About the AudioControl D-5.1300
A full-system amp, plus digital signal processing
A full-system amp, plus digital signal processing
Two keys to unlocking great sound in a car stereo system are extensive control and serious power — and this amp's got them both. For control, AudioControl's D-5.1300 provides an expansive digital tuning workstation with a connection to your laptop. For power, this five-channel amplifier puts out 100 watts RMS to four channels and up to 500 watts RMS to a sub. If you're into mega-power, competition-type systems, you could bridge this amp to 3-channel mode and drive a couple of high-performance components with 400 watts RMS each while powering a sub with 500 watts RMS — that's 1300 watts in total.
Computer-controlled digital signal processing
You won't find any knobs on the D-5.1300 — you make adjustments and save settings via your laptop (PC or Mac). AudioControl's Smart-User DSP software package includes 12 or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley crossovers, 30-band equalizers, parametric filters, time delay/alignment for inputs and outputs, phase correction, AccuBass™ bass correction, and real-time analyzers (RTA) for the inputs and outputs so you can visually confirm the improvements in the sound.
It's made to work with a factory radio
Eight active speaker-level inputs allow you to connect this amp to almost any factory system, even ones that have separate pre-filtered, time-aligned, and amplified signals going to separate factory speakers and tweeters. The D-5.1300 sums them into one smooth, unified signal for you to balance, align, and tune for your high-performance speakers. AudioControl's Great Turn On (GTO™) signal-sensing circuitry turns the amp on automatically whenever it senses an incoming signal, so you won't have to run a separate turn-on lead back to the receiver.
Active controls for active systems
This amp will work well, for example, with a 3-way system that uses tweeters, midrange speakers, and a subwoofer. Highly adjustable crossover networks let you set high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filters so each driver gets only the frequencies it was designed to play. AudioControl's AccuBASS® circuit ensures maximum bass performance, even if you're connected to a factory radio that normally turns down the lower frequencies as you turn the volume up
Onboard LEDs indicate optimized signal flow for inputs and outputs, plus give you a warning when a source is too loud and causing distortion. An optional wired remote can get assigned to each and every channel pair so you can control volume from the front seat.
Important Note: Some factory radios and amplifiers will not work without sensing that its speakers are connected to their outputs. If you don't have output from your factory system after installing this amplifier, you'll need an AudioControl load-sensing adapter (sold separately) to correct the issue.
- 5-channel car amplifier with digital signal processing
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 4 + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 400 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- MILC™ (Maximum Input Level Control) LED optimization and clip indicators
- stereo/mono switch on channel pairs
- Ch 1/2:
- variable high-pass filter (300-3,000 Hz) or low-pass (30-300 Hz), 12 dB/octave
- front high input level control — when using amplified factory tweeter wiring
- Ch 3/4:
- variable high-pass or bandpass filter (HP: 30-300 Hz; Bandpass: 500-5000 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Ch 5:
- variable low-pass filter (30-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- AccuBASS® circuitry for improved bass response
- 30-band graphic EQ, parametric filters, phase correction
- time delay/alignment for inputs and outputs
- RTA (real-time analyzers) for inputs and outputs
- inputs: 6 preamp-level and 8 summable speaker-level
- GTO™ (Great Turn On) signal-sensing turn-on with Ch1/2 speaker-level input
- optional wired remote level controller available
- fuse rating: 30A x 4
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 11-15/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 8-1/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # D-5.1300
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel DSP amplifier
- Four 30A ATO fuses (installed)
- 10' USB cable (type-A on one end / micro-B on other end)
- 2.5mm Allen key
- Quickstart guide
- Product testing certification
AudioControl D-5.1300 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioControl D-5.1300
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 4 |
300 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||200 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 4|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20Hz-22k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||102 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||25Hz-20kHz (DSP)|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 or 24dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||25Hz-20kHz (DSP)|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 or 24dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||Adjustable|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The AudioControl D-5.1300 is a 5-channel amplifier, featuring AudioControl's powerful Matrix DSP sound processing. The amplifier accepts speaker-level or line-level inputs, and can be configured for 3-, 4-, or 5-channel operation. The D-5.1300 features a black brushed aluminum chassis, with black powder-coated cast alloy heat sinks and a one piece bottom panel. A black brushed-aluminum cover is provided to protect the amp controls from tampering. A 2.5mm Allen wrench (supplied) is needed to remove the cover. The D-5.1300 offers 4 x 100W RMS (@4Ω) with a 1 x 300W RMS (@4Ω) mono subwoofer output.
