About the Autel Robotics EVO II Plus On The Go Bundle
Aerial photography made easy
The EVO II's 8K camera and rugged design make it a perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure.
Aerial photography made easy
The Autel Robotics EVO II makes it easy and straightforward to capture sweet-looking bird's-eye footage while it's zipping through the air. Its gimbal-mounted camera snags crisp 48-megapixel stills and super-smooth 8K video. The drone is also fast, hitting up to 45 miles per hour, and it has 12 built-in sensors to give it 360° obstacle avoidance. This lets you fly with confidence while you focus on finding that next great shot.
The EVO II has several intelligent flight and photo modes to give you an impressive amount of flexibility out in the field. You can automatically send the drone to a selected destination, line up a flight plan of several pre-set waypoints, or have the drone fly in a perfect circle around a point of interest. You can also have the drone follow behind a moving target, maintain a parallel trajectory, or hover in place like an aerial tripod, all while the camera stays locked on.
If you want to get "hands-on" in the moment and capture the action at the same time, you can even direct the drone with Gesture Control. This lets you stay hands-free while the drone continues tracking you or another subject.
If you have an Android™ device and a compatible VR (virtual reality) headset, you can pilot the EVO II in first person. It's like taking off in a miniature cockpit. As an avid gamer, this is easily the feature I'm most excited about. I've always dreamed of flying, and while I'm unlikely to pick up an experimental jet pack anytime soon, this gets pretty close to the real thing.
Keep it airborne
With this bundle you'll be snagging several useful extras that will let you keep your drone in the air, where it belongs. Each of the EVO II's intelligent flight batteries gives you an impressive 40 minutes of flight. By adding a charger and another battery, this combo effectively doubles your airtime. It also comes with a shoulder bag and five additional pairs of spare propellers, just in case.
- quadcopter with 8K camera, remote controller, two rechargeable batteries, battery charger, and shoulder bag
- flight time: up to 40 minutes (per battery)
- maximum speed: 45 mph
- range: 5.5 miles
- 12 image sensors for 360° obstacle avoidance
- records to a 8 GB internal storage or a microSD memory card (up to 256GB, UHS-3 rating recommended)
- includes 32 GB microSD card pre-installed
- includes five extra pairs of propellers
- includes smart remote controller:
- 3.3" OLED display built-in
- 2.4Ghz antennas for extended range and better reception in urban areas
- built-in rechargeable battery
- 1/2" CMOS sensor
- shoots 8K video and 48-megapixel still photos
- 3-axis gimbal mount stabilizes camera in flight
- up to 8X zoom (lossless up to 4X)
- maximum ISO: 3,200 (photo), 6,400 (video)
- aperture: f/1.8
- phase detection autofocus enables accurate tracking of fast-moving subjects
- auto exposure bracketing and 10-bit HDR recording for cinematic video quality
- Autel Explorer app features:
- Gesture Control offers hands-free flight and photography options
- Hyper-light improves photos and video shot in low-light conditions
- Dynamic Track 2.0 allows the camera to track a moving object at high speed
- time-lapse video at 8K resolution
What's in the box:
- Aerial drone (w/ gimbal camera)
- 2 Batteries (1 pre-installed)
- 32GB microSD card (pre-installed)
- 10 Propellers (4 pre-installed)
- AC power adapter (attached 22" DC cord)
- 40" AC power cord
- 39" microUSB-USB cable
- 11" USB-C to proprietary connector cable
- 11" microUSB to proprietary connector cable
- Cleaning cloth
- Carrying case
- Quick Guide
- Battery Guide
- Packing List
- Disclaimer & Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Autel Robotics EVO II Plus On The Go Bundle
Smart Flight System: The EVO II delivers stable and user-friendly flight control via its built-in Smart Flight System. The system enables a variety of advanced functions, including Omnidirection Binocular Sensing System, Starpoint Positioning System, Return-to-Home, and Precision Landing.
- 360-Degree Obstacle Avoidance: The Autel EVO II aerial drone offers 360-degree obstacle avoidance and is quipped with 19 groups of sensors including 12 visual sensors, the main camera, ultrasound, IMUs and other sensors that enable building of three-dimensional (3D) maps and path planning in real time. The EVO II's front, rear, left, right, top, and bottom binocular vision sensing systems use image data to calculate the distance between the aircraft and potential obstacles. The system will halt the aircraft's forward progress when an obstacle is detected. The front, rear, and bottom binocular vision systems also feature the Starpoint Positioning System. This system uses ultrasonic sensors to calculate the current height of the aircraft, and uses the binocular cameras to obtain location information via image analysis.
