Ring Stick Up Cam Wired
Plug-in indoor/outdoor security camera with siren
Our take on the Ring Stick Up Cam Wired by Crutchfield's Emily S.
Ring doesn't want you to feel at all limited by their new Stick Up Cam. You don't even have to stick it up — use the integrated base to place it on a tabletop or shelf. Power it with the included micro USB adapter or use Power over Ethernet (adapter sold separately). That means you can also opt for a wired Ethernet connection to your network instead of Wi-Fi®, if you want. And it's weather-resistant, so you can mount it indoors or out.
Two-way talk lets you tell the kids to slow down on the stairs from wherever you are.
A robust app
The Ring mobile app lets you view the camera's live stream in real time from wherever you are. Press the talk button to have a chat with people or pets at home. Or — if you see uninvited guests — press the alarm button to activate the Stick Up Cam's siren to scare them off.
You can also create and modify up to three motion zones within the app. Then customize motion schedules so that you only get notifications when you actually need them.
Optional cloud storage
The camera streams live footage to the app 24/7, but if you want to save or send video clips, you'll need a Ring Protect plan. Ring Protect is a subscription-based cloud storage service. The basic package ($3/month or $30/year) covers a single camera and allows you to save and share your Ring videos from that camera. You get a free, 30-day trial subscription when you activate your Ring device.
Installing multiple Ring devices? The Ring Protect Plus plan ($10/month or $100/year) includes cloud storage for unlimited Ring devices at a single location.
Smart home integration
I also have good news for Smart home fans — Ring cameras will work with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control assistants. If you have an Amazon Fire TV, or an Echo Show or Spot, you can ask Alexa to show you the live stream from your Stick Up Cam. Google Assistant integration means that you can ask Google to start a new recording, turn your motion alerts on or off, provide a health update on your Ring devices, or review your last Ring notification.
Part of your ring of security
Remember — Ring Stick Up Cam is just one piece of your home protection puzzle. Fill in the gaps with these other Ring devices:
- weather-resistant home security camera
- power options:
- micro USB adapter (indoor and outdoor versions included)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE adapter sold separately)
- view 1080p HD video from anywhere
- night vision lets you see in the dark
- connects to your network via Wi-Fi (2.4 or 5 GHz) or Ethernet
- 150° horizontal, 85° vertical field of view
- get smart alerts on your mobile device when motion is detected
- app features include:
- adjustable motion zones and scheduling
- siren activation
- two-way talk with noise cancellation
- live view
- compatible with:
- optional cloud storage subscriptions available for saving or sending video clips
- 2-3/8"W x 3-7/8"H x 2-3/8"D (without stand)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee