About the Ring Peephole Cam
A smart peephole cam from Ring
A smart peephole cam from Ring
Most peepholes provide a very limited view. Even more limiting is the fact that you need to be standing at your door to use them. So why not replace your peephole with one that you can check from anywhere? Ring's Peephole Cam lets you do that and more.
Like the rest of Ring's smart doorbells, the Peephole Cam is a motion-sensing HD camera with night vision. It connects to your home's Wi-Fi and notifies you via the mobile app whenever anyone presses the built-in doorbell button or trips the motion sensors.
You can then answer the door from wherever you are using the app. You'll be able to see, hear, and speak to your visitors, and they won't know you aren't home unless you want them to.
Unlike the other Ring Doorbell variations, the Peephole Cam gets mounted in the middle of your door itself — where people aren't expecting to see a bell. Because of this, Ring included an impact sensor, so you'll get notified if someone knocks, too.
Oh and it has an optical viewer so you can still use it as a peephole — app-free, right at the door.
Works for renters, too
The Peephole Cam doesn't require you to drill any holes that might damage your door or endanger your security deposit. It simply mounts to your door in place of your existing peephole. And if you keep your old one safely tucked away, you can just swap it back in again when it's time to move.
And if you live in an apartment building with nearby neighbors, you can reassure them that you're not being nosy by creating "privacy zones" around their doors. These are areas you won't see or record, which simply appear as black rectangles in the app.
Optional cloud storage
The camera streams live footage to the app 24/7, but if you want to save or send video clips, you'll need a Ring Protect plan. Ring Protect is a subscription-based cloud storage service. The basic package ($3/month or $30/year) covers a single camera and allows you to save and share your Ring videos from that camera. You get a free, 30-day trial subscription when you activate your Ring device.
Installing multiple Ring devices? The Ring Protect Plus plan ($10/month or $100/year) includes cloud storage for unlimited Ring devices at a single location.
- installs in existing peepholes
- includes an optical viewer with privacy cover so you can see who's there without using the app
- fits standard width doors ranging in thickness from approximately 1.3" - 2.2"
- app provides a 1080p HD view of who's at the door
- field of view: 155° horizontal, 90° vertical
- built-in microphone and speaker lets you have a conversation using the app's two-way talk feature
- built-in chime alerts you when someone is at the door
- impact sensor detects knocking
- enable this option and adjust sensitivity using the app
- includes one quick-release battery for charging without removing the device
- weather-resistant exterior housing
- uses your home Wi-Fi® network to send images to your smartphone
- adjustable motion detection
- "Shared Users" app feature lets you share access to your Ring devices with other users
- create up to 2 privacy zones in areas you don't want to see or record
- compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices for voice control
- interior: 2-5/16"W x 4-7/16"H x 1-1/4"D
- exterior: 1-15/16"W x 3-7/8"H x 15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 8SPPS9-0EN0
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Ring Peephole Cam