About the AudioControl RS 1000
Brawny, brainy bass
Brawny, brainy bass
The highly configurable RS 1000 powers one or two passive subwoofers for precise, high-impact bass.
AudioControl's RS 1000 amplifier gives you precise control over the authoritative, earth-quaking power it has on tap for driving your passive subwoofers. It's installer-friendly and highly tweakable, so it's great for in-wall subwoofers and unique configurations.
This amp connects to your network via Ethernet for DSP (digital signal processing) control. Since it has its own internal web server, you don't even need any special software, just your favorite internet browser.
You can adjust parametric and graphic EQ settings, tweak the crossover, access speaker optimization profiles for certain participating brands of speakers, and more.
- subwoofer amplifier with DSP (digital signal processing)
- 1,000 watts into 8/4/2 ohms
- minimum impedance: 2 ohms
- frequency response: 20-350 Hz
- total harmonic distortion: 0.1% (500 watts @ 8 ohms, 20-350 Hz)
- signal to noise ratio: 95 dB
- browser-based setup and control via a computer, phone, or tablet
- 6-band graphic EQ
- 8-band parametric EQ
- crossover with subsonic filter
- built-in speaker optimization profiles
- status monitoring, source switching, 12-volt trigger control, and more
- requires wired Ethernet connection to your network router
- digital signal-sensing turn-on
- AudioControl LightDrive anti-clipping speaker protection
- rack-mountable with optional rack ears (sold separately)
- balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA LFE inputs for connecting to a preamp or A/V receiver
- balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA LFE loop outputs for connecting to another subwoofer amplifier
- stereo unbalanced RCA input and loop output for connecting to a 2-channel amplifier for 2.1 listening
- engage high-pass button beside these connections to send mids and highs only to your 2-channel amp
- 2 pairs of five-way binding posts for connecting one or two subwoofers
- Ethernet port for connection to your home network
- 4-pin Euroblock speaker-level inputs for connecting amplified output from a distributed audio system
- 3-pin Euroblock 12-volt master trigger
- 3.5mm trigger (amplifier section only)
- 3.5mm IR sensor input
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-5/16"W x 3-15/16"H x 17-3/8"D (2U rack spaces)
- weight: 17 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 8611660
What's in the box:
- Subwoofer amplifier
- 68" AC power cord
- Installation Manual
AudioControl RS 1000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioControl RS 1000
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||1|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||1000|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||1000|
|Frequency Bandwidth||20-350 Hz|
|Bridged Power per Channel||0 watts|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||4|
|Input Type||RCA, XLR, Speaker|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding Post|
Subwoofer Amplifier: The AudioControl RS 1000 subwoofer amplifier is the ultimate bass amplification solution for a passive subwoofer in a home cinema, multi-zone audio, or 2.1 channel music system.Designed with high performance in mind, the RS Series subwoofer amplifier is stable into 2 ohms, while also being able to deliver that same 2 ohm power into higher impedances - so you get the same 1000 watts of power at 8, 4, or 2 ohm impedance loads.
- Class D Amplification: The AudioControl RS 1000 utilizes a cool-running and highly efficient Class D amplifier with switch mode power supplies and thermally controlled fans to keep the amplifier running optimally.
- LightDrive Protection: The RS 1000 employ's AudioControl's LightDrive anti-clipping protection circuit that safely eliminates any possibility of speaker-damaging clipping and distortion, even in extreme conditions.
DSP Control: The RS 1000 subwoofer employs a DSP (Digital Signal Processing) engine that gives you graphic and parametric EQs, crossover, delay and phase control for precise calibration and tuning of your subwoofer.
- Graphic & Parametric Equalizers: The RS 1000 is equipped with a 6-Band Graphic EQ and an 8-Band Parametric EQ. The 6-Band Graphic EQ allows you to adjust the levels of the 31.5Hz, 40Hz, and 50Hz, 63Hz, and 80Hz frequencies. The 8-Band Parametric EQ provides greater fine-tuning of your subwoofer's performance and requires selecting the frequency, the bandwidth of the control, as well as the level of adjustment. You can also simply set the equalizer to Flat.
- Low & High Pass Crossovers: The RS 1000 offers both a low pass and high pass crossover. You can set the low pass crossover filter to control the frequencies being sent to the passive subwoofer. You can apply the high-pass crossover filter to the amplifier's stereo RCA loop outputs to control the frequencies being sent out a second amplifier powering a pair of loudspeakers.
- Phase & Delay: You can adjust the amplifier's Phase output between 0 and 180 degrees, in 5 degrees increments. You can also set the amp's delay output up to 200 ms, in 5ms increments. These two adjustments help provide the ability to tune your subwoofer for minimal group delay between speakers and a flawless blending experience between your speakers and the subwoofer.
