About the Sony XVM-H65
Adding a TV screen for your back-seat passengers? Sony's XVM-H65 6.5" LCD monitor boasts a crystal-clear picture with a wide viewing angle so everybody gets a good seat! The monitor can be used as a stand-alone screen in any existing audio/video system.
The XVM-H65 includes a flush-mount bracket, and its slim profile (only 1-3/16" deep) allows you to install it just about anywhere! The low-reflection screen reduces glare, and you can adjust the brightness of the display to fit viewing conditions. Two audio/video inputs and one video output are available for system expansion, along with a handy headphone output. A convenient wireless remote is included.Details:
- 6.5" LCD monitor
- flush-mount bracket
- connection box with inputs/output
- 2 audio/video inputs
- 1 video output (for connection to another monitor)
- wireless remote
- brightness control
- monitor: 6-1/2"W x 4-1/16"H x 1-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- 6.5" Color LCD monitor
- XA-113 Connection Box
- Flush-mount bracket
- RM-X122 wireless remote control
- 1 CR2025 lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 16.25' Monitor cable (has a 22-pin female connector on each end)
- 16.5' Power supply cord (has an in-line noise filter/1A fuse and 8A fuse)
- 9.75' DC-DC cord
- 16.5' Remote Commander Signal receiver cord (has a stereo mini-plug on each end)
- Operating Instructions (English/French)
- Warranty sheet
- Caution sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony XVM-H65
TFT Color LCD: The XVM-H65 is a TFT (Thin Film Transistor) active matrix color LCD that delivers a striking picture and superior image resolution.
Compatibility: This widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio) LCD monitor is compatible with both NTSC and PAL video systems, and will work with any video source with an RCA composite video output.
Display: This unit's display has 336,960 pixels (w: 1440 x h: 234).
Screen Modes: You can select one of the following Screen Modes:
- Normal: displays 16:9 widescreen format pictures that fill the entire screen width and 4:3 (conventional TV) pictures display with black bars on either side
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Zoom: expands 4:3 pictures both horizontally and vertically, filling the screen without distorting the picture but cutting off the top and bottom edges
- Widezoom: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen; only the left and right sides of the images are enlarged
Adjustable Picture Quality: For superior picture quality, you can adjust the following settings: Picture (contrast), Brightness, Color, Hue, Dimmer, and Video Adjust (resetting to factory preset levels).
- To Connection Box: 22-pin jack that connects to the connection box using the supplied monitor cable
Front Panel of Connection Box:
- Headphones: stereo minijack output
- Video 1 Input: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack
- Video 2 Input: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack
- DC Output (7.5 V/Max 2A): DC jack for use with supplied DC-DC cord
Back Panel of Connection Box:
- Output: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack
- DVD (MV): 11-pin jack that is not functional
- Remote Signal: stereo mini-jack that connects to an optional mobile DVD player using the supplied Remote Commander Signal receiver cord
- Monitor (XVM): 22-pin jack that connects to the monitor using the supplied monitor cable
- Power: 4-pin jack for use with the power supply cord
Precautions: Installing a video monitor requires technical expertise. Great care must be taken to avoid cutting or drilling into critical wiring or fluid lines. It is recommended that it be installed by a qualified technician.
Safety Issues: The monitor should be installed where the driver cannot watch or operate the monitor while the vehicle is in motion. It is recommended that all local traffic rules and regulations be checked before beginning the installation.
Custom Installation: The XVM-H65 is designed to be custom installed in the headrest or other desired area of your vehicle. Cutting of headrests, seat, dash or other vehicle panels will be required for proper installation.
Cutout Dimensions (using supplied flush-mount bracket):
- Width: 6.678"
- Height: 4.269"
- Depth: 1.249"
The Sony XVM-H65 replaces these items