About the Audio Control Avalon G4
Powerful and versatile amplifier
Powerful and versatile amplifier
The Avalon G4 4-channel amplifier features plenty of transparent, assertive power plus flexible configurations that all add up to great sound.
AudioControl's Avalon G4 can play a lot of roles in your home entertainment system setup. For example, it could power your 2.1-channel music system or the Dolby Atmos height channels in your home theater. You could also knock your own socks off by driving a power-hungry pair of floor-standing speakers in two-channel bridged mode.
However you choose to set up this installer-friendly, USA-made amplifier, you'll drive your speakers with clean, quiet, high-current power.
Simple, flexible connections
The Avalon features both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs to connect your preamplifier or home theater processor. RCA "through" outputs for each channel let you loop your audio input signal to another pair of inputs on another device — or another section of the Avalon. Two pairs of five-way binding posts deliver 230 watts per channel, depending on how you configure it.
Fine tune your frequencies
Built-in low-pass and high-pass crossovers are independently selectable and continuously adjustable for channels 1-2 and 3-4. For example, with the first two channels powering your left and right speakers, and channels 3-4 bridged and powering a subwoofer, you could dial in the high-pass filter for your stereo pair and use the low-pass for the subwoofer. That way each of your speakers gets just the right dose of energetic and efficient power from the Avalon.
Or you can bypass the filters altogether and run the amplifier full-range by leaving the crossover switches in the "off" position.
Cool-running Class H amplification
The Avalon's Class H design automatically and intelligently adjusts the amplifier's power supply to fit the power demands of the moment. That means the amp runs cool, holding its immense power in reserve until a Korean drum group or an exploding helicopter demands that it unleash its full fury. This design helps keep too much heat from building up wherever you install the amp.
AudioControl has been designing and manufacturing home and car audio in Washington state for over 40 years. They describe themselves as a group of obsessive audio experts and engineers with a reputation for great customer service — which fits perfectly with what we strive for here at Crutchfield.
- 4-channel amplifier
- 230 watts x 4 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.04% THD
- 300 watts x 4 into 4 ohms
- can be bridged for 600 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- Class H design
- cool-running design intelligently supplies power based on audio dynamics
- signal to noise ratio: 102 dB
- adjustable front-panel cosmetic light bar (bright, dim, off)
- rear-panel independent flathead level controls for each channel for adjusting signal gain
- rear-panel mono/stereo button for channels 1-2 and 3-4
- rear-panel three-way high-pass/low-pass switches for channels 1-2 and 3-4
- flathead crossover adjustments
- independent crossover adjustments: 30-300 Hz, continuously variable
- LightDrive protection circuitry defends amp and speakers against clipping, distortion, and damage
- four unbalanced RCA inputs
- RCA "through" outputs for each channel
- four balanced XLR inputs
- four pairs of five-way binding posts for speakers
- 3.5mm 12V trigger input/output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17"W (19" with rack ears, sold separately) x 3-1/2"H x 16-1/2"D (2U rack spaces)
- weight: 38 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 8611580
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio Control Avalon G4
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||4|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||230|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||300|
|Bridged Power per Channel||600 watts|
|Parts Warranty||5 years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||4|
|Input Type||RCA. XLR|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Speaker Connectors||5-way post|