About the AudioControl Josephson C550H
For the pro
For the pro
If you're a professional sound system installer — whether in cars, churches, nightclubs, or theaters — and you demand pin-point accuracy in your audio measurements, AudioControl's Josephson C550H microphone will deliver the precise, flat, and dynamic response you're looking for in a measurement mic. Josephson Engineering, a boutique condenser microphone manufacturer, individually calibrates and matches the sensitivity of every one of their measurement mics at their factory in Santa Cruz, California.
The 1/4" condenser capsule (a capacitive pressure transducer) offers frequency response that's flat from 20 to 20,000 Hz, with a wide dynamic range of 35 to 135 dB SPL. This mic works well with an AudioControl DM-RTA or any other real-time analyzer.
- omnidirectional measurement microphone
- capacitive pressure transducer, prepolarized backplate
- 1/8" polyester diaphragm metallized with a rugged nickel-chromium alloy
- diaphragm thermally conditioned for stability
- frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz (+/-2dB)
- dynamic range: 35 to 135 dB SPL
- requires phantom power (15 to 50 VDC)
- comes with serialized USB stick containing calibration file in FRD format
- mounting clip and vinyl pouch included
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C550H
What's in the box:
- C550H Calibration microphone
- Stand adapter with integrated shock-mount (5/8" thread)
- Zippered vinyl carry-case
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioControl Josephson C550H
Overview: The AudioControl C550H calibration microphone (Josephson Engineering) is precision omnidirectional measurement microphone designed to be used with audio analyzers such as the AudioControl DM-RTA multi-function analyzer. The microphone features a capacitive pressure transducer with a prepolarized backplate capable of handling a maximum SPL of 135dB. Connection to the C550H is done through a male XLR connector at the base of the microphone.
Accessories: The C550H includes a 5/8" stand adapter with integrated shock-mount and a zippered vinyl carry-bag.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/- 2dB)
- Dynamic Range dB SPL: 35 - 135dB
- Connection: 3-Pin male XLR (pin 2 positive)
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Phantom Power: 15 - 50 VDC