AccuBASS Circuitry: Equipped with AudioControl's unique patented AccuBASS circuitry, the RS 1000 rejuvenates the bass response lost in most digital audio soundtracks. AudioControl's AccuBASS circuit helps recover the bass that goes missing in compressed audio soundtracks, or when volume is increased and the bass frequencies roll away. The result is a richer and fuller audio performance with better bass and midbass response.
Speaker Optimization Profiles: AudioControl has partnered with a growing number of prominent architectural loudspeaker manufacturers to implement speaker performance profiles directly accessible from the RS Series subwoofer amplifier's onboard DSP. Each speaker manufacturer has provided critical performance data to AudioControl, enabling tailored profiles to be created and stored in software form. Factoring in the individual room acoustics for each home, these speaker profiles achieve an important step in providing you with the tools to receive a premium entertainment experience. AudioControl Sound Partners include -
- Monitor Audio
- Origin Acoustics
- Stealth Acoustics
- James Loudspeaker
Inputs & Outputs: The AudioControl RS 1000 subwoofer amplifier offers a variety of inputs and outputs to integrate with practically any audio system. Balanced XLR, unbalanced stereo RCA, LFE, and speaker-level inputs give you the options you need when hooking up your system. Each line-level input also has a corresponding loop output, so you can connect multiple amps using the same type of signal.
- Balanced XLR: The RS 1000 features a balanced XLR mono input and a balanced XLR mono loop output. Balanced XLR connections provide better signal and audio quality by guarding against noise, distortion, and interference.
- LFE (Low Frequency Effect): The RS 1000 features a LFE input designed for AV receivers that are equipped with a dedicated LFE (low frequency effect) output for home theater setups. There is also a LFE loop output to connect a second subwoofer amplifier.
- Stereo RCA: The RS 1000 also features an unbalanced stereo RCA line-level input and loop output for connection to a integrated amplifier or stereo receiver's stereo preamp outputs, and for the connection of another amplifier in your system.
- Speaker-Level: In addition, the RS 1000 is equipped with a euroblock-style speaker-level input for connection to your receiver or integrated amp that lacks XLR, LFE, or RCA outputs. There is not loop output for the speaker-level inputs.
Note: You can set the AudioControl RS 1000 to automatically turn On when it senses an audio signal and turn Off when there is no audio signal.
Binding Post Speaker Output Terminals: The AudioControl RS 1000 subwoofer is outfitted with two sets of binding poster output terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). You can connect a single passive subwoofer for mono operation or two passive subwoofers for stereo operation. The amplifier supports 2 ohm, 4 ohm and 8 ohm speakers in mono mode. It supports 4 ohm and 8 ohm speakers in stereo mode.
Custom Integration: The AudioControl RS 1000 subwoofer amplifier offers IP and IR control, plus features a 12V Trigger input.
- IP Control: The RS 1000 features an Ethernet (RJ45) LAN jack that allows you to connect the amplifier to your network router for IP control. Once connected to your network, the amplifier can be controlled using it's internal web server, accessible through common web browsers. No external software is required to run the RS 1000. From its internal web server, you can control and query almost all functions - mute the amp, recall EQ presets, check system health, display protection logs and get an email if something goes wrong. You can even export and import the amplifier's settings, so you can configure EQ settings as a template and apply them to RS 1000 amplifier in your system, which cuts down on setup time.
- IR Input: If you want to control the volume of the RS Series amplifier with an IR (infrared) remote controller, use the IR Input (3.5mm) to connect a powered wired IR sensor to the amp. You can teach the amp recognize IR commands or you can use the default codes located in the automation table on the RS amplifier web page at www.audiocontrol.com.
- 12V Trigger Input: The RS 1000 is equipped with a 3-pin and 3.5mm 12V trigger input to enable Power On/Off synchronization with your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier that features a 12V trigger output.
Protection Circuitry: Protection circuitry includes thermal, short-circuit, clipping, over-current and DC offset protection. In most instances, the amplifier will reset by itself. However, if the fault is persistent (like the speaker wire is shorted), then it will shut down and will require a reboot.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The RS 1000 comes with a detachable 68" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong) that will need to be plugged into the back of the power amplifier and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Mounting Options: The AudioControl RS 1000 can be simply mounted on a shelf or or flat tabletop surface. It can also be rack-mounted using optional hardware (not included and sold separately). The RS 1000 amplifier takes up a 2U rack space with the feet removed.
USA Built with 5 Year Warranty: The RS Series subwoofer amplifier is designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA and comes with Audio-control's 5-year warranty.