About the Sony XSP-N1BT
A smarter way to use your smartphone
A smarter way to use your smartphone
Sony is making a splash in the smartphone world with their XSP-N1BT CD receiver with its innovative phone cradle. The XSP-N1BT uses Sony's exclusive App Remote technology to turn your smartphone into its display and control panel, so you'll experience easy access to music, navigation, and other smartphone apps when you're behind the wheel.
Setting it up is easy — download Sony's app, then put your smartphone into the cradle that's built into this receiver. Connect your phone via the cradle's USB port (iPhone®) or via Bluetooth® (Android™), and you're ready to roll. With many Android phones, you can use Near Field Communication Bluetooth to automatically pair to the receiver, and if you're using an iPhone, Sony's Simple Secure Pairing pairs the phone easily the first time you connect via USB.
Voice control and more
The XSP-N1BT's supplemental display gives you info when your smartphone isn't in the cradle
The XSP-N1BT offers powerful voice control features when it's operating with your smartphone in the cradle. You'll be able to the compose and hear text messages or emails, listen to notifications or mapping information, and control your music, all while you keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
You can also entertain yourself with the receiver's CD player, plus an AM/FM tuner. And the built-in Bluetooth adds hands-free calling and audio streaming from compatible devices to the mix. You can also connect a satellite radio tuner to this Sony receiver, and check out SiriusXM's deep programming wherever you drive. Whatever the source, you can tune the sound to your liking with Sony's powerful 10-band EQ.
Even use it without your smartphone
If you don't have your smartphone on hand, the receiver's simple LCD display keeps you informed, while its wireless remote provides access to CD, USB, and tuner functions.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/55 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- smartphone cradle and App Remote technology lets you use your select smartphones as receiver display and controller
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- NFC offers instant Bluetooth pairing with compatible phones
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- App Remote 2 mode for iPhone (iOS 5+, via USB) and Android (2.2+, via Bluetooth)
- Pandora Internet radio control with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry smartphones
- EQ10 10-band equalizer
- digital time correction for superior stereo imaging
- Digital Sound Enhancement Engine improves digital file sound quality
- high- and low-pass filters
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (w/ 10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- 6" Right-angle microUSB-to-USB adapter cable
- Wireless remote control (RM-X311)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone w/ visor clip (attached 11' cord terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 ISO-mount screws
- Operating Instructions (En/Fr)
- Installation/Connections sheet (En/Fr)
- US Limited Warranty sheet
- Canada Consumer 1 Year Warranty
- Important Notice
Sony XSP-N1BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XSP-N1BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||55 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red or Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA,WAV|
Front-Panel Smartphone Cradle: Sony's new XSP-N1BT in-dash CD receiver features a front-panel cradle that allows select Apple iPhones and Android smartphones to serve as touchscreen controls for the in-dash system via Sony's free App Remote app. The front-panel clamping system is adjustable to accommodate a wide variety of Apple iPhones and Android smartphones; the mobile device will rest horizontally across the head unit's front-panel. The cradle will fit iPhone and Android smartphone devices measuring up to 6" (w) x 2.1875"-3.125" (h) x 0.5" (d). Your iPhone will also need to be plugged into the unit's front-panel USB port, while your Android smartphone will need to be paired via Bluetooth. Once you have installed your smartphone to the front-panel cradle and downloaded the free App Remote app, your compatible smartphone will act as the head unit's touchscreen display with a graphic user interface and touchscreen control. The head unit's USB port (max 1.5A) will charge your connected Apple iPhone or Android smartphone; Sony's new Xperia smartphones will charge without a USB cable via a magnetic connector.
Note: The Sony XSP-N1BT has very limited buttons across its front-panel. Most of the system's features will have to be controlled from your App Remote compatible smartphone or the included IR remote control. When a smartphone is docked in the front-panel cradle, the head unit's built-in display is deactivated.
App Remote Technology: Sony's App Remote Technology offers two-way communication between the Sony XSP-N1BT and your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 5+) or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (2.2+). You will need to download the free Sony App Remote application from the Apple App Store or the Google Play App Store onto your mobile device. You'll be able control the XSP-N1BT's sources directly from the application on your smartphone using simple finger gestures, and see detailed source information on the phone's touchscreen. You'll also have access to a variety of music, movie, and navigation apps. This application also integrates these same apps into the selectable source list of the Sony CD receiver and lets you launch apps from the head unit.
