About the AudioControl LC-1.1500
Massive bass power
Massive bass power
Two keys to unlocking great sound in a car stereo system are serious power and extensive control — and this amp's got them both. For power, AudioControl's LC-1.1500 mono subwoofer amp puts out up to 1,500 watts RMS, so it'll make your subwoofers very happy. The adjustable low-pass and fixed subsonic filters make sure your sub gets only the frequencies it was designed to play, while AudioControl's unique AccuBASS® circuit ensures that your bass sounds great.
Most factory radios turn down the lower frequencies as you turn the volume up in order to minimize stress on inexpensive factory speakers. AccuBASS eliminates this bass rolloff, so you get maximum bass performance when you add aftermarket amps to a factory radio. Onboard LEDs indicate optimized signal flow for inputs and outputs, plus give you a warning when a source is too loud and causing distortion. An optional wired remote lets you control bass volume from the front seat.
Works in almost any system
AudioControl designed the LC-1.1500 to work equally well with aftermarket and factory stereos. Speaker-level inputs allow you to connect to almost any factory radio. Signal sensing circuitry turns the amp on via the speaker-level inputs, so you won't need to run a remote turn-on wire throughout your vehicle.
AudioControl LC-1.1500 connection panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 850 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1,500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amp technology
- AccuBASS® circuitry for improved bass response
- MILC™ (Maximum Input Level Control) LED optimization and clip indicators
- variable low-pass filter (30-230 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- fixed subsonic filter: 24 Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- GTO™ (Great Turn On) signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level input
- optional wired remote level controller available
- fuse rating: 40A x 4
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 1/0-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 11-15/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 8-1/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LC-1.1500
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 40A ATO fuses (installed)
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Quick Start Guide
AudioControl LC-1.1500 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioControl LC-1.1500
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
850 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1500 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||0 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||102 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-230 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||Not given|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Euroblock|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The AudioControl LC-1.1500 mono subwoofer amplifier is designed to enhance the sound of your car stereo system, whether it's a factory or an aftermarket one. Outputting 850 watts @ 4 ohms and 1500 watts @ 2 ohms, the LC-1.1500 can accept both line and speaker level inputs. Key features include AudioControl's AccuBass compensation circuit, GTO signal sensing turn-on, and a connection port for the optional ACR-1 remote level control (sold separately). The amplifier features a black brushed aluminum chassis, with black powder-coated cast alloy heat sinks and a one piece bottom panel. A black brushed aluminum cover is provided to protect the amp controls from tampering. The included 2.5mm Allen key is used to remove the cover.
AccuBASS: The patented AccuBASS processing circuit compensates for factory bass rolloff to improve bass performance, especially with most factory installed sound systems. The circuit has two rotary controls: Threshold lets you dial in the level at which the AccuBASS will begin to work, while the Level control raises or lowers the level of AccuBASS compensation. A slide switch allows the AccuBass feature to quickly be Enabled or Disabled.
ACR-1 Remote: The optional AudioControl ACR-1 wired remote ((sold separately) lets you adjust the subwoofer output level from the driver's seat. The remote level control comes with a 20' cable, terminating in an RJ-14 jack that plugs into the amp, and is designed to be mounted under a dash for easy access while driving.
Maximum Input Level Control (MILC): The amplifier analyzes the input signal to detect any clipping. If the signal reaches the level of clipping, the MILC Source Clip LED glows red, prompting you to turn down the gain level. When the gain level is maximized, a green Maximized LED will glow to indicate the gain, for that set of channels, is set to the optimum level.
GTO (Great Turn On) Signal Sense: If you are connecting the amplifier to a factory stereo or an aftermarket unit without a remote turn-on lead, the GTO Signal Sense circuitry can turn on the amplifier when an audio signal is detected on either the line-level or speaker-level inputs. After a period of time with no signal input, the amp will turn itself off. An On/Off slide switch is provided on the amp activate the GTO Signal Sense feature.
Connections: The LC-1.1500 features the following connections:
- Power / Ground / Turn-on: The amp features set screw terminals for the +12V, ground, and turn-on leads. The power and ground terminals will accommodate up to 1/0 AWG wire. The terminals can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included). The manufacturer recommends 0- to 2-gauge wire. A 160A fuse should be placed on the power wire within 18" of the positive battery terminal. The set screw turn-on lead terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire and requires a Phillips-head screwdriver. Typically, an 18-gauge wire is sufficient for the remote turn-on lead.
- Line Inputs: A pair of RCA jacks is provided for connecting the amp to the source unit.
- Speaker Level Input: A 4-pin Euroblock (or Phoenix) connector is provided for the speaker-level input. The connector can be removed for easier wiring. The screw terminals on the connector require a small Phillips-head screwdriver. The left and right audio signals are summed internally to produce a mono subwoofer signal.
- Speaker Outputs: Four set-screw terminals are provided to connect the amp to the subwoofer, or multiple subwoofers. The combined speaker impedance should not dip below 2 ohms. The terminals are wired internally in parallel.
- Level Control: The optional ACR-1 remote control plugs into the provided RJ14 terminal.
Controls: The LC-1.1500's controls are located under a protective panel that can easily be removed with the included 2.5mm Allen key. A flat-head screwdriver (not included) is needed to adjust the rotary controls which include the AccuBass and GTO settings, a Low-Pass crossover with a range from 30 Hz to 230 Hz, a Polarity switch with 0 or 180, and LED indicators for Power and Protection.
- Power Output:
- @ 4 Ohms: 850 Watts
- @ 2 Ohms: 1500 Watts
- Input Voltage (RCA): 500 mV to 6 V RMS
- Speaker-Level Input Voltage: 3 V to 40 V RMS
- THD: < 0.01%
- S/N Ratio: 102 dBa, Ref 750 Watts @ 4 Ohms
- Damping Factor: 670 @ 10 Volts, 4 Ohms Output, 100 Hz
- Bass Processing: AccuBass
- Crossover: 24 dB/Octave Linkwitz-Riley, Adjustable from 30 - 230 Hz
- PFM Subsonic Filter: 24 Hz
- Power/Ground Wire Size: 0 to 2 AWG
- Fuse Rating: 4 x 40 Amps
- Weight: 7.2 lbs.
- Dimensions: Width - 11.896", Height - 2.1", Depth - 8.044"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked