About the AudioControl Pantages G4
Configurable, powerful amp
Configurable, powerful amp
The Pantages G4 combines prodigious power with two pairs of bridgeable channels.
AudioControl's Pantages G4 gives you all you need to feed prodigious power — 230 watts — to each of five channels in your home theater. With two pairs of bridgeable channels and individual gain control for each channel, this USA-made, installer-friendly amp gives you options for a range of practical and great-sounding setups.
Simple, flexible connections
The Pantages G4 features both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs to connect your preamplifier or home theater processor. RCA "through" outputs for each channel let you loop your audio input signal to another set of inputs on another device — or another section of the Pantages.
You get impressive versatility from its two bridgeable channel pairs — 1-2 and 4-5. What if you're running super-power-hungry speakers for your left and right channels? Configure the Pantages G4 with both those pairs bridged and you'll have a magnificent 600 watts per channel, with an amp a channel to spare for your center speaker. Or you could use channels 1-3 as your left, right, and center channels, and power a passive subwoofer by bridging the other two. Add another AudioControl G4 amplifier to power additional speakers in an authoritative-sounding Atmos setup.
Cool-running Class H amplification
The Pantages' Class H design automatically and intelligently adjusts the amplifier's power supply to fit the power demands of the moment. That means the amp runs cool, holding its immense power in reserve until a Korean drum group or an exploding helicopter demands that it unleash its full fury. This design helps keep too much heat from building up wherever you install the amp.
AudioControl has been designing and manufacturing home and car audio in Washington state for over 40 years. They describe themselves as a group of obsessive audio experts and engineers with a reputation for great customer service — which fits perfectly with what we strive for here at Crutchfield.
- five-channel amplifier
- 230 watts x 5 into 8 ohms (10-20,000 Hz) at 0.04% THD
- 300 watts x 5 into 4 ohms
- four channels can be bridged for 600 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- Class H design
- cool-running design intelligently supplies power based on audio dynamics
- signal to noise ratio: 102 dB
- adjustable front-panel cosmetic light bar (bright, dim, off)
- rear panel mono/stereo button for channels 1-2 and 4-5
- rear-panel independent level controls for each channel for adjusting signal gain
- LightDrive protection circuitry defends amp and speakers against clipping, distortion, and damage
- five unbalanced RCA inputs
- RCA "through" outputs for each channel
- five balanced XLR inputs
- five pairs of five-way binding posts for speakers
- 3.5mm 12V trigger input/output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/8"W x 5-5/8"H x 17-9/16"D (3U rack spaces)
- weight: 43 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 8611670
What's in the box:
AudioControl Pantages G4 owner's manual
- 5-channel power amplifier
- 68" AC power cord
- Installation Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the AudioControl Pantages G4
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||5|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||230|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||300|
|Bridged Power per Channel||600 watts|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||5|
|Input Type||RCA. XLR|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding Post|
Class H Amplifier Topology: The AudioControl Pantages G4 is built on a unique Class H topology, which provides authoritative power and pristine sonics without generating the excess heat inherent to other designs. The Pantages G4 delivers exceptional detail and clarity thanks to this innovative and highly efficient Class H design that effortlessly achieves a minimum of 230 watts per channels with all channels driven. The Class H design topology provides superb audio quality and bullet-proof reliability, while also reducing heat dissipation by automatically and intelligently adjusting the power supply to fit the continuous and dynamic power demands of your movie & music soundtracks.
- High Current BiMOS Outputs: Home theater audio systems can place incredible demands on a power amplifier. That is why the AudioControl Pantages G4 incorporates high current BiMOS outputs. The high current drive capabilities of AudioControl's BiMOS outputs cleanly delivers 230 watts x 5 channels into 8 ohms and 300 watts x 5 channels into 4 ohms. It can also be configured for 600 watts at 8 ohms bridged on select channels.
- LightDrive Anti-Clipping Protection Circuit: The Pantages G4 power amplifier features AudioControl's LightDrive anti-clipping protection circuit, which protects loudspeakers from clipping and distorting even in extreme conditions such as a highly dynamic action movie soundtrack. Each channel is independently protected, so a problem in one channel will not affect the rest of the system.
Multiple Configurations: The Pantages G4 can be configured as a 5.0 channel amplifier, 3.0 channel amplifier or a 3.1 channel amplifier.
- 5.0 Channel: In a 5.0 channel configuration, you can connect 5 loudspeakers (for example Front Left/Right, Center, and Rear Left/Right) with 230 watts going to each speaker in an 8 ohm load or 300 watts going to each speaker in a 4 ohm load.
- 3.0 Channel: In a 3.0 channel configuration, channels 1-2 and channels 4-5 can be bridged to power a pair of high power 8 ohm front speakers with 600 watts going to each speaker. Channel 3 cannot be bridged and can power your center-channel speaker with 230 watts in an 8 ohm load or 300 watts in a 4 ohm load
- 3.1 Channel: In a 3.1 channel configuration, channels 1 and 2 power a pair of front speakers with 230 watts per channel in an 8 ohm load or 300 watts per channel in a 4 ohm load. Channel 3 will power your center-channel speaker with 230 watts in an 8 ohm load or 300 watts in a 4 ohm load. Channels 4 and 5 are bridged to power an 8-ohm passive subwoofer with 600 watts.
Balanced & Unbalanced Analog Inputs: The AudioControl Pantages G4 is outfitted with both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog inputs to connect to your surround processor or AV preamplifier. The amplifier is equipped with 5 balanced XLR inputs and 5 unbalanced RCA inputs (1-5). Balanced XLR connections and cables provide better noise rejection, especially when running long lengths of cable over 20'.
- Gain Level: You can adjust the Gain Level of each input channel (1-5) individually. Use the Gain Level to calibrate the optimal signal level to drive the Pantages G4 amplifier to full output.
- Stereo/Mono: You can use channel pairs 1 and 2, as well as 4 and 5 in Stereo mode. These respective channels can also be combined for Mono operation. Channel 3 is designed for center-channel use.
Loop-Through Outputs: The Pantages G4 features a unbalanced RCA "loop-through" output for each channel (1-5) for "looping" the audio input signal of a particular input to another amplifier or another input section of the same Pantages G4 amplifier.
Gold-Plated Binding Post Outputs: The Pantages G4 power amplifier is equipped with heavy-duty, gold-plated 5-way binding post speaker output terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). The binding post are gold-plated for excellent audio signal transfer and resistance to corrosion. You can connect 4 or 8 ohm loudspeakers in Normal operation. In Bridge mode, the amplifier only supports 8 ohm loudspeakers.
12V Trigger In/Out: The AudioControl Pantages G4 features a 12V trigger input (3.5mm) and 12V trigger output (3.5mm) to synchronize power on and off functions with other components that also have 12V trigger inputs and outputs.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Pantages G4 comes with a detachable 68" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong) that will need to be plugged into the back of the power amplifier and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Mounting Options: The AudioControl Pantages G4 can be simply mounted on a shelf or or flat tabletop surface. It can also be rack-mounted using optional hardware (not included and sold separately). The Pantages G4 amplifier takes up a 3U rack space with the feet removed.
USA Built with 5 Year Warranty: The Pantages G4 power amplifier is designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA and comes with Audio-control's 5-year warranty.
1 question already asked