- Receiver Sources: The App Remote lets you access the head unit's Tuner, CD, USB, and Bluetooth sources from your phone's touchscreen. You can use finger gestures to tap, flick left/right, or flick up/down on the phone's touchscreen in order to change AM/FM Band, Play/Pause a track, Seek Up/Down a track or station, select a Preset, or access an Album. You will also be able to see song/artist information from MP3/WMA and smartphone sources, as well as station identification numbers from AM/FM radio. In addition, you can perform Bluetooth phone functions, like dialing an outgoing phone number or answering an incoming call.
- Compatible Apps (as of 4/1/2014): The App Remote also
provides various music, movie, and navigation apps which can be accessed
through your smartphone and played back through the Sony XSP-N1BT. Available operation differs depending
on the application.
- Music Apps: Music apps include; Pandora, AUPEO!, iHeartRadio, MOG, and TuneIn. You'll continue to view song/artist information and control your music apps from your smartphone (some apps cannot display song/artist info horizontally). The head unit itself, only provides basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Skip Track, or Next Station) from the remote and no song/artist information for these music apps.
- Movie Apps: Movie apps include Netflix and YouTube. Video will be displayed on your smartphone's screen, while the audio plays through your vehicle's speakers. Continue to use your smartphone as the controller. Subscription may be required. You should not watch videos while your vehicle is in motion.
- Navigation Apps: Supported navigation apps include Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, and MotionX GPS Drive. The map screen will display on your smartphone's touchscreen, while audible directions can be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can continue to listen to music while navigating; the unit will attenuate your music during a navigation voice-prompt. Control of the navigation apps will still be done through your smartphone's touchscreen. Fees may apply for some navigation apps & functions.
- Voice Communication + Notification Readout (Android only): Exclusive to Android devices, App Remote technology for the XSP-N1BT head unit adds a voice user interface for voice control of apps and functions such as navigation and music playback, notification readouts including RSS feeds, Twitter, and text message reply. Through voice operation, you can safely and comfortably operate your smartphone in the car from the Sony XSP-N1BT CD receiver. Incoming SMS/E-mail and Twitter/Facebook/Calendar notifications are automatically read aloud through the XSP-N1BT and your vehicle's speakers to keep you in touch.
- Custom Sound Settings: From your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone's App Remote touchscreen, you get access to audio & DSP settings (Equalizer, Volume Control, Fader/Balance/Subwoofer, and Listening Position).
Note: Access to the music, movie, and navigation apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Front-Panel Display & IR Remote: If you are not using your smartphone as a touchscreen display with the App Remote app, the Sony XSP-N1BT CD receiver features its own built-in, front-panel display and includes an IR remote. The front-panel display will indicate source selection, song/artist information, station identification, and menu settings. The included wireless remote allows you to control the all the major source, playback, and menu functions of the Sony head unit while keeping your eyes on the road. The unit also contains the front-panel control buttons - Source, Voice, Volume Up/Down, and Eject (button illumination selectable between Blue or Red).
Caution Alarm: If you turn the ignition switch to the Off position without removing your smartphone from the cradle, a caution alarm will sound for a few seconds; the alarm will only sound if the unit's built-in amplifier is used.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
2-DIN Chassis: The Sony XSP-N1BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is no mounting sleeve provided to Euro- or Custom-mount the in-dash receiver. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology: The Sony XSP-N1BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (version 3.1), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony XSP-N1BT. Please visit Sony eSupport for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Simple Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Sony XSP-N1BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can register up to nine Bluetooth enabled devices with the Sony head unit and keep two devices connected at all times (only one can be used at a time). Once paired, the XSP-N1BT will automatically re-connect to your device when in close proximity. The head unit also offers unique pairing for Android and iPhone smartphone to make Bluetooth pairing even easier.
- Near Field Communication (for Android): Android (OS 4.0+) smartphones that have Near Field Communication (NFC) pair simply by touching the Android device's NFC tag to the head unit's NFC tag on its front-panel. For older Android smartphones with OS 4.0 or lower, download the NFC Easy Connect app from Google Play to use the head unit's NFC pairing function.
