About the Sony STR-ZA2000ES
Take control of your home theater
Take control of your home theater
Great sound and pristine video — you'd expect nothing less from a Sony ES-Series receiver like the STR-ZA2000ES. But what you might not expect is the advanced control options this receiver offers. If you're looking to integrate your home theater into a home automation system, then the 'ZA2000ES is definitely worth checking out. It offers lots of cool network control options, whether you're connecting it to your home network yourself or hiring custom installers to build a sophisticated automation system. Either way, your home theater will benefit from this receiver's 4K video upscaling, outstanding multichannel sound, and easy-to-use on-screen guide to walk you through its features and options.
Powerful home automation capability
The 'ZA2000ES offers unique control features — from simple setup options using your PC's web browser, to sophisticated integration with leading automation systems by Control4, Crestron, Savant, and others. The key is this receiver's ability to be controlled over a network connection. This IP control feature is common among home automation products, so you can control your "smart" home with your smartphone or tablet.
4K video and outstanding sound
Even if you took away all the STR-ZA2000ES's advanced control options, you'd still be left with a powerful receiver fit for any serious home theater setup. There are plenty of connections for all your A/V gear, including six 4K-ready HDMI inputs. This receiver is also compatible with the HDCP 2.2 standard, so it's prepared for future 4K broadcast signals. What about sound quality? This receiver's construction is all about minimizing distortion and interference, for the purest sound possible.
Easy-to-use menu and presets
The on-screen guide offers easy navigation through the 'ZA2000ES's many features and settings. You can even set up custom presets, for one-button recall of sources and sound options. For instance, you can create a preset for late-night movie watching that powers on your Blu-ray player, switches the receiver to the proper input, and keeps the volume at a low level so as not to wake up the rest of the household.
Music and movies in two rooms
If you'd like to power speakers in a second room, you can configure the 'ZA2000ES's surround back channels for Zone 2 playback. Then, you can enjoy 5.2-channel surround sound in the home theater, while someone else listens to music on the porch — all powered and controlled by this receiver. If you'd like to feed video signals to a second TV, take advantage of this receiver's dual-zone HDMI switching. That means you can watch the game in the bedroom in HD while the kids watch a Blu-ray movie in the home theater. There are also line-level outputs for adding speakers in a third room with an additional receiver or amp.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 95 watts per channel into 6 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration for easy, accurate speaker setup
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 4K)
- web browser control via PC or tablet for setting up receiver and adjusting settings
- network connection offers IP control for use with custom home automation systems
- 4 custom presets for one-button recall of source and settings
- built-in support for Control4, Crestron, AMX Beacon, Savant, and other home automation systems
- IR, 12-volt trigger, and RS232C connections for use with external controllers
Audio Performance Features:
- surround back channels can be reconfigured for bi-amping compatible front speakers
- high-quality construction and components for optimized sound quality
- In-Ceiling Speaker mode virtually relocates sound from front and center in-ceiling speakers to the front of the room for improved synchronization with your TV
- three-room/three-source output
- line-level stereo audio outputs for 2nd and 3rd rooms
- surround back channels can be reassigned as powered Zone 2 outputs (allows 5.2 home theater in main room)
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching HD content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- Zone 2 composite video output
- HDMI, optical, and coaxial digital sources cannot be output to Zone 3
- HDMI audio/video switching: 6 in, 2 out (including 1 front-panel inputs)
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 2 in, 2 out
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 4 analog stereo audio inputs
- 2 analog stereo audio outputs (variable)
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- preamp outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- outputs for seven speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- Ethernet port for IP control and web browser setup
- front-panel USB port for firmware updates and backing up receiver settings (no audio or video playback capability)
- 4K and 3D pass-through
- HDCP 2.2 copy-protection compatibility for future 4K broadcast and streaming content (HDMI 2 input and main output only)
- HDMI standby pass-through allows access to all HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver
- BRAVIA Sync for one-remote operation with compatible Sony components
- intuitive on-screen user interface (via HDMI only)
- rack-mountable with optional brackets
- 60 AM/FM presets
- remote control
- 16-15/16"W x 6-13/16"H x 17-3/4"D
- weight: 28.7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 11528137
What's in the box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RM-AAU210)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Auto-calibration microphone (ECM-AC2)
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Startup Guide
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Enjoying 4K video content" sheet
- "Caution" note
- US Warranty
- Canada Warranty
- Online Product Registration Information
Sony STR-ZA2000ES reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony STR-ZA2000ES
Features & specs
ES (Elevated Standard) Series: The Sony STR-ZA2000ES AV receiver is part of Sony's ES (Elevated Standard) line-up. The AV receiver's incredible sound quality comes from care and craftsmanship with the ultimate goal of creating powerful sound while eliminating distortion. Carefully selected parts tuned for high-resolution sound with amazing clarity are combined with technology developed specifically for the ES-line. The STR-ZA2000ES is equipped with a powerful transformer for better overall sound, while two large block electrolytic capacitors provide the main power supply. These devices are particularly critical for sound quality and provide an overall improvement to the entire frequency range. The STR-ZA2000ES comes with an industry leading 5-year parts and labor warranty, 90-day advanced exchange program, and dedicated toll-free support line staffed by CEDIA-trained product experts (1-877-619-7669; Monday - Friday 10am - 7pm ET).
