About the AudioControl LC1i
Provide input signal for your amp
Provide input signal for your amp
Aftermarket amplifiers and DSP sound processors need clean and strong input signals, whether they come from a receiver's RCA outputs or a factory amp's speaker outputs. AudioControl's LC1i line output converter can produce up to 9.5 volts of preamp-level output in either case, acting as a line driver using its RCA inputs or as a line output converter using the speaker-level inputs.
Works with factory amps
Those speaker-level inputs can handle up to 40 volts, the equivalent of 400 watts, so you can use one in a premium system with a factory amplifier, enabling you to retain all your vehicle's factory audio options and warnings. The LC1i's level control with a Maximized LED indicator help you to keep the signal strong, as well as under control and distortion-free.
- active 2-channel line driver/output converter
- designed to work with aftermarket and factory systems
- provides up to 9.5 Vrms output
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker-level inputs handle up to 40V (400 watts RMS)
- auto turn-on via DC offset or audio detect
- level control and Maximized LED indicator
- load selection switch for OEM integration (20, 60, or 20,000 ohms)
- 12-volt turn-on lead output
- speaker-level inputs feature switchable load resistance to prevent factory stereo shut-down
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with device
- 18-gauge power and ground leads and a 1-amp fuse recommended
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LC1I
What's in the box:
- Two-channel line-output converter
- Two 4-pin captive-screw connectors (installed)
- Instructions/Specs/Warranty on packaging
AudioControl LC1i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioControl LC1i
Overview: The AudioControl LC1i is an active, high-voltage OEM line converter. This compact, two-channel processor with active input circuitry, accepts speaker-level signals of up to 400-watts per channel from factory-installed source units or amplifiers. It then converts the speaker-level signals to high-quality pre-amp signals that can be directed to after market processors and/or amplifiers. The LC1i also features an integrated line driver, for ensuring a strong pre-amp signal to your amplifier(s). A 3-way input load selector is provided for clean signal integration into even the most finicky factory sound systems.
Compact Chassis Design: The AudioControl LC1i active, high-voltage OEM line converter features a compact chassis for an unobtrusive installation.
Active Circuitry: The active circuitry used in the LC1i provides dramatically better sound quality and does not compromise the bass response.
Two Channel Speaker-Level Input: The AudioControl LC1i features a two-channel speaker-level input that accepts signals up to 400-watts (40Vrms) per channel. The two-channel line-output converter features removable captive-screw terminals (Euroblock/Phoenix) for quick connection.
9.5V Preamp Outputs: The AudioControl LC1i is equipped with 9.5-volt RMS (13-volt peak) preamp outputs w/ Level control.
Line Driver: The AudioControl LC1i features a set of RCA pre-amp inputs that can provide additional signal boost if needed. This is especially helpful when connecting to an older headunit with a lower pre-amp output voltage.
Level Control & Maximized Indicator: The pre-amp output level can easily adjusted to its optimum level using the Level dial and Maximized LED indicator. As the Level control is turned up during playback, the Maximized LED will light to indicate the signal is close to clipping and will need to be backed down from that point. This allows you to get the loudest clean signal out to your amp without distortion.
Load Select: This slide-switch lets you select one of three input loads to best match the factory system, preventing the it from muting the output with no load detected.
- 20Ω: Best suited for late model Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM/Fiat vehicles with a non-amplified OEM sound system.
- 60Ω: Best suited for late model Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM/Fiat vehicles with an amplified, or "Premium", sound system.
- 20kΩ: Used for most other vehicle applications.
Trigger Mode: The AudioControl LC1i features 3 methods of activation, via a 3-way switch:
- GTO (Great Turn On) Signal Sense: This turn-on method can sense a DC offset when the factory radio is powered on.
- Audio: Activates when a sound source is played, regardless of factory radio already being powered on.
- Remote In: Uses the "traditional" method of activation, with a +12V input on the Remote In terminal.
Ground Isolation Switch: Three signal-ground options are provided for eliminating grounding noise problems:
- GND: Power ground and audio ground are tied together.
- ISO: Power ground and audio ground are separated.
- 200Ω: Provides 200 ohms of resistance between power ground and audio ground.
Mounting: The LC1i features integrated mounting flanges to mount the unit under a seat, in the trunk, or under the dash. No mounting hardware is supplied.
Power Connections: The AudioControl LC1i requires a hardwired power and ground connection to your vehicle's 12-volt electrical system. The line-output converter features removable captive-screw terminals for both the Power/Ground/Remote terminals and for the Speaker Inputs.
Remote Output: A Remote Out terminal on the power connector can provide a +12V output to activate your amplifier(s), regardless of the Trigger Mode setting.
- Maximum Input Handling: 40V/400W (20kΩ setting)
- Maximum Output Level: 9.5Vrms
- Output Gain: ± 18dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 50kHz
- THD: 0.01%
- Signal to Noise: >110dB
- Input Impedance:
- Speaker-Level: Selectable - 20Ω, 60Ω, and 20kΩ
- Line-Level: 7kΩ
- Output Impedance: 150Ω
- Power Draw: 120mA
- Recommended Fuse Rating: 1A (not included)
3 questions already asked