About the Rolls DB228
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
This in-wall interface allows you to connect a microphone and an unbalanced stereo source, like a phone or consumer CD player, to your commercial audio system that passes balanced signals. The front panel includes a 3.5mm unbalanced input and an XLR balanced input, with a level control knob. A pluggable balanced barrier strip output is included.
- XLR balanced input jack for connecting a microphone
- 3.5mm TRS jack for connecting an unbalanced stereo source
- rotating input level knob adjusts both inputs
- pluggable barrier strip balanced output
- frequency response: 50-20,00 Hz (±3dB)
- installs in a standard single-gang junction box, not included
- fits a standard Decora wall plate, not included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 1-1/2"W x 4-1/8"H x 1-1/2"D
- weight: 4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DB228
What's in the box:
- Wall interface
- 3-Pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector (pre-attached to back of interface)
- Instruction sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rolls DB228
Overview: The Rolls DB228 is an impedance matching interface that lets you convert a high impedance, unbalanced 1/8" stereo input along with a microphone into a low impedance, balanced audio system via a Rolls proprietary audio transformer. The DB228 is a completely passive device, requiring no power for operation, and is designed to be wall-mounted.
- XLR: A balanced XLR input is provided for connecting a dynamic microphone (sold separately).
- 1/8": A stereo unbalanced TRS jack can be used for audio playback from a smartphone, tablet, MP3 player, or other portable audio player.
- Level: A rotary dial adjusts the input level of both the Mic and the 1/8" stereo input
- Note: The individual signal levels of both inputs must be adjusted at each output device.
Output Connector: A rear-panel, 3-pin Euroblock connector provides a balanced, low-impedance audio output. The terminals can accept up to 14AWG speaker wire and are conveniently numbered for a balanced connection. The output signal is microphone-level.
- Pin 1: Ground
- Pin 2: Hot or + (in-phase)
- Pin 3: Cold or - (inverted)
Mounting: The DB228 is designed to be mounted in a standard single-gang j box and can be trimmed in a standard size Decora wall plate (both sold separately).
- Width: 1.52"
- Height: 4.13"
- Total Depth: 2.58"
- Mounting Depth: Approx. 2.04" (incl. wire)
- XLR Input Impedance: 600O
- 1/8" Input Impedance: 20kO
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz (± 3dB)
- Weight: 0.25 lbs.