- USB Pairing (for iPhone): You can pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Sony head unit via USB and activating the Bluetooth function on your Apple device.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The Sony XSP-N1BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). Bluetooth hands-free communication helps to minimize distraction while driving by allowing you to control your mobile phone from the head unit, so you don't have to touch your mobile phone. The controls of the XSP-N1BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering Calls: Incoming calls can be answered manually or automatically (between 3-10 seconds) through the Sony head unit, while the ring tone is output from your car speakers and the caller's name or phone number is displayed on the head unit's LCD. Incoming calls can also be rejected if desired.
- Dialing a Number: Using the XSP-N1BT, you can dial a phone
number in one of the following ways.
- Entering Phone #: Allows you to manually dial a phone number using the unit's control dial.
- Preset Dial: You can store up to 6 contacts in the preset dial for quick dialing.
- Phone Book: You can store up to 1,000 contacts in the unit's phone book. Up to a 40 character name can be input for each contact.
- Call History: The unit will store the last 20 calls, allowing you to select a previous phone number quickly from the list.
- Voice Dial: You can make a call using the voice tags stored on your connected cellular phone.
- Redial: Use to easily redial the last number you called.
Note: The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the level of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 11' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone comes with a mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.515" (depth).
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Advanced Music Navigation): The Sony XSP-N1BT can stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP mobile device (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat) for both stored music and music apps, the XSP-N1BT provides a Search List of your stored music by Category or Playlist (AVRCP 1.4 phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+). The head unit will also display device's stored music and music app song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth (not USB), the Sony XSP-N1BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel control and external microphone. Simply activate the "voice dial" function on the XSP-N1BT to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the head unit and its microphone. The head unit will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the XSP-N1BT ; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit supports the playback of MP3/WMA music files on a CD-R or CD-RW disc. Your smartphone will need to removed from the cradle to insert or eject a disc.
Front-Panel USB Port: The head unit's front-panel USB (type-A) port can be used to plug in a (MSC) Mass Storage Class USB device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The head unit can play MP3, WMA, and WAV music files stored on compatible USB device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
MP3/WMA/WAV Playback: The Sony XSP-N1BT supports the following types of MP3, WMA, WAV files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB MSC Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, Romeo, or Joliet,||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||
MP3: bit rate up to 320kbps |
WMA: bit rate up to 320kbps
WAV (USB only): bit rate of 8-/16-bit
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||150 folders/300 files||10,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tag|
Compressed Audio Display Information: The CD receiver can display the following ID3/WMA-tag information; Track number, Elapsed Playing Time, Song Title, Artist Name, or Album Label.
Quick Browser: The unit's Quick-BrowZer feature allow you to search for a track on a CD-R/RW disc or USB device easily by category (Genre, Artist, Album, or Playlist).
Off Insert/Eject + Auto Reload: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. The head unit will automatically begin disc playback, when a disc is inserted with the receiver set to a different source or powered off. The CD player will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
Mounting Angle: For proper CD playback, this unit must be mounted between 0 (horizontal) and 45-degrees.
iPod/iPhone Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The XSP-N1BT's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the iPod dock or Lightning connector-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod or iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection lets you directly connect, charge, & control select iPod/iPhones via the USB jack on the front of the unit, as well as view metadata like song title & artist name on the front display. The USB connection bypasses the iPod/iPhone's DAC and uses the head unit's 24-bit DAC to maximize sound quality. You can choose to control the your iPod/iPhone from the head unit (Head Unit Control Mode) or from the Apple device's clickwheel/touchscreen (Passenger App Control).
- Head Unit Control + Song/Artist Info: The XSP-N1BT's Quick-BrowZer feature allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, or Podcast from the head unit's front-panel control; content in each category will be listed alphabetically. The unit also offers basic playback controls; such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. During Head Unit Control mode, the XSP-N1BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including track #, elapsed playing time, song title, artist name, and album label. Newer Apple devices with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to use your Apple device's touchscreen to navigate your stored music and access music apps; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Passenger App Control: In Passenger App Control mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone device through its clickwheel or touchscreen; as well as music apps on an iPhone (iOS 3.0+). Basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track are still available from the head unit. The Passenger App Control mode does not offer song/artist information display. Not all apps will be compatible with this mode.
