About the Ring Video Doorbell 4
I have a previous version of this doorbell, and I love that it lets me answer my door from anywhere. I can see and chat with visitors whether I'm upstairs or away on vacation. The latest version adds some helpful new features including a pre-roll video that shows you the moments leading up to a motion event — so that you don't miss any of the action.
The Ring Video Doorbell 4 also offers a Quick Replies option that lets you choose one of six preset responses to play when someone rings the bell:
- Please leave the package outside. If you'd like to leave a message, you can do it now.
- We can't answer the door right now, but if you'd like to leave a message, you can do it now.
- Hi! We'll be right there.
- Sorry, we're not interested.
- Thanks for stopping by. If you'd like to leave a message, you can do it now.
- Hi! Please wait. It may take me a moment to answer.
Your selected reply can play immediately or up to 20 seconds after a ring. Visitors can leave a message after the Quick Reply plays.
The Ring app lets you see and chat with visitors from anywhere.
Hardwired or battery-powered — your choice
If your current doorbell operates at a voltage between 8 and 24 volts AC, you can connect Ring Video Doorbell 4 to the existing wiring. Hardwiring this way keeps Ring's battery charged and allows it to trigger your existing chime when someone rings the bell.
Not replacing an existing doorbell? No problem. The included battery is easily removable and only needs to be charged every 6 to 12 months, depending on usage. If you don't want to lose coverage while your depleted battery is recharging, pick up an extra battery. Without an existing doorbell, you'll also need to keep your phone handy for notifications, or purchase Ring Chime or Chime Pro for alerts while you're at home.
Optional Ring Protect plan offers storage and more
The camera streams live footage to the app 24/7, but if you want to save or send video clips, you'll need a Ring Protect plan. Ring Protect is a subscription-based cloud storage service that also offers some expanded app features. The basic package ($3/month or $30/year) covers a single camera and allows you to save and share your Ring videos from that camera. You get a free, 30-day trial subscription when you activate your Ring device.
Installing multiple Ring devices? The Ring Protect Plus plan ($10/month or $100/year) includes cloud storage for unlimited Ring devices at a single location.
Part of your ring of security
The Ring Video Doorbell 4 is just one piece of your home protection puzzle. Fill in the gaps with these other Ring devices:
- provides a 1080p HD view of who's ringing the doorbell
- built-in speaker and microphone with noise cancellation for two-way talk
- Quick Replies lets you choose preset responses or ask visitors to leave a message
- you can choose one of six outgoing default messages
- set message delay time from right away to 20 seconds after someone rings the bell
- visitors can leave message after default message plays (Ring Protect plan required)
- color pre-roll video previews motion events (no audio)
- if you do not subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan, pre-roll only appears as a picture-in-picture in Live View for answered motion notifications
- advanced motion detection
- infrared night vision
- hardwired or battery-powered
- includes one quick-release battery for charging without removing the device
- compatible with Ring plug-in adapter (sold separately)
- requires 8-24 VAC transformer for hardwiring
- field of view: 160° horizontal and 84° vertical
- weather-resistant housing
- operating temperature: -5°F to 120°F
- uses your home Wi-Fi® network to send images to your smartphone
- 802.11 a/ b/g/n dual-band Wi-Fi connection @ 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- suggested minimum upload speed of 2Mbps
- Ring app features include:
- live view
- crime and safety alerts
- see, hear, and speak with visitors
- real-time notifications
- select and adjust motion zones
- "near motion" option cuts down on false alarms
- "Shared Users" functionality lets you share access to your Ring devices with other users
- premium features available with a Ring Protect plan:
- save and share captured photos and videos
- rich notifications show a preview of what triggered motion without opening the Ring app
- access and review recordings of Quick Replies interactions in your event history
- view full pre-roll video previews in timeline or event history
- use People Only Mode to customize your settings to only get alerts when people are detected
- includes corner kit for adjusting mounting angle
- compatible with Amazon Alexa devices for voice control (sold separately)
- 2-7/16"W x 5-1/8"H x 1-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year limited with lifetime theft protection
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B08JNR77QY
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Ring Video Doorbell 4