Maximum Input Level Control (MILC): The amplifier analyzes the input signal to detect any clipping. If the signal reaches the level of clipping, the MILC Source Clip LED glows red, prompting you to turn down the gain level. When the gain level is maximized, a green Maximized LED will glow to indicate the gain, for that set of channels, is set to the optimum level. The input Gain for each channel is controlled through the DSP control software from a connected computer.
GTO (Great Turn On) Signal Sense: If you are connecting the amplifier to a factory stereo, or an aftermarket unit without preamp outputs and a remote turn-on lead, the GTO Signal Sense circuitry can turn on the amplifier when an audio signal is detected on either the line-level or speaker-level inputs. After a period of time with no signal input, the amp will turn itself off.
ACR-3 Remote (optional): The optional AudioControl ACR-3 wired remote is a dual-function remote that lets you adjust both the level of the main and line outputs, as well as recalling memory presets, all from the driver's seat. The ACR-3 has two LED indicators and a rotary/push-knob. When the blue LED is on, the remote knob raises and lowers the output level. When the knob is pushed in, the red LED will light, allowing the knob to recall memory presets when turned. You can further configure the operation of the ACR-3 in the Digital Signal Processor software.
AC-BT24 Bluetooth Adapter (optional): The optional AudioControl AC-BT24 Bluetooth Streamer & Programmer lets you stream high-definition Bluetooth audio (aptX), with up to 24-bit/48kHz resolution from Bluetooth devices with aptX codec. Along with audio streaming, the AC-BT24 lets you perform wireless DSP programming of the D-5.3100 using the DM Smart DSP app on your smartphone or tablet, available at the Apple App and Google Play stores. You can also use the AC-BT24 in conjunction with AudioControl's DM-RTA or DM-RTA Pro Kit (both sold separately) for a wide range of testing, analyzing, and fine-tuning features for your sound system. The AC-BT24 connects to the Option Port on the D-5.3100.
Top Panel: The D-5.1300 has a removable top panel that allows you to view numerous LED indicators during setup, and the on/off switch for the GTO (Great Turn-On) Signal Sense function. The LED indicators include:
- Power: The Power LED illuminates in green when the amplifier is powered on and is operating normally. In addition, blue LEDs inside the unit will glow in a particular pattern during power up, reset boot, or if protection is activated.
- Protection: The Protection LED will flash in the event of a short circuit (one time or repeated), Under Voltage, Over Voltage, DC Offset, or Thermal Overload in the heatsink or at the transformer. The amp has built-in diagnostic codes indicated by a particular flashing pattern, telling you exactly where the problem has occurred. A chart of the protection diagnostic codes is provided in the Quick Start Guide.
- Communications LED: This LED lights when there is USB activity between the amp and your computer during set up.
- MILC Source Clip LED: The MILC (Maximum Input Level Control) level-setting circuit prevents clipping and distortion. It calculates when the waveform of an incoming signal on input 1 or 2 is clipping and lights this LED. The level of the incoming signal should be set just prior to MILC LED coming on.
- Maximized Input LEDs: These LEDs illuminate when a maximum audio signal is present on any of the analog audio inputs. Signal levels should be lowered if these LEDs are on a lot. Three LEDs are provided, labeled Front, Rear, and Sub.
- Maximized Output LEDs: These LEDs illuminate when there is maximum signal present on any of the audio outputs. Signal levels should be lowered if these LEDs are on a lot. Four LEDs are provided: Outputs 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, and Line Out.
Connections: The D-5.1300's connections are aligned along the front of the amplifier for ease of installation. The amp's connections include:
- Fuses: Four 30A ATO blade-type fuses are installed in the amplifier.
- Power: Set-screw terminals are provided for connecting +12V Power, Ground, and Remote In. The Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 1/0-gauge wire, however, the recommended wire size is between 4 AWG (up to 19' wire run) and 1/0 AWG. The Remote In terminal accepts up to 8-gauge. A 120A fuse (sold separately) should be placed on the power wire, no more than 18" from the battery.
- Line Level Inputs: Three pairs of RCA jacks are provided for connecting the amp to the source unit via RCA cables.
