About the AudioControl ACM-2.300
Play your music loud and clear
Play your music loud and clear
Power makes good speakers sound great, but where to put an amp in your smaller vehicle? AudioControl comes to the rescue with their compact ACM-2.300 amp, which delivers 75 watts RMS per channel to a pair of speakers. This tiny, hand-size amplifier will fit almost anywhere in almost any kind of vehicle, improving the impact and clarity of your music. Even better, it features high-level inputs with signal-sensing turn-on, so it'll work with almost any stereo system, even one using a factory radio.
Versatility and practical features
To simplify setup, a "Maximized" LED indicates when you've set the amplifier's gain for optimum performance. Just want bass? This amp can also operate in one-channel mode to power a subwoofer with up to 300 watts RMS.
ACM-2.300 controls and connections
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 300 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- selectable high-pass filter (bypass, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- GTO™ (Great Turn On) signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level input
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 9-1/2"W x 1-7/8"H x 3-9/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACM-2.300
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier with 30A ATO fuse installed
- Quick Start Guide
AudioControl ACM-2.300 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioControl ACM-2.300
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.01%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||102 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80, 120 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Phoenix plug|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: This AudioControl ACM-2.300 two-channel amplifier allows you to power a pair of speakers in your car stereo system, whether its a factory system or aftermarket system. The amp will accept speaker-level or line-level inputs. The ACM-2.300 features a black brushed aluminum chassis, with black powder-coated cast alloy heat sinks and bottom panel in one piece. A black brushed aluminum cover is provided to protect the amp controls from tampering. A small Phillips screwdriver (not supplied) is needed to remove the cover.
Power Output: The ACM-2.300 has the following output:
- 75 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 2Ω
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4Ω bridged
Subsonic Filter: The AudioControl ACM-2.300 has a full-time 32 Hz subsonic filter. Filtering out super-low frequencies that typically cannot be cleanly reproduced by car speakers saves amplifier power and reduces distortion.
Controls: The ACM-2.300's controls are located under a removable protective panel. A small Phillips screwdriver (not supplied) is needed for removing the panel during setup. A slot-head screwdriver (not included) is needed to adjust the rotary controls. The amp's controls are as follows:
- GTO (Great Turn On) Signal Sense: If you are connecting the amplifier to a factory stereo, or an aftermarket unit without preamp outputs and a remote turn-on lead, you can set the GTO Signal Sense to "On" and the amplifier will turn on when an audio signal is detected on the line-level or speaker-level inputs. After a period of time with no signal input, the amp will turn itself off.
- High Pass Crossover Frequency: A 3-way switch lets you set the cutoff frequency of the Linkwitz-Riley High Pass Crossover: 80Hz, Bypass, or 120Hz.
- Gain: This rotary gain control adjusts the overall output of the amplifier. An LED next to the dial will glow when the gain has been maximized for optimum performance.
Connections: The ACM-2.300's connections are aligned along the front of the amplifier for ease of installation. The amp's connections include:
- Fuse: One 30A ATO blade-type fuse is installed in the amplifier.
- Power: Set-screw terminals are provided for connecting +12V Power, Ground, and Remote In. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included). The Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 8-gauge wire, while the Remote In terminal accepts up to 6-gauge. A 30A fuse should be placed in-line on the power wire, no more than 18" from the battery.
- Line Level Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks is provided for connecting the amp to the source unit via an RCA cable.
- Speaker Level Input: One removable Phoenix (or Euroblock) connector is provided for connecting the source unit via speaker-level input. The speaker wires are inserted into the connector and tightened with a screwdriver (5/64" Precision Phillips-head, not supplied).
- Speaker Output: A removable Phoenix connector is provided for connecting speaker wire up to 12 gauge. The amplifier will accept a load impedance of 2Ω or higher, (or 4Ω if bridging). The speaker wires can be inserted into the connector and tightened with a screwdriver (9/64" Precision Phillips-head, not supplied).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?