About the Sony SRS-XP700
Big sound for big fun
Big sound for big fun
The Sony SRS-XP700 delivers massive sound that can kickstart your next party. You can stream music to it via Bluetooth. Or plug in a flash drive with a preloaded playlist. You can plug in a mic and a guitar to sing and play along.
This fun, eye-catching speaker has programmable LEDs for a built-in light show. And it's water-resistant so you can take it poolside..
Bold, clear sound
The SRS-XP700 features three 2-3/8" high-efficiency tweeters for clean, clear highs. It also includes two of Sony's innovative X-Balanced drivers, a pair of 6-3/4" woofers. They work together with the large rear-firing passive bass radiator for rich full midrange and deep, hard-hitting bass. You can place the speaker horizontally or vertically, and a built-in sensor will detect its position and optimize the sound accordingly.
Bluetooth streaming is enhanced by Sony's LDAC technology. This allows the wireless signal to retain more musical detail. And it has Sony's DSEE HX sound mode option to restore detail to compressed music.
Let the music play your way
The SRS-XP700 is more than just a Bluetooth speaker. There's a USB port so you can play preloaded music mixes from a thumb drive. You can also play music from a portable device through the speaker's stereo minijack input.
The speaker also has a microphone jack — ideal for karaoke. And it has an input jack for either a second mic or a guitar. Both inputs have independent volume control. Use the SRS-XP700 as a PA system or even a guitar amp.
Sony Music Center app
You can control the SRS-XP700 with the Sony Music Center app, a free download for both Apple® and Android™ devices. With the app, you can wirelessly pair two SRS-XP700 speakers for stereo sound. You can also remotely operate the speaker — control music, adjust the brightness of the light, engage the sleep timer, and more.
Do more with the Fiestable app
Augment the power of the Sony Music Center app with the free Sony Fiestable app. This companion app lets you control the SRS-XP700 with voice or motion commands, so you can hit the dance floor and keep being the DJ. You can even sample your voice or other audio and add cool effects to it.
Fellow partiers can join in, too. They can modify your playlist by favoriting tracks. And you can send light patterns to their phones, so they pulse to the music. You can even share karaoke rankings. All they need is the Fiestable app installed on their smartphone.
And if your friends brought their gear, you can level up the fun even more by wirelessly connecting up to 100 Music Center-compatible speakers. You can also coordinate their light displays to all show the same color or pattern.
NOTE: In order to use the Fiestable app, you must also have the Sony Music Center app installed on your smartphone.
The speaker has a built-in handle, making it easy to transport. There are two USB charging ports for your smartphone and other portable devices. The built-in rechargeable battery can deliver up to 25 hours of continual operation. And it's quick charging. Just ten minutes of charging gives you three hours of battery life.
- built-in Bluetooth with high-fidelity LDAC and AAC wireless music streaming
- three 2-3/8" tweeters, two 6-3/4" woofers, and rear-firing passive bass radiator
- IPX4 rated water-resistant
- programmable LEDs for ambient light effects
Sony Music Center app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- set up and customize compatible Sony Music Center speakers
- selectable high-res playback
- wirelessly pair two compatible Sony Music Center speakers for stereo
- change colors and patterns on LEDs
- control music, sleep timer, and other features
Sony Fiestable app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- requires Sony Music Center to be installed
- motion control from your smartphone
- voice control from your smartphone
- DJ effects such as isolator, flanger, wah, and pan
- sample audio using your smartphone's mic
- Party Connect mode:
- wirelessly connect up to 100 compatible Sony Music Center speakers
- sync light colors and patterns for all speakers
- invite others with Sony Music Center and Fiestable apps on their smartphones to participate
- create a continual playlist of favorited songs from participants' smartphones
- program party lights to emit through participants' smartphones, synced with the music
- show karaoke and taiko game scores and rankings on participants' smartphones
- built-in handle
- stereo 3.5mm minijack input
- 2 USB charging ports for portable devices
- USB 1 can also be used for music playback from a thumb drive
- mic input jack with volume control
- guitar input jack with volume control
- built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 25 hours of operation
- quick charge function gives you up to 3 hours of play time with a 10-minute charge
- AC adapter and power cord
- 12-3/8"W x 27-5/16"H x 14-7/16"D
- weight: 37.25 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SRSXP700
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 59" AC power cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Reference Guide
- Warranty Information
- End User License Agreement
Sony SRS-XP700 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Sony SRS-XP700
Features & specs
|Weather Resistance||Splash-resistant (IPX4)|
|Power and Battery Info|
|Built-in Battery||Y (25 hours)|
|Charges External Device Via USB||No|
|Runs On AC Power||Yes|
|Bluetooth Version And Supported Audio Formats|
|Other Wireless Features|
|Unison Pairing (Party Mode)||Yes|
|Frequency Response||Not given|
|Amplification (Watts RMS)||60|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Water Resistant (IPX4): The Sony X-Series SRS-XP700 portable Bluetooth speaker has an IPX4-rating, making it water resistant (not waterproof). The portable Bluetooth speaker maintains its performance while subjected to water sprinkled from every direction. This means that no trace of water is found inside the speaker after a 10-minute test with water of 10 L/min sprinkled from a distance of 11.875" to 19.75" (300mm to 500mm) in every direction.
