 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-300 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||65 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-300 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-10 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||3 Year|
|Labor Warranty||3 Year|
Crossover: The low pass crossover is always engaged (cannot be bypassed); the crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 300 Hz.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter's cutoff frequency is continuously variable from 6 to 70 Hz.
Bass Boost: For added low frequency output, the amplifier has bass boost circuits centered at 40 Hz, variable from 0 to +10 dB.
Protection Circuitry: The amp has three protection circuits:
- Thermal: turns the amp off when the operating temperature is too high
- Short circuit: turns the amp off when the speaker outputs are short-circuited
- DC Offset: turns the amp off when it generates direct current
Power/Ground Terminals: The power and ground screw terminals are 0.55" wide.
Remote Terminal: The remote turn on screw terminal is 0.36" wide.
Speaker Outputs: There are two pair of speaker output screw terminals, internally shorted together so it's easy to connect two subwoofers. Each terminal is 0.36" wide.
Speaker-level Input Harness: A 4-pin speaker level input harness is included, allowing you to easily connect the amplifier to a factory radio or a receiver without preamp outputs.
Auto Turn-on: When using the speaker level inputs, the amp will automatically turn on when it senses an input signal.
Preamp Outputs: The amplifier features one set of RCA preamp outputs so you can send audio to another amplifier in your system. The preamp outputs are not affected by the built-in crossover.
Note: The preamp outputs are not active when the speaker level input is used.
The Sony XM-GS100 replaces these items
- 330 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- Dynamic Distortion Suppressor smooths out overdriven signals
- Class-D design
7 questions already asked