About the AudioControl EQS
Fine tune the sound for your speakers and subs
Fine tune the sound for your speakers and subs
AudioControl's EQS graphic equalizer will help make your music sound fantastic in your car. This versatile 6-channel equalizer features 13 bands of adjustment for sonic fine tuning, along with level controls that allow you to match any receiver to any amplifier. Speaker-level inputs let you connect your EQS to just about any car stereo, even to factory amps that put out up to 100 watts.
Most car audio problems occur in the bass frequencies, so this processor's subwoofer channel gives you six bands of equalization between 31.5 and 100 Hz, along with a rolloff filter that keeps ultra-low frequencies away. The front and rear channels feature seven bands of equalization at varying intervals from 250 Hz up to 10,000 Hz. If you're not using the sub channel, the low-frequency EQ section switches to the rear channel automatically.
Level matching for max performance
The EQS connects between your receiver and amplifiers (or crossovers) using its inputs and outputs for your system's front, rear, and subwoofer channels. Once connected, the EQS makes it simple — turn up the input gain knobs, adjust the output knobs until the lights indicate the desired output, and you're all set. You can adjust the output level up to 9.5 volts, so you can be sure your amps will get plenty of signal.
- dual 13-band equalizers with level matching controls
- gray steel chassis with gold-plated RCA jacks
- line driver increases signal up to 18 dB (up to 9.5 volts RMS)
- 6-channel preamp inputs and outputs (front, rear, and subwoofer)
- speaker-level inputs for easy connection to factory radio
- top-mounted controls for easy adjustment
- balanced inputs eliminate noise (switchable to unbalanced)
- 33 Hz subsonic filter eliminates extreme low bass (rolloff point can be adjusted with optional module)
- EQ points: 31.5, 45, 63, 90, 125, 180, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000 Hz
- frequency response: 10 to 100,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB at full output
- fuse rating: 2 amps
- size: 8-13/16"H x 9-5/16"W x 1-5/16"D
- weight: 3-1/4 pounds
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 8410363
What's in the box:
- Pre-amp 6-Channel Equalizer (gray)
- Owner's manual
- QC checklist
- Product registration card
AudioControl EQS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioControl EQS
Description: The EQS is a 6-channel equalizer/line driver. There are are dedicated 7-band graphic equalizers for the front and rear outputs, and a 6-band graphic equalizer for the subwoofer output.
Dual Bandwidth Equalization: A total of 13 bands are available over two bandwidths:
- Front/Rear EQ: Two 7-band equalizers feed the front and rear outputs; the center frequencies of both are 120 Hz, 160 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, and 10 kHz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
- Subwoofer EQ: A 6-band 1/3 octave equalizer feeds the subwoofer outputs; the center frequencies are 31.5 Hz, 40 Hz, 50 Hz, 63 Hz, 80 kHz, and 100 kHz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
Line Driver: To achieve the best possible signal to noise ratio and dynamic range from your amplifier, the built-in line driver can increase the head unit's output voltage up to 18 dB (9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak).
Input Gain: The input gains for the front, rear, and sub channels are set independently. The range is adjustable +/-12 dB to match the source output to the EQ input.
Output Level: The +20 dB maximum output level allows you to increase the head unit's line voltage to the top of your amp's input range; up to 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak.
Balanced Inputs: Using the balanced differential input circuit cancels noise picked up in the transmission line between the EQS the the source unit.
Ground Isolation: The power supply ground is switchable, in case of ground loop noise. The factory position is fully isolated (typically the best choice), but can be changed to Ground or 200Ω.
Auto Select Inputs: The EQS automatically switches the inputs to maximize the equalization controls, whether you use two, four, or six preamp inputs.
Speaker Level Inputs: The 4-channel speaker level inputs are compatible with most factory installed radios, even most Bose systems.
Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote terminal and the speaker level input terminals are removable; the wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the EQS. The terminal block will accommodate wire up to 12 gauge.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter crossover point is 33 Hz. The crossover point is governed by a replaceable chip, so it can be modified.
- Maximum Line Input: 15 volts RMS
- Maximum Speaker Level Input: 100 watts/channel
- Maximum Output: 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak
- Frequency response: 10 Hz-100 kHz; ±1 dB
- THD: 0.003%
- S/N Ratio: 110dB
- Balanced Input Noise Rejection: 60 dB
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
2 questions already asked