Assignable 7-Channel Amplifier: The Sony STR-ZA2000ES AV receiver is equipped with a 7-channel amplifier rated at 95 watts (into 6-ohms, at 20-20khz, with 0.09% THD, driving 2 channels). The AV receiver's Surround Back/Front Height amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup.
- Surround Back: Allows you to enjoy high-fidelity reproduction of Dolby Digital TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD (High-Resolution Audio or Master Audio) with 7.2 channel surround, using the Surround Back speaker channels.
- Front Height: You can enjoy vertical sound effects if you connect two additional Front-Height speakers in Dolby Pro Logic IIz mode. No Surround Back speakers in this configuration.
- B-Speakers: If you are only connecting a 5.2ch speaker system, you can use the Surround Back/Front Height/Front B/Zone 2 channels as a Speaker B output, allowing you to place a pair of speakers in another room of the house. Speaker B can be played at the same time of Speaker A, or by itself.
- Zone 2: If you are only connecting a 5.2ch speaker system, you can use the Surround Back/Front Height/Front/Zone 2 channels as a Zone 2 output, allowing you to place a pair of speakers in another room of the house. Zone can be play the same source or a different source as your main zone.
- Bi-Amp: If you are not using the Surround Back/Front Height/Front B/Zone 2 channels at all, you can connect them to your front speakers using a bi-amplifier connection (provides better sound quality for front speakers). A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier.
Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration (DCAC) w/ A.P.M (Automatic Phase Matching): The Sony STR-ZA2000ES is equipped with Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration Technology which uses the included microphone to automatically check the speaker connections, adjust the speaker output levels, calculate the distance from each speaker to the listening position, check for phase, and distinguish frequency characteristics of each speaker. The microphone has an 15' cord attached that plugs into the microphone input on front of the receiver. You can select between three auto calibration modes.
- Full Flat: Makes the measurement of frequency from each speaker flat.
- Engineer: Sets to "the Sony listening room standard" frequency characteristics.
- Front Reference: Adjusts the characteristics of all of
the speakers to match the characteristics of the front
- Off: No auto calibration is applied.
Note: You can also choose to manually adjust the AV receiver's speaker settings.
Auto Format Direct (A.F.D.) Mode: The Auto Format Direct (A.F.D.) mode allows you to listen to high fidelity sound and select the decoding mode for listening to a 2-channel stereo sound as multi-channel. You can set the A.F.D. mode to Auto or Multi Stereo.
- A.F.D. Auto: Presets the sound as it was recorded/encoded without adding any surround effects.
- Multi Stereo: Outputs 2-channel left/right signals from all speakers.
Dolby Digital/DTS/Dolby Pro Logic: The Sony STR-ZA2000ES AV receiver features Dolby Digital and DTS-HD decoding, as well as offers Dolby Pro Logic audio processing.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby, Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6, DTS Neo:X
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the AV preamplifier via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the preamp must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
HD Digital Cinema Sound (HD D.C.S): HD Digital Cinema Sound (HD-D.C.S.) is Sony's new innovative home theater technology using the latest acoustic and digital signal processing technologies. It is based on precise response measurement data of a mastering studio. With this mode, you are able to enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies at home with not only the high quality of sound, but also the best sound ambience, just as the movie's sound engineer intended in the mastering process.
- For Movies:
- Dynamic: This setting is suitable for an environment which is reverberant but lacks a spacious feel (where sound absorption is not sufficient). It emphasizes the reflection of sound and reproduces the sound of a large, classic movie theater. This emphasizes the spacious feel of a dubbing theater and creates a unique acoustic field.
- Theater: This setting is suitable for a general living room. It reproduces the reverberation of sound just like in a movie theater (dubbing theater). It is most appropriate for watching content recorded on a Blu-ray Disc when you want the atmosphere of a movie theater.
