About the AudioControl ACR-3
You can use this handy wired remote control to switch between sources, adjust the volume of your auxiliary source, and to adjust the subwoofer outputs of your select AdioControl device.
- remote level/bass control for select AudioControl amps and processors:
- 20' cable and mounting plate included
- 2-9/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 2-1/2"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 841-066-0
What's in the box:
- Remote dash mount control
- 20' RJ-14 cable. Mounting Instructions on packaging
AudioControl ACR-3 reviews
+ Metal construction + Lots of cable to work with when installing in creative locations + Dial doesn't feel cheap and has a ideal amount of tactile feedback when rotating and clicking - Dial is too small. I'm trying to find something larger to replace it with and make it easier to grab when driving. - LEDs on this thing are bright AF. - I wish Audio Control would allow you to set this thing to control input gain rather than output. I've got my outputs at different levels to match the DB output of the different speakers, but if you roll the dial down too far it will make all the speakers the same level when you turn it back up.
0 of 0 found this helpful
I love having the ability to adjust the level of my subwoofer as well as switching preset EQ levels from the front seat. This is a bass knob with a bonus for me. The only knock is that the cable is pinned in reverse of my Alpine bass knob, so I had to run a new cable. It worked with the Alpine cable, but I had to turn the knob in reverse to use it.
Pros: Convenience, multiple adjustments
Cons: Didn't use the same cable as my alpine bass knob
0 of 0 found this helpful
The control unit is great for adjusting the Sub Woofer volume. It can be mounted conveniently anywhere in the dash and its easy to reach. Helps when the subwoofer control in the head unit is in the sub menu which is hard to adjust every time.
Pros: small and compact
1 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the AudioControl ACR-3
Overview: This wired remote (ACR-3) allows you to easily change the input source, adjust the auxiliary input volume, and adjust the output level of channel 4 (often used for a subwoofer) of the AudiControl LC8i. The remote is designed to be dash mounted, within reach of the driver; it can be mounted under the dash with the supplied bracket, or the bracket can be removed and the knob and LED can be custom mounted through the dash. Pressing the knob engages the auxiliary input.
Mounting Options: The dash control may be mounted under the dash using its own bracket or through a custom hold in the dash. It should be within reach of the driver and in a spot where the LED is plainly visible
- Bracket Installation: The dash control mounts with two screws, which attach to the underside of the dashboard. Slide under the dash and place the dash control in its mounting position, mark the two mounting holes, drill pilot holes, and secure with two screws.
- Custom Installation: For that custom, finished look, the dash control can be flush mounted directly on the dash-board (or anywhere else). Disassemble the dash control from the mounting bracket. Start by pushing the LED from its holder followed by removing the circuit board and rotary control from the bracket. Drill a 9/32" hole in the dashboard for the control along with a 1/8" hole for the lock tab and a 13/54" hold for the LED holder. Reassemble the dash control components on the dashboard.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?