Note: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's front (1A) or rear (2.1A) USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone; the rear-panel USB port will also charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Sony XSP-N1BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/7/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||App Remote||Pandora App||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Digital Clarity Tuner w/ RDS: The Sony XSP-N1BT is equipped with a Digital Clarity Tuner for clear AM/FM stereo sound with digital processing technology. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets in each in band (FM 1-3/AM 1-2), for a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets. Presets can be stored automatically using the Best Tuning Memory (BTM) feature.
Pandora Internet Radio: The Sony XSP-N1BT CD receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio music service that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone, Android smartphone, or BlackBerry. The Sony XSP-N1BT will also display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry smartphone. Your iPhone (iOS 5.0 or later) will need to be connected to the head unit's front-panel USB port with the latest version of the Pandora App from Apple's App Store. Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must be connected via Bluetooth to the Sony XSP-N1BT (no hard-wired connection required); your Bluetooth-enabled Android or BlackBerry smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Android Market or the BlackBerry App World. Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must also support A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP Bluetooth profiles. Your iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account. The Sony XSP-N1BT provides the following control over the Pandora music service streamed to your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-enabled Android or BlackBerry smartphone.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Sony XSP-N1BT comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Dynamic Reality Amp: The redesigned, internal Dynamic Reality Amp circuitry boasts 47% lower internal resistance compared to conventional in-dash receiver, delivering 55 watts x 4 channels of Peak power to your vehicle's speakers. This allows you to crank up the volume while maintaining low distortion, low noise levels, and smooth frequency response. The power output specs for the XSP-N1BT are as follows:
- Continuous Power Output: 17 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Peak Power Output: 55 watts x 4-channels (220 total watts)
Note: The power specifications for the Sony XSP-N1BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
6ch/5V Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Sony XSP-N1BT is equipped with 5-volt Front, Rear, & Sub pre-amp outputs giving you the ability to connect external amplifiers to your car stereo system. The unit's subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer preamp output features a low pass filter with a selectable cut-off frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off. You can also adjust the slope (1/2/3) of the low-pass crossover. You can even adjust the subwoofer preamp output's volume level independently from the head unit's volume control from -10 to +10 in 1dB increments. In addition, you can select the phase of the subwoofer output from Normal or Reverse.
Note: You can connect a subwoofer to this head unit without the need of a separate power amplifier. Simply connect a single subwoofer (4-8 ohm) directly to head unit's left or right rear speaker leads (but not both). Same subwoofer controls apply.
High-Pass Filter: The front & rear speaker outputs offer a selectable high-pass crossover frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off. You can also adjust the slope (1/2/3) of the high-pass crossover.
Advanced Sound Engine: Sony's Advanced Sound Engine creates an ideal in-car sound field with digital signal processing. Advanced Sound Engine contains the following features: EQ10, ClearAudio+, Listening Position, Rear Bass Enhancer (RBE), Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE), Advanced Auto Volume (AAV), and Loudness.
- EQ10 w/ ClearAudio+: R&B, Rock, Pop, Dance, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Jazz, Soul, Country, Custom, or Off (Flat). The Custom mode allows you to make your own equalizer settings. You can adjust the level (+/-6dB) of 10 different frequency bands - Band1 (32Hz), Band2 (63Hz), Band3 (125Hz), Band4 (250Hz), Band5 (500Hz), Band6 (1khz), Band7 (2khz), Band8 (4kHz), Band9 (8kHz), and Band10 (16kHz).
- Listening Position: This unit can change the localization of sound by delaying the sound output from each speaker to suit your position, and simulate a natural sound field with the feeling of being in the center of it wherever you sit in the car. You can choose from Front Right, Front Left, Front Center, or Off. You can also set the subwoofer distance of the subwoofer to Near, Normal, or Far
- Rear Bass Enhancer (RBE): RBE enhances the bass sound by applying the low-pass filter setting to the rear speakers. This function allows the rear speakers to work as a subwoofer even if there is no subwoofer connected.
- Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE): DSEE improves digitally compressed music files by restoring high frequencies lost in the compression process.
- Advanced Auto Volume (AAV) + Loudness: This feature adjusts the playback volume level of all playback sources to the optimum level. Loudness reinforces bass and treble for clear sound at low volume levels.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
21 questions already asked