- Studio: This setting is suitable for a living room with the appropriate sound devices. It reproduces the reverberation of sound provided when a theatrical sound source is remixed for a Blu-ray Disc to a volume level suitable for home use. The level of reflection and reverberation of sound is kept to a minimum, while dialogues and surround effects are reproduced vividly.
- For Music:
- Berlin Philharmonic: Reproduces the sound characteristics of the Berlin Philharmonic Hall
- Concertgebouw Amsterdam: Reproduces the sound characteristics produced by the reflectivity of a concert hall in Amsterdam, Netherlands that features a large sound stage.
- Musikverein Vienna: Reproduces the sound characteristics of a concert hall in Vienna, Austria that features a resonant and unique reverberative sound.
- Jazz Club: Reproduces the acoustics of a jazz club.
- Live Concert: Reproduces the acoustics of a 300-seat live house.
- Stadium: Reproduces the feel of a large open-air stadium.
- Sports: Reproduces the feel of sports broadcasting.
- Portable Audio: Reproduces clear enhanced sound from your portable audio device. This mode is ideal for MP3s and other compressed music.
Direct Modes: The Sony AV receiver offers two Direct audio modes for higher fidelity sound.
- Analog Direct: The receiver's Analog Direct mode outputs audio from only the front left and right speakers without any tone or DSP processing; only the volume and front speaker balance adjustments are active.
- Pure Direct: To further enhance sound quality, the receiver's Pure Direct mode not only bypasses the tone and DSP processing, but also turns off the front-panel display to suppress any noise which may affect sound quality.
In-Ceiling Speaker Mode: Sony has developed a new special sound mode for in-ceiling speaker installation. This feature will virtually relocate the front and center in-ceiling speakers down to around the screen. That way, you'll hear the actors' voices coming from the screen instead of the ceiling. This mode also makes music sound more natural in a room with in-ceiling speakers.
Advanced Audio Settings: These advanced audio settings allow you to tailor the sound to your source content, listening conditions, and your personal preferences.
- D.L.L. (Digital Legato Linear): The Digital Legato Linear function is a Sony proprietary technology that allows low quality digital audio signals and analog audio signal to be played back with high quality sound.
- Sound Optimizer: The Sound Optimizer lets you enjoy clear and dynamic sound at low volume levels. It automatically calibrates the sound which cannot be heard well when you turn down the volume level. After Auto Calibration is performed, the sound level is optimized to suit your environment.
- Dynamic Range Compressor: This feature allows you to compress the dynamic range of the sound track. You can select standard or maximum compression, or off (only works with Dolby Digital sources).
- Auto Volume: Auto Volume adjust the volume automatically depending on the input signal or content from the connected equipment. This function is useful, for example, when the sound of a commercial is louder than the TV programs.
- Center Lift Up: By using front high speakers, you can lift up the sounds of the center speaker to an appropriate height on the screen, allowing you to enjoy a more natural representation.
- Equalizer: You can adjust the tonal quality (bass & treble level) of the front speakers from -6dB to +6dB, in 1dB steps.
Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Sony STR-ZA2000ES offers a variety of analog and digital audio inputs/outputs.
- Digital Inputs: The receiver has two optical digital inputs and one coaxial digital inputs (all assignable). You can choose auto decoding or PCM for the digital audio inputs. Auto will decode the signal in its original form (Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM, etc), PCM decodes the signal to 2-channel. All of the digital audio jacks are compatible with 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, and 96 kHz sampling frequencies.
- Speaker Outputs: The receiver is equipped with binding post terminals for all speaker channels. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (dual or single). Use speakers with a 6- to 16-ohm impedance.
- Dual Sub Outputs: For compatibility with dual subwoofer home theater systems, the AVR-X1100W features two non-discrete subwoofer outputs. The same signal is output from each sub output.
HDMI 2.0: The Sony STR-ZA2000ES is equipped with six HDMI v.2.0 inputs (5 rear/1 front) for connecting HDMI-equipped audio/video component; such as your satellite/cable receiver, Blu-ray/DVD player, and game system. In addition, there are two HDMI v.2.0 monitor outputs (HDMI 1 is ARC capable) that feed audio/video signals to up to two TVs. The dual HDMI outputs can simultaneously output the same audio/video signal to two TVs or you can assign the second HDMI output to Zone 2 to display a different HDMI source in another room (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs). The receiver's HDMI v.2.0 jacks are compatible with 4K/60Hz and 1080p video, 3D video signals, Deep Color & x.v.Color technology; as well as LipSync, ARC, and HDMI control.
