About the Rolls HRD342
Get a free system design
Convenient speaker time alignment
Sound takes time to travel, so it can be tricky to create an audio system that provides a uniform listening experience for everyone in a large venue. The Rolls HRD342 offers a user-friendly, reasonably priced solution for time alignment of speakers in such environments. It can be connected between your main console output and the amplifiers supplying signal to distant speakers.
A clearly-marked dial on the front of the machine lets you set delay for distant speakers as far as 15 or 30 milliseconds behind the main speakers. The 32 to 360 milliseconds (ms) shown on the dial correlate to roughly the distance between speakers (example: 32 ms = 32 feet). A separate dial lets you adjust the level of incoming signal. Indicator lights let you know when the unit is receiving power, and warn of signal clipping.
The HRD342 features a single balanced XLR mono input and single balanced XLR mono output, plus single unbalanced mono RCA input and output connections.
- allows accurate time alignment of speakers in a large venue
- adjustable delay: 32-360 milliseconds
- mono inputs: 1 balanced XLR, 1 unbalanced RCA
- mono outputs: 1 balanced XLR, 1 unbalanced RCA
- Rolls PS27s 100-240V AC adapter included
- 6-3/4"W x 1-3/4"H x 3"D
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRD342
What's in the box:
- Room delay module
- AC Power supply with 57" cord terminated in a DC plug (15VDC/500mA output)
- Quick start guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rolls HRD342
Overview: The Rolls HRD342 Digital Delay is an easy-to-use speaker distance delay module for adjusting the time alignment of speakers in larger rooms or outdoors, allowing listeners to hear quality sound from multiple speakers with no delay or "echo". The HRD342 gets placed in between the main signal source and the amplifiers powering the speakers. Delay times range from 32ms up to 360ms.
- Inputs: One balanced line-level XLR jack and one unbalanced RCA jack.
- Outputs: One balanced line-level XLR jack and one unbalanced RCA jack.
- Time Delay Knob: A