About the Integra DLB-40.6
Don't settle for TV speakers
Don't settle for TV speakers
If you want room-filling sound without the hassle of multiple speakers, Integra's DLB-40.6 is an easy solution. Onboard amplification powers eight drivers, including a pair of side-firing cones that deliver surround effects. AuraSphere digital signal processing broadens the soundstage for an even more immersive cinematic experience.
The included sub has a 6-1/2” downward firing driver to add low-end punch to your movies and shows. Plus it's wireless — so you can find the most convenient and best-sounding spot. (Just remember that it needs AC power.) And if you want to crank that sub, the remote has you covered with independent bass level adjustment.
Dial in the sound to match what you're watching
You don't want your action movie to sound just like the news. The DLB-40.6 features three pre-programmed sound modes for different kinds of content:
- Movie — deeper bass and an open midrange for clear dialogue
- News — dialogue is prioritized so you don't have to raise the volume to hear what people are saying
- Music — balanced stereo sound with bass that won't overshadow strings and vocals
Speaking of music, built-in Bluetooth makes it easy to wirelessly stream your favorite tunes from compatible devices directly to the sound bar. There's a USB port so you can play music straight from a thumb drive, as well.
- designed for TVs larger than 40"
- six channels of built-in amplification
- eight built-in precision drivers:
- six 2-3/4" full-range cones
- two 1-3/16" ring tweeters
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- AuraSphere digital signal processing for 3D sound
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- 3 listening modes: Movie, Music, and News
- 35-13/16"W x 3-3/4"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 8.6 lbs.
- 6-1/2" down-firing woofer
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 10-1/4"W x 13-1/4"H x 12"D
- weight: 12.8 lbs.
Connections and General Info:
- optical digital audio input
- minijack analog input
- coaxial digital audio input
- USB port lets you play digital music files from a thumb drive
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- remote control with subwoofer volume control
- system frequency response 40-20,000 Hz
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DLB40.6
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (SBD41)
- Wireless powered sub (SKW41)
- AC Power adapter (attached 6' DC cord)
- Two 6.5' AC power cords
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 58" Optical digital cable
- 59" Stereo minijack cable
- 2 Feet
- 4 Screws
- 4 Small rubber pads
- 4 Large rubber pads
- Instruction Manual
- Wall Mounting Template
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Auto Power On/Auto Standby Function" note "Notice" sheet
- Warranty Information/Product Registration
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Integra DLB-40.6
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|HDMI ARC Input||No|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Tweeter||1.1875" Ring (2)|
|Woofer||2.75" Cone (6)|
|Subwoofer Driver||6.5" Cone|
|System Frequency Response||40-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3-3/4H x 35-13/16W x 3-3/4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||8.6 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||13-1/4H x 10-1/4W x 12D|
|Subwoofer Weight||12.8 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The DLB-40.6's active soundbar speaker features two 1.1875" ring-tweeters and six 2.75" full-range cone drivers inside a bass reflex cabinet powered by a built-in Class D amplifier for clear, accurate sound. The tweeters and full-range drivers are arranged in a two-channel configuration with both tweeters and four of the full-ranges drivers front-firing and two of the full-range drivers side-firing for a wide, immersive soundstage.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered subwoofer features a down-firing 6.5" woofer inside a bass reflex cabinet powered by a built-in amplifier. The subwoofer's low-pass crossover is set to blend perfectly with the soundbar, creating a deep, seamless audio image no matter where you choose to place the wireless powered sub. You can adjust the subwoofer level independent from the system's overall volume level.
Dolby Digital Decoding w/ AuraSphere Technology: Dolby Digital is a high quality audio format commonly encoded on DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, and in TV broadcasts. Compatible TVs can pass Dolby Digital audio through to the DLB-40.6 (via optical digital) for richly detailed playback enhanced even further with AuraSphere digital signal processing. You can choose from 3 AuraSphere sound modes.
- Movie Mode: Onboard AuraSphere technology applies custom EQ filters to get the most out of movie and game soundtracks. Deeper bass and an open mid-range carry dialog clearly, all enhanced by AuraSphere's panoramic 3D soundfield
- Music Mode: For music, you want plenty of punchy bass, that doesn't drown out vocals and strings. AuraSphere manipulates the EQ and sound pressure levels to best suit music playback, while expanding the soundfield so that you enjoy balanced stereo sound no matter where you're sitting
- News Mode: This sound mode makes dialog more intelligible and maintains clean, balanced response for all types of content, including TV programs, movies, and news. With this mode engaged, you won't have to keep raising the volume to hear what's going on. The DLB-40.6 simply makes TV sound clear and rich.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The DLB-40.6 soundbar is outfitted with two digital audio inputs. There is one optical (toslink) and one coaxial (RCA) digital input for connection to your TV. Both digital inputs support Dolby Digital (up to 5.1ch) and 2ch PCM.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray player or satellite/cable box).
Analog Audio Input: The soundbar system also features a 3.5mm analog audio input to connect older televisions and other audio devices; such as smartphones, tablets, and MP3 players.
USB Port: The soundbar's USB (type-A) port will play MP3 music files stored on USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. You can use the included IR remote to control playback. The USB port is rated at 5V/0.5A and can be used to charge the battery of a USB-enabled electronic device.
Note: The USB port does not support Apple iOS or Android devices, USB hubs or card-readers, and computers or laptops.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The DLB-40.6 offers built-in Bluetooth 2.1+EDR with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and remote control (AVRCP). You can stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device to the soundbar system. You'll be able to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the included IR remote.
Remote Control: The Integra DLB-40.6 comes with a credit-card size IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system. The DLB-40.6 is pre-programmed with IR codes for several major TV brands; including Sony, Samsung, LG Panasonic, Sharp, Phillips, Toshiba, and Visio. It also has learning capability for other TV brands. You can control Volume Up/Down and Mute functions from a TV remote.
Note: Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV remote to work together.
Mounting Options: The DLB-40.6's soundbar speaker features a low-profile design that makes it ideal for placement on a flat surface in in front of your TV. The soundbar's flat back-panel and shallow depth also allows for easy wall mounting using integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws not included). The wireless powered sub should be placed on the floor against the same wall as the television and soundbar, with an electrical outlet nearby for the power cord. For more bass, the subwoofer should be placed closer to walls and corners. For less bass, the sub should be pulled away from walls and corners.
AC Power: The Integra DLB-40.6's active soundbar speaker and wireless powered subwoofer will require AC power connection.