About the AudioControl LC2i PRO
High-level input line output converter
High-level input line output converter
More and more aftermarket amplifier installations depend on using the factory amp's powered outputs for its inputs. AudioControl's LC2i PRO line output converter takes amplified speaker-level signals and converts them into high-quality preamp signals that can then be fed to another processor, a full-range amplifier, or your subwoofer amp.
Some factory radios dial down the bass as you turn up the volume to protect the flimsy factory speakers. The problem is, they don't give it back when you upgrade to a nice set of aftermarket speakers. AudioControl packs the LC2i PRO with their AccuBASS™ circuitry that reverses the factory low-frequency roll-off, giving you the bass you need to enjoy your music to the fullest.
The included dash-mount wired remote control allows you to adjust the level of your sub channel on the go. Load selection switches make OEM integration easier, so the LC2i PRO will work with almost any factory sound system. Selectable turn-on modes include GTO™ Signal Sense (DC offset), audio sense, or remote 12 volt inputs.
- 2-channel active line output converter
- ACR-1 wired remote bass level control included
- 2 speaker-level inputs with 40-volt (400 watts RMS) power handling
- Main and Bass preamp-level outputs (up to 9.5 volts)
- Main and Bass output controls for level matching
- adjustable AccuBASS corrects for factory bass roll-off
- selectable turn-on options: GTO signal Sense (DC offset), audio sense, or remote 12 volt input
- 12-volt turn-on lead output
- recommended fuse rating: 1 amp
- dimensions: 6-15/16"W x 1"H x 3"D
- weight: 0.75 pound
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LC2I PRO
What's in the box:
- Two-Channel line output converter
- Two 4-pin captive-screw connectors (installed)
- ACR-1 Level control
- 16.5' Level-control cable (RJ-14)
- Quickstart guide (on cardboard label)
AudioControl LC2i PRO reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioControl LC2i PRO
Overview: The AudioControl LC2i PRO is an active, high-voltage OEM line converter. This compact, two-channel processor with active input circuitry, accepts speaker-level signals of up to 400-watts per channel from factory-installed source units or amplifiers. It then converts the speaker-level signals to high-quality pre-amp signals that can be directed to after market processors and/or amplifiers. The LC2i PRO features a 3-way input load selector, for improved factory system integration, and an ACR-1 Remote Level Control for adjusting the Bass output signal from the driver's seat.
Compact Chassis Design: The AudioControl LC2i PRO active, high-voltage OEM line converter features a compact chassis for an unobtrusive installation.
Active Circuitry: The active circuitry used in the LC2i PRO provides dramatically better sound quality and does not compromise the bass response.
Two Channel Speaker-Level Input: The AudioControl LC2i PRO features a two channel active/speaker-level input that accepts up to 400-watt per channel signals. The two-channel line-output converter features removable captive-screw terminals (Euroblock/Phoenix) for quick connection.
9.5V Preamp Outputs: The AudioControl LC2i PRO is equipped with 9.5-volt RMS (13-volt peak) preamp outputs w/ level matching controls. It features a pair of Main preamp outputs (for full-range amplifiers) and a pair of Bass preamp outputs (for subwoofer amplifiers).
AccuBass: The AudioControl LC2i PRO features AccuBass processing for correction of bass roll-off. AccuBass processing automatically corrects for the bass roll-off that is common with many factory installed audio systems. AccuBass Bass Compensation works at any volume level.
Threshold and Level Controls: Simple Threshold and Level controls allow users to optimize the bass response to match their speaker system.
Load Select: This slide-switch lets you select one of three input loads to best match the factory system, preventing the it from muting the output with no load detected.
- 20Ω: Best suited for late model Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM/Fiat vehicles with a non-amplified OEM sound system.
- 60Ω: Best suited for late model Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM/Fiat vehicles with an amplified, or "Premium", sound system.
- 20kΩ: Used for most other vehicle applications.
Trigger Mode: The AudioControl LC2i PRO features 3 methods of activation, via a 3-way switch:
- GTO (Great Turn On) Signal Sense: This turn-on method can sense a DC offset when the factory radio is powered on.
- Audio: Activates when a sound source is played, regardless of factory radio already being powered on.
- Remote In: Uses the "traditional" method of activation, with a +12V input on the Remote In terminal.
Ground Isolation Switch: Three signal-ground options are provided for eliminating grounding noise problems:
- GND: Power ground and audio ground are tied together.
- ISO: Power ground and audio ground are separated.
- 200Ω: Provides 200 ohms of resistance between power ground and audio ground.
Remote Level Control: The AudioControl LC2i PRO includes an ACR-1 wired remote level control for adjusting the Bass Output from the front seat. A 16.5' cable, terminated in RJ-14 connectors, is provided for connection.
Note: The ACR-1 won't increase the Bass Output level past where the top-panel Bass Output Level dial is set to, preventing overloading of the output signal.
Mounting: The LC2i PRO features integrated mounting flanges to mount the unit under a seat, in the trunk, or under the dash. No mounting hardware is supplied.
Power Connections: The AudioControl LC2i PRO requires a hardwired power and ground connection to your vehicle's 12-volt electrical system. The line-output converter features removable captive-screw terminals for quick connection.
- Maximum Input Handling: 40V/400W (20kΩ setting)
- Maximum Output Level: 9.5Vrms
- Output Gain: ± 12dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 50kHz
- THD: 0.01%
- Signal to Noise: >110dB
- ACR-1 Attenuation Range: 0dB to -19dB
- Input Impedance: Selectable - 20Ω, 60Ω, and 20kΩ
- Output Impedance: 150Ω
- Power Draw: 200mA
- Recommended Fuse Rating: 1A (not included)
4 questions already asked