- Return-to-Home with Precision Landing: Built-in failsafe features like Return-to-Home call the aircraft back to its home point when the battery is low or the remote control signal is interrupted. You can also manually activate the Return-to-Home function and send the drone back to its starting position. Using the Precision Landing feature the cameras on the bottom of EVO II will capture reference images and use them during the Return-to-Home providing pinpoint precision during the landing sequence. When the aircraft arrives above the return-to-home point location, it will detect ground conditions during the landing descent. It will scan and match the terrain and will land as close as possible to the take-off point once the current terrain matches take-off point terrain. The aircraft will land automatically if the terrain matches and looks safe; otherwise it will hover in-place to wait the next command. Hover Precision -
Note: An LED indicator is located on the end of each aircraft arm. The front LEDs will light up solid red to help you identify the direction of the aircraft's nose. The rear LEDs will display the current flight status of the aircraft.
3-Axis Gimbal: The Autel EVO II contains a high-precision 3-axis gimbal that keeps the camera steady while the aircraft is flying, ensuring image stability and clarity. It is specially designed to minimize camera vibration and provide smooth video recording and clear still photography. To operate properly, the gimbal temperature must be between 14°F and 122°F. You can use the remote control's gimbal pitch dial or the Autel Explorer app to adjust the pitch axis to any angle from -30° to 90°. The gimbal is powered by the aircraft battery and offers two working modes -
- Stabilized Mode: The gimbal's orientation will always remain constant with the aircraft's nose, but the gimbal will keep horizontal even when the aircraft tilts.
- FPV Mode: The gimbal will be synchronized with the aircraft's movement including rotation and tilt to create a first-person view during the flight
Note: When the aircraft is powered on, the gimbal will automatically rotate to perform self-test and calibration. Ensure that there are no objects near the gimbal that could obstruct its motion.
Ultra-High Resolution Camera w/ Phase Detection: Partnering with Sony, the Autel EVO II's camera features a 48 megapixel (MP) sensor that provides sharp images, great detail, and rich color. You'll be able to record smooth 8K video and capture detailed 48MP photos. The camera lens features a 25.6mm focal length, f/1.8 aperture, focal distance of 0.5m to any distance (with autofocus mode), and a digital zoom of 1-8x (Max 4x lossless). Phase detection is precision Auto Focus that enables the tracking of fast-moving subjects accurately.
UHD Resolution Video: The Autel EVO II can record video in 8K (7680x4320 @ 25/24Hz), 4K (3840x2160 @ 60/50/48/30/25/24Hz), 2.7K (2720x1528 @ 120/60/50/48/30/25/24Hz), and FHD (1920x1080 @ 120/60/50/48/30/25/24Hz). Video is recorded onto the aircraft's onboard memory or microSD card in MOV or MP4.
- 8K Video: The EVO II records in resolutions up to 8K (7680x4320). With 16x more pixels compared to HD and 4x as many pixels compared to 4k, 8k video redefines image detail. The ultra-high resolution enables the ability to zoom deep into a scene, crop an image or video to 4k without any loss in quality and pushing color further than ever before.
- 4K HDR: 4K HDR video with 16 Exposure Values (EV) control combines long-, medium- and short-term exposures into a single frame adding dynamic range. 10-bit color depth captures over 1 billion colors to provide greater flexibility in post production while still retaining rich details in the shadows and highlights.
48MP Photography: The EVO II can capture still images in 48MP (8000x6000; 4:3), 33MP (7680x4320; 16:9), 12MP (4000x3000; 4:3), or 8MP (3840x2160; 16:9). Photos are stored onto the aircraft's onboard memory or microSD card in JPEG or RAW/DNG. The EVO II offers a variety of shooting modes & parameter settings.
- Shooting Modes: Shooting modes include Single Shot, Burst Shooting (3/5 frames), Automatic Exposure Bracketing (AEB), Timelapse (2/5/7/10/20/30/60s), HyperLight (under 4K), and Long Exposure (Max 8s).
- Parameter Settings: Parameter settings include ISO (100 to 3200), Shutter (1/8000 to 8), and Exposure Value (-3 to +3), White Balance (Auto/Sunny/Cloud/Incan/Neon/Custom), Color (None/Log/B&W/Nostaligic), Style (Standard/Neutral/Landscape/Custom).
Storing & Transferring Images: Still images and videos can be stored in the aircraft’s onboard memory (8GB) or on a microSD card (up to 256GB). The cameras save photos in JPEG and RAW/DNG formats, plus records video in MOV or MP4 formats. To transfer photos and videos to your computer, connect the EVO II to your computer using the EVO II's USB-C Port (cable not included and sold separately). .
Remote Controller: The included remote controller supports live video downlink and aircraft remote control functions without the need of a mobile app. The video downlink system and aircraft remote control system operate at 2.4GHz. The controller and aircraft have an unobstructed wireless range of up to 5.5 miles. The remote controller features a 3.3" OLED screen, joy-sticks, and push-button controls. It is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery.
- 3.3" OLED Screen: With the built-in 3.3" OLED screen, you'll be able to easily view a live 720p (HD) video feed or critical flight information without the need to connect to a mobile device. The flight information panel on the 3.3" OLED screen indicates altitude, distance, speed, GPS signal, battery life, and more.
- Joy-Stick and Push-Button Control: Joy-Stick controllers are used to manually control the EVO drone's flight pattern. Push-button controls allow you to command EVO to return home, automatically take off or land and capture photos & video without taking your hands off the controller.
- Rechargeable Battery: The remote controller is powered by a built-in, lithium-ion battery (5000mAh) that can last up to 3 hours on a single charge from the included battery charger. It also supports 2 hour fast charging.
Autel Explorer App: With the Autel Explorer App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 4.4+), it's easy to control the Autel Robotics EVO II. The Autel Explorer app provides a 1080p live camera view, flight telemetry, access to advanced settings and powerful Intelligent Flight Modes. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device will act as the central monitor (HD Live View) for remote piloting control, aerial photographing and filming, and flight parameter tuning to achieve optimal flight performance. Monitor your aircraft data and use autopilot features such as Dynamic Track, 2.0, Viewpoint, Orbit, and Waypoint modes to make flying the EVO II even easier.
- Live Video Feed & Flight Data: Thanks to the Autel Explorer app, you can enjoy 1080p (FHD) live video feed from the EVO II's 8K camera and get real-time monitoring of aircraft flight data and status.
- Flight Controls: The Autel Explorer app lets you easily configure the aircraft's flight control settings. Select Intelligent Flight Modes (such as Dynamic Track 2.0, Viewpoint, Orbit, Waypoint modes, and more ), as well as upgrade flight safety with the Failsafe feature and Low-battery RTH Countdown.
- Camera Settings: The Autel Explorer app acts as a professional camera setting assistant with support 8K video recording and 64MP still-image photography.
Intelligent Flight & Photo Modes: In addition to manual flight and camera operation through the included remote controller, the Autel EVO II provides a variety of Intelligent Flight & Camera modes through the Autel Explorer App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android smartphone device that make flight & camera operation more intuitive, easier, and fun.
- Dynamic Track 2.0: Dynamic Track 2.0 automatically tracks the target at a fixed distance. The EVO II will try to maintain the flight behind the target. If the target stops moving, the aircraft hovers until the target starts moving again. Dynamic Track 2.0 allows you to highlight and mark moving objects using your mobile device. Once marked and the operation started, the aircraft will track the object as it moves. The aircraft will fly over and around objects automatically while maintaining track on the object. Tracking status is indicated using color and on-screen information. The tracking rectangle will change from green (tracking) to orange (partial loss of object) to red (target lost) indicating the current state of the tracking operation.
- Parallel Track: The Parallel Track mode tracks the target from the side at a relative fixed distance. The flight trajectory of the aircraft will remain parallel to the target trajectory. If the aircraft starts tracking while on the side of the target, the aircraft will remain in the same position when tracking.
- Tripod Track: Tripod Track allows the EVO II to hover and continuously change its direction and gimbal pitch to keep the nose and camera pointing at the target. Tripod Track is similar to dynamic track, the only difference is that the aircraft will be in a stationary hovering state, whose position can only be set by the remote control, by adjusting the aircraft flight direction and gimbal angle. This function is applicable for a target reciprocating in a small range.
- Viewpoint & Orbit: Viewpoint allows you to send the aircraft towards a selected destination using a touch of the screen. The aircraft will fly towards the selected target and will try to avoid obstacles. During the flight you can tap other points on the screen to change the flight direction. To change the flight speed, you can adjust the speed bar in the lower center of the screen. The Orbit mode lets you select a point-of-interest (POI) and EVO will fly a perfect circle making cinematic shots easy to capture.
- Gesture: Gesture control allows an individual, located in front of the aircraft, to perform simple tasks using hand and arm motions. Gesture recognition requires a person to be locked before recognizing the person’s actions such as taking photos or videos. At the same time, when the person locked is moving, the aircraft will follow as well. During the gesture recognition, you may also use the remote control to adjust the distance and direction between the aircraft and the tracking target.
- Precision Flight & Dual Stability: Precision flight limits the aircraft’s speed, vertical angle, and rotational speeds in order to provide a more stable platform for video recording at low altitudes and when shooting slow or non-moving objects. Dual Stability mode limits the aircraft’s speed and braking characteristics in order to achieve a more stable platform for video recording during flight.
- Virtual Reality (VR) - Android Only: VR mode is a simulated experience that places you, the pilot, in the virtual drivers seat inside the aircraft. The mobile device, when paired with a high quality VR headset, can give the pilot a unique immersive experience; nearly identical to that if the pilot was physically sitting inside the aircraft.
Flight Control Settings: The Autel EVO II offers a variety of Flight Control Settings that can be adjusted based on your experience level.
- Novice or Ludicrous Mode: You can toggle the switch to enable or disable the Novice mode. If this mode is enabled, the maximum flight speed is fixed at 5 m/s, altitude at 30 m, and distance at 100 m. After being set to ludicrous mode, the aircraft will reach the fastest speed and acceleration; the maximum flight speed could reach 20m/s. Due to the distance limitations of the avoidance systems, the automatic obstacle avoidance function will be shut off. When using this mode fly cautiously
- Go-Home Altitude Limits: This parameter restricts the maximum flight altitude of the aircraft when the Novice mode is disabled. The altitude limit protects the aircraft from flying out of sight or losing signals due to high altitude flying. The default altitude limit is 120 m (360 feet). A safe altitude can be set for your aircraft to go home automatically. If you set Go-Home Altitude to a certain value, the aircraft will automatically adjust its altitude to this value and then return to the home point. The default go-home altitude is 30 m (90 feet).
- Speed & Distance Limits: This parameter restricts the maximum flight speed of the aircraft when the Novice mode is disabled. The default speed limit is 10 m/s. You can also enable or disable the default distance limit (800 m) when the Novice mode is disabled.
Rechargeable Battery: The EVO II drone is powered by a rechargeable lithium-polymer with the capacity of 7100mAh. It can only be charged with the included battery charger. A fully charged battery can provide up to 40 minutes of continuous flight. Several smart functions added into the aircraft battery will protect and preserve battery life.
- Real-Time Battery Information: The aircraft is able to communicate with the battery to get real time battery information such as voltage, capacity, current, temperature, etc. This information is visible on the remote controller's OLED screen.
- Protection Circuitry: The rechargeable battery features Balance Protection to balance the voltage of each battery cell to prevent overcharging or over-discharging. The battery will stop charging automatically when the battery reaches full charge or if the charging current exceeds 8A in order to prevent severe damage. The battery will also shut down if a short circuit is detected. If the battery is not in use, it will disconnect power output once the self-discharge cycle has completed.
- Power Saving: The battery will cut off the power supply and enter power saving mode after 30 minutes of inactivity to retain the energy. To save power, the battery will enter the Ultra-Low Power Consumption Mode if it is idle for 7 days and the battery voltage is lower than 11.6V. In this situation, the battery can be used normally after being connected to the charger.
Mission Planner: The Autel Explorer Mission Planner is a full-featured, waypoint mission creation and editing tool. The planner includes many advanced capabilities useful for the professional pilot using the EVO II aircraft to cover a variety of industrial applications - including photometry, crop and agriculture management (3rd party analysis tools required), construction project, site inspection, search and rescue operations, and more.
Flight Log Backup: When Flight Log Backup is enabled and the Autel Explorer app is paired with the EVO II, flight log data (including flight telemetry) will be uploaded and maintained on Autel Robotics data servers. All telemetry and flight logs are stored on data servers located within the boundaries of the continental United States, and the data upload occurs automatically. Information, including still and motion imagery and data from the aircraft’s sensors, will be stored on the aircraft's internal drive.
Note: The Autel Robotics customer support team doesn't have access to flight log data except when explicitly granted permission by the user via the Autel Explorer app. When that permission is granted, only flight logs within the selected date range can be accessed.
Carrying Case: The included carrying case is customized designed for the Autel EVO II drone with sufficient room for aircraft, remote controller, charger, memory card and other accessories; as well as up to five smart batteries. It features zippered side and front storage compartments, plus comes with a padded carrying handle and adjustable shoulder strap. It can be used as shoulder bag, crossbody bag, or hand bag.
Optional Accessories: Additional accessories are available for the EVO II drone. Purchase a spare battery, replacement propellers, extra battery charger, and carrying case (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.