About the AudioControl ACM-1.300
Play your bass loud and clear
Play your bass loud and clear
It's always a problem finding a good spot for a sub amp in smaller vehicles. AudioControl comes to the rescue with their compact ACM-1.300 mono amp, which delivers up to 300 watts RMS to your subwoofer. This tiny, hand-size amplifier will fit almost anywhere in almost any kind of vehicle, improving the bass and the power of your music. Even better, it features high-level inputs with signal-sensing turn-on, so it'll work with almost any stereo system, even one using a factory radio.
To simplify setup, a "Maximized" LED indicates when you've set the amplifier's gain for optimum performance. AudioControl's tunable AccuBASS™ circuitry restores and enhances the low-frequency punch in your system, which factory radios often attenuate to protect the stock speakers. An optional wired remote will let you control the bass level from the front seat of your car.
ACM-1.300 controls and connections
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 175 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amp technology
- selectable low-pass filter (bypass, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- fixed subsonic filter (24 Hz)
- AccuBASS® processing improves bass performance
- optional ACR-1 wired remote available
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- GTO™ (Great Turn On) signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level input
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 9-1/2"W x 1-13/16"H x 3-9/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACM-1.300
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with 30A ATO fuse installed
- Quick Start Guide
AudioControl ACM-1.300 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioControl ACM-1.300
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
175 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-22k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.01%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||102 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80, 120 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Phoenix plug|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: This AudioControl ACM-1.300 mono amplifier allows you to add a subwoofer to car stereo system, whether it's a factory system or an aftermarket one. The amp will accept speaker-level or line-level inputs. The ACM-1.300 features a black brushed aluminum chassis, with black powder-coated cast alloy heat sinks and bottom panel in one piece. A black brushed aluminum cover is provided to protect the amp controls from tampering. A small Phillips screwdriver (not supplied) is needed to remove the cover.
Power Output: The ACM-1.300 has the following output:
- 175 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2Ω
Subsonic Filter: The AudioControl ACM-1.300 has a full-time 24 Hz subsonic filter. Filtering out super-low frequencies that typically cannot be cleanly reproduced by car speakers saves amplifier power and reduces distortion.
AccuBASS: The patented AccuBASS processing circuit compensates for factory bass rolloff to improve bass performance, especially with most factory installed sound systems. The circuit has two rotary controls: the Threshold lets you dial in the level at which the AccuBASS will begin to work, while the Level control raise or lower the level of AccuBASS compensation.
Controls: The ACM-1.300's controls are located under a removable protective panel. A small Phillips screwdriver (not supplied) is needed for removing the panel during setup. A slot-head screwdriver (not included) is needed to adjust the rotary controls. The amp's controls are as follows:
- GTO Signal Sense: If you are connecting the amplifier to a factory stereo, or an aftermarket unit without preamp outputs and a remote turn-on lead, you can set the GTO Signal Sense to "On" and the amplifier will turn on when an audio signal is detected on the line-level or speaker-level inputs. After a period of time with no signal input, the amp will turn itself off.
- Low Pass Crossover Frequency: A 3-way switch lets you set the cutoff frequency of the Linkwitz-Riley Low Pass Crossover: 80Hz, Bypass, or 120Hz.
- Gain: This rotary gain control adjusts the overall output of the amplifier. An LED next to the dial will glow when the gain has been maximized for optimum performance.
- AccuBASS: The AccuBASS circuit enhances the bass
performance of the amplifier.
- Threshold: The Threshold control selects the level at which the AccuBASS will begin to work.
- Level: This dial adjusts the level of the AccuBASS.
- Optional Wired Remote Control: With the addition of an optional wired remote (161ACR1, sold separately), you can easily adjust the output level.
Connections: The ACM-1.300's connections are aligned along the front of the amplifier for ease of installation. The amp's connections include:
- Fuse: One 30A ATO blade-type fuse is installed in the amplifier.
- Power: Set-screw terminals are provided for connecting +12V Power, Ground, and Remote In. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included). The Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 8-gauge wire, while the Remote In terminal accepts up to 6-gauge. A 30A fuse should be placed in-line on the power wire, no more than 18" from the battery.
- Line Level Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks is provided for connecting the amp to the source unit via an RCA cable.
- Speaker Level Input: One removable Phoenix (or Euroblock) connector is provided for connecting the source unit via speaker-level input. The speaker wires are inserted into the connector and tightened with a screwdriver (5/64" Precision Phillips-head, not supplied).
- Speaker Output: A removable Phoenix connector is provided for connecting speaker wire up to 12 gauge. The amplifier will accept a load impedance of 2Ω or higher. The speaker wires (for 2 speakers) can be inserted into the connector and tightened with a screwdriver (9/64" Precision Phillips-head, not supplied).
- RJ-14 Jack: The RJ-14 jack is used to connect an optional wired remote (161ACR1, sold separately).
2 questions already asked