- The SRS-XP700 is water resistant to fresh water, tap water and pool water. It is not water resistant to salt water and other liquids.
- A rubber cap protects the SRS-XP700's inputs and outputs and plays a very important role in maintaining the speaker's water resistant performance. The rubber cap must be installed and closed over the inputs and outputs for the speaker to be IPX4 water resistant.
- When the rubber cap is removed and the SRS-XP700 is plugged into an AC power outlet; or when a USB device, Auxiliary source, or Mic/Guitar is connected, the speaker system is subject to water damage.
Note: The SRS-XP700 is water resistant, but not waterproof. It should never be submerged in water or liquid.
Powerful Omnidirectional Sound: The SRS-XP700 Bluetooth speaker employs four high-efficiency 2.375" dome tweeters, dual 6.75" X-Balanced bass drivers, and 6" one passive radiator that work in harmony to deliver powerfully rich and clear omnidirectional sound indoors and outdoors. The four high-efficiency tweeters provide crisp and spacious sound for high-frequencies, while the two X-Balanced bass drivers deliver deep, punchy bass. The rear-firing passive radiator is optimized to further enhance the portable speaker's impactful bass sound.
- Stereo Pair: Using the Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), you can connect two SRS-XP700 speakers together to create a stereo pair for a wider stereo soundstage. One speaker will be designated as the Left channel, while the other speaker is designated as the Right channel.
- Party Connect: Using the Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), you are able to connect up to 100 compatible Sony X-Series speakers and sync music and lights. The same audio and lighting effects are played on every linked speaker.
Note: The Stereo Pair or Party Connect feature cannot be used if you are using the speaker's USB 1 port, Aux input, or Mic/Guitar inputs for playback.
X-Balanced Speaker Technology: Sony's X-Balanced bass drivers feature a non-circular diaphragm, instead of the conventional circular diaphragm, to maximize the area of the driver's cone. The maximized diaphragm area increases sound pressure for a deeper and punchier bass sound, clearer vocals, and an altogether better listening experience. It also reduces driver excursion while maintaining the same sound pressure, resulting in less distortion and greater vocal clarity.
- MEGA BASS: The Sony SRS-XP700 portable Bluetooth speaker's MEGA BASS feature allows you to dial up the bass even more for deeper and more impactful bass sound.
- LIVE SOUND: With the SRS-XP700 Bluetooth speaker's LIVE SOUND feature you can recreate a unique atmosphere that simulates a live music experience for your favorite music tracks.
Bluetooth 5.0: The Sony SRS-XP700 features Bluetooth 5.0 with support for wireless audio playback (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the SRS-XP700 speaker system. The portable Bluetooth speaker system has a wireless range of approximately 98.4' (30m).
- Multi-Device Connection: You can pair multiple Bluetooth devices (up to 8) with the SRS-XP700 and keep two Bluetooth source devices connected at one time. When playback starts on one device while music playback is in progress on the other, the speaker switches the audio source from the latter to the former and starts outputting sound from the switched source device (Multi-device connection).
- Supported Codecs: In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the SRS-XP700 also supports Apple's AAC codec and Sony's LDAC codec. By supporting AAC, the SRS-XP700 offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iOS device. LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted (compared to regular Bluetooth), LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience.
- Auto-On/Off: The Sony SRS-XP700 speaker system can be set to automatically turn on when it senses a previously connected Bluetooth source device. The speaker system will automatically turn off after there is no Bluetooth audio signal or operation for approximately 15 minutes.
- Your Bluetooth-enabled iPod, iPhone, or iPad device must be running iOS version 10.0+ to support connection with the SRS-XP700.
- The Sony SRS-XP700 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
- The Sony SRS-XP700 does not offer Bluetooth audio transmission to a set of headphones.
Dual USB-A Ports: The SRS-XP700 Bluetooth speaker is outfitted with dual USB-A ports (USB 1 /USB 2). Both USB-A ports are rated a 5V/1.5A (each) and can be used to charge your smartphone, tablet, or electronic device. When both USB-A ports are being used at the same time to charge two devices, the total charge rating is 5V/2A. The USB-A port (labeled "USB 1) also supports playback of MP3, WMA, and WAV music files from a connected USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB MSC device must be formated in FAT 16 or 32 with no more than 300 folders and 2,000 total files.
- The USB 1 port cannot be used for playback of USB hubs, card-readers, laptops/computers, or Apple iOS/Android OS devices.
- The USB 2 port does not support music playback at all. It can be used for charging purposes only.
Aux Input: The Sony SRS-XP700 X-Series portable Bluetooth speaker is also equipped with 3.5mm Aux input for connection and playback of an external audio player or device.
Mic/Guitar Inputs: The Sony SRX-XP700 is equipped with a 1/4" mic input and a 1/4" combo mic/guitar input for connecting a dynamic microphone and a guitar (or two dynamic microphones) to the portable Bluetooth speaker. A button on the rear-panel of speaker switches the combo input between Mic or Guitar mode. The Mic and Mic/Guitar inputs have their own variable gain level to accomodate a variety of dynamic microphones and guitars.
Top-Panel Controls: The Sony SRS-XP700 offers push-button controls on the top-panel of the speaker system that will operate playback functions such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next track for Bluetooth and USB MSC connected devices.
App Compatible: The SRS-XP700 supports the Sony Music Center App and Sony's Fiestable App. Both apps are supported by Apple iOS and Android OS mobile devices. A wireless Bluetooth connection between your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS mobile device and the Sony SRS-XP700 is required to use either app.
- Sony Music Center App: The Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) allows you to optimize the speaker system's audio settings, control music, choose lighting patterns, group speakers (Stereo Pair or Party Connect), and manage your Bluetooth connected devices.
- Fiestable App: Sony's Fiestable App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) provides DJ, Illumination, Motion, and Voice control of the SRS-XP700 speaker system. You'll be able to access fun features like making party playlists, karaoke, and more. You'll even be able to control the speaker by simply shaking your compatible smartphone device, or by speaking preset voice commands into your compatible smartphone device's microphone.
Lighting Effects: The Sony SRS-XP700 offers ambient illumination lighting that produces modern and subtle lighting effects for parties and everyday use. You can select a variety of different lighting patterns from the Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+)
Power Requirements: The Sony SRS-XP700 X-Series portable Bluetooth speaker can be powered via the included 59" detachable AC power cord, or its built-in lithium rechargeable battery The built-in, rechargeable battery provides up to 25 hours of playback. It takes approximately 3 hours to fully charge the battery. The SRS-XP700 also offers quick charging, so only a 10 minute charge can provide up to 3 hours of playback. The speaker system features overcharging protection to keep the built-in battery in optimum condition.
- STAMINA Mode: In STAMINA mode, the SRS-XP700 speaker's lighting function and sound effects (including MEGA BASS mode) are automatically turned off to conserve energy power and save battery life.
- Auto Standby: If there is no audio signal or operation for approximately 15 minutes, the portable Bluetooth speaker will automatically go into Standby mode. Auto Standby does not function while a microphone or guitar is connected to the 1/4" TRS input. Auto Standby will also not function when one or both of the USB ports are being used to supply power or charge a device.
Integrated Carry Handles: Two built-in carry handles make it easy to transport the Sony SRS-XP700 Bluetooth speaker to the backyard, pool, park, or campsite.
Mounting Options: The Sony SRS-XPP700 portable Bluetooth speaker can be positioned horizontally or vertically, and a built-in sensor will optimize the sound especially for that orientation. Make sure the rubber feet are facing down.
- Vertical Dimenions: 12.375" (w) x 27.3125" (h) x 14.4375" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: 27.3125" (w) x 12.375" (h) x 14.4375" (d)
- Weight: 37.25 lbs
2 questions already asked
Good size for great sound while still being portable and easy to use
Stephen from Ormond Beach, FL