- Line Level Output: One pair of RCA jacks for feeding the signal to another amplifier. The maximum output is 8.5V RMS.
- Speaker Level Inputs: Four sets of removable Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors are provided for connecting the source unit via speaker-level input. The connectors are labeled 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, and Front High (for tweeters).
- ACR-3 Control: This RJ-14 telephone-type connection allows you to plug in the optional ACR-3 Remote. The ACR-3 is used to change the output level and for recalling memory presets.
- USB: A micro-B USB is used for connection to a computer for DSP configuration. A 10' USB cable is provided.
- Speaker Output: Three removable Euroblock connectors are provided for connecting speaker wire. The amplifier will accept a load impedance of 2Ω or higher in stereo (4Ω or higher when bridged).
- Option Port: A multi-pin input is provided for connecting the optional AudioControl Bluetooth adapter for streaming audio from your Bluetooth-enabled devices.
DM Smart DSP: The D-5.1300 includes a micro-B USB port to connect to a laptop (USB Type-A to micro-B cable included), allowing you to use the AudioControl's DM Smart DSP app. This is a fully-featured Matrix DSP interface designed to give you control over every aspect of the processor. The display has three main sections: Input View, Output View, and Dashboard View, which is a combination of the Input and Output Views. The DSP has four memory slots to save the settings for future use.
Input View: The DM Smart DSP lets you route any input to any output. The inputs are grouped in pairs: Channels 1-2, Channels 3-4, Channels 5-6, and Channels 7-8. The inputs are named Front, Rear, Sub, and Front High, however, you can name each channel pair as you wish. In the input view, you can adjust the gain (-20dB to +12.0dB in 0.1dB increments), polarity (0 or 180 degrees), and the time delay (up to 21.3 ms in 0.1 ms increments). You can also sum together the channels to mono.
Output View: The Output View allows you to set the signal routing and channel summing, output levels, crossovers, EQ, and AccuBASS settings. You can select any of the channel pairs one at a time: Channels 1-2, 3-4, 5, and the Line Output. You can also select the functions of the optional ACR-3 remote to be used as a level control for all output channels, any of the output channel pairs, or the line output. Digital Time Alignment can be applied independently for the left and right sides of the selected output pair. You can key in the distance (up to 288") for each speaker to the listening position, or use the provided slider to select the distance.
Real Time Analyzer (RTA): The software provides a Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for both inputs and outputs so you can see graphically the level and frequency distribution of the signals. The sensitivity of the RTA can be set between 50dB and 90dB (in 10dB increments), and the speed of the display set to Fast, Medium, or Slow.
30-band Equalizer: The DM Smart DSP offers a 30-band EQ on the Output View, allowing you to tweak the output of any of the channel pairs, plus the Line Out. Each EQ band is adjustable from -12dB to +12dB. If you want a simpler EQ, you can switch to a 10-band or 14-band EQ. The 30 bands cover between 25Hz to 20kHz in 1/3-octave increments. The 10-band and 14-band EQs have 1 octave bands from 31.5Hz to 16kHz, however, the 14-band EQ adds extra center frequencies at 40Hz, 50Hz, 80Hz, and 100Hz.
Crossovers: The DSP offers low-pass, high-pass, and band-pass Linkwitz-Riley crossovers for any or all outputs. You can select the cutoff frequencies from 25Hz to 20kHz by keying in the frequency value or using the slider. You can also set the crossover slope at 12dB or 24dB per octave.
AccuBASS: The AccuBASS control can be applied to or bypass any of the output channels. There are two slide controls: Threshold (at which frequency to start boosting the bass) and Level (how much bass to apply).
Power Output: The D-5.1300 has the following power specs:
- 4 x 100 W RMS @ 4 Ohms
- 4 x 200 W RMS @ 2 Ohms
- 2 x 200 W RMS @ 4 Ohms bridged
- 1 x 300 W RMS @ 4 Ohms
- 1 x 500 W RMS @ 2 Ohms
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 22kHz
S/N Ratio: 102dBa (ref. 200 watts @ 2 ohms)
THD+N: < 0.1%
- Line Level: 500mV to 6V RMS
- Speaker Level: 3V to 40V
Dimensions: Width = 11.92", Height = 2.10", Depth = 8.02"
Weight: 7.2 lbs.
2 questions already asked