- 4K/60Hz + HDCP 2.2: 4K/60Hz Pass Through allows the Sony STR-ZA2000ES to receive ultra high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K/60Hz compatible TV or display monitor. One of the six HDMI inputs (HDMI 2) and one of the HDMI outputs (A) also support HDCP 2.2 which ensures compatibility with the latest ultra high resolution video formats from online and broadcast providers, as well as 4K Blu-ray discs.
- 3D-Ready: The Sony STR-ZA2000ES is compatible with 3D-ready Blu-ray disc movies, video games, and other 3D content through its HDMI (v.1.4) connections. 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be needed.
- Deep/x.v.Color Support: The Sony AV receiver also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- A/V Sync: The audio output can be delayed so that the time gap between the audio output and the visual display is minimized. This is especially helpful when you are using a large LCD or plasma TV or a projection TV. When activated, the delay can be adjusted from 0-300 ms or set to Auto.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
4K HDMI Upconversion & Upscaling: The Sony AV receiver's HDMI upconvert/upscale function improves image quality of non-4K sources to ultra-HD. Analog connected device signals (component/composite) are converted to digital, upscaled to 4K, and output via HDMI, making one cable connection from the receiver to your TV possible. HDMI input video signals are also upscaled to 4K. The HDMI Zone 2 output does not support upscaling.
24p True Cinema Mode: The 24p True Cinema Mode allows you to watch movies at their native frame rate 24p format (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player.
Triluminos Color: The ES receiver incorporates Sony's Triluminos Color technology to create a heightened sense of depth and incredibly true, natural shades of colors. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better too, with natural skin tones.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through feature conveniently allows you to access all your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver.
Analog Video Inputs: The Sony STR-ZA2000ES features two component video inputs and a component video monitor output. These jacks feature an 80 MHz bandwidth, making them capable of passing high-definition video signals (up to 1080i). The receiver is also fitted with two analog composite video inputs, one composite video monitor output, and a Zone 2 composite video output. The composite video jacks support 480i video signals only.
Ethernet Port: The Sony STR-ZA2000ES is equipped with a single Ethernet (RJ-45) port for custom integration & web control.
- Broadband Line Connection: A Broadband line connection to the Internet is required.
- Modem: This is the device that is connected to the broadband line to communicate with the Internet. Some of these devices are integrated with the router.
- Router: Use a router compatible with 100 Mbps or greater transmission speed to enjoy content on your home network.
- LAN Cable (CAT5): A LAN cable (CAT5) is required for hardwired connection.
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
Web Control: You can control this A/V receiver from a web control screen on your Windows PC's web browser. The Sony STR-ZA2000ES and your PC must be connected to the same home network. The PING button on the front-panel of the receiver is useful for checking your IP address quickly.
Front-Panel USB Port: The receiver's front-panel USB port is used for service & firmware updates only.
AM/FM Tuner: The STR-ZA2000ES has 30 presets each for AM and FM for a total of 60. In addition to preset and auto tuning, stations can be tuned directly by frequency. Each preset station can be given an 8 character name.
Advanced On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Wizard: You can display the receiver's on-screen menu on your HDMI connected TV screen and select the function you want to use from the on-screen menu using the included IR remote control. You can easily access and manage your input devices and settings with this intuitive 5-panel "activity based" on-screen menu. The STR-ZA2000ES on-screen, set-up wizard will take you through everything you need to create and control your home theater experience.
Note: Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
Multi-Source/Multi-Zone: The Sony STR-ZA2000ES AV receiver allows you to configure a multi-zone audio/video system for your home. The multi-zone configuration feature enables you to set this unit to reproduce separate input sources in the main zone (audio/video), second zone (audio/video), and third zone (audio only).
- Zone 2: Zone 2 consists of Speaker-Level/Line-Level
outputs, a Composite video output, and a HDMI output for playback of a
variety of audio/video content in a second room of your home.
- Line-Level or Speaker Outputs: Tuner, Analog, HDMI, and Optical/Digital input sources are supported in Zone 2 when using the receiver's Line-Level or Speaker output. The line-level or Speaker Outputs of Zone 2 only support 2ch PCM (not multichannel Dolby Digital/DTS). Using the line-level outputs, Zone 2 can be powered by a separate amplifier, keeping 7.2ch playback in your main room). Using the speaker-level outputs of the STR-ZA2000ES allows you to power Zone 2 from the receiver's built-in amplifier, limiting the main room to 5.2ch. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Sony receiver using either configuration or from your add-on integrated amplifier when using the line-output.
- HDMI & Video Switching: In addition to sending audio to Zone 2, the receiver allows you to output video in the second zone through its HDMI and composite video Zone 2 outputs. Via the receiver's composite video Zone 2 output, you can watch a composite video input signal of the receiver in Zone 2 on a second TV. Via the receiver's HDMI Zone 2 output, you can watch either a composite, component, or HDMI video signal input into the receiver in Zone 2 on another TV (the receiver cannot output a different analog signal to HDMI Zone 2 while an analog signal of the main zone is being output from the receiver's HDMI Monitor Output. The HDMI Zone 2 will also output multichannel audio (up to 5.1ch to your second zone's TV or AV receiver from any connected source; including Tuner, Analog, HDMI, and Optical/Digital sources.
- Zone 3 Audio Only: Zone 3 allows playback of an analog audio source in 2-channel stereo in a third room of your home. Zone 3 only features stereo line-level outputs, so a separate power amplifier is needed to power the speakers in this zone. Tuner and Analog input sources are supported in Zone 3 (Video, HDMI, and Optical/Digital sources cannot be output to Zone 3). The volume of Zone 3 can be controlled by the Sony receiver or your add-on integrated amplifier.
Custom Presets: The Sony AV receiver features 4 Custom Preset buttons (Movie, Music, Party, and Night) on the remote control to make operating the receiver easier. Pressing a Preset button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button; such as powering on the receiver, switching to the appropriate source input, and recalling the selected DSP surround mode.
- Custom Preset 1 (Movie): Pressing the Custom Preset 1 button turns on the receiver and lets you access a video source (default BD/DVD) with its saved soundfield (default HD-D.C.S).
- Custom Preset 2 (Music): Pressing the Custom Preset 2 button turns on the receiver and lets you access an audio source (default SACD/CD) with its saved soundfield (default HD-D.C.S).
- Custom Preset 3 (Party): Pressing the Custom Preset 3 button turns the AV receiver's Zone 2 on automatically and simultaneously plays the same music in Zone 2 as the main zone (regardless of source or input); volume level will be the same in both Zone.
- Custom Preset 4 (Night): Pressing the Custom Preset 4 button turns the AV receiver's sleep timer function on for 30 minutes and activates the receiver's Sound Optimizer.
Note: These buttons can also be reconfigured to automatically select other sources and soundfields.
Input Modes & Naming: When you connect components to both digital and analog audio input jacks on the receiver, you can fix the audio input mode to either of them, or switch from one to the other, depending on the type of material you intend to watch. You can enter a name of up to 8 characters for each of the receiver's inputs (except Tuner) and display the name on its display. This is convenient for labeling the jacks with the names of your connected components.
Dimmer + Sleep Timer: You can adjust the brightness of the display in 3 steps; Dim Max, Dim Mid, and Dim Off. The unit may be set to automatically turn off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Auto Standby: Auto Standby lets you set the receiver switch to standby mode automatically after 30 minutes when you do not operate the receiver or when there is no signal input to the receiver.
Remote + Bravia Sync: The supplied remote is pre-coded to control this Sony receiver, Sony TVs, Sony CD players, Sony DVD players and recorders, and Sony Blu-ray disc players and recorders. Sony's Bravia Sync feature allows you to easily manage select BRAVIA televisions and Sony HDMI audio and video components with a single remote. By connecting Sony components that are compatible with the HDMI Control function with a HDMI cable, operation is simplified in the following ways.
- One-Touch-Play: When you playback a component such as a Blu-ray Disc Player, the receiver and the TV are turned on automatically and switch to the appropriate HDMI input.
- System Audio Control: While watching TV, you can select to output the sound from the TV speaker or the speakers connected to the receiver.
- System Power Off: When you turn off the TV, the receiver and connected components are also turned off simultaneously.
Control System Integration: The STR-ZA2000ES is controllable over IP, includes 12V trigger output, RS-232C port, and IR input/outputs for more installation options.
- RS-232C Port: The STR-ZA2000ES includes an RS-232C port for connection to external whole-house control systems, from companies such as AMX and Crestron.
- IP Control: You can control this AV receiver from a web control screen on your Windows PC's web browser. The STR-ZA2000ES and your PC must be connected to the same home network.
- IR Input/Outputs: The Sony AV receiver is equipped with one IR input and two IR outputs enabling you to operate components connected to the receiver behind a closed door.
- 12V Trigger: The STR-ZA2000ES has a minijack output to send a 12-Volt DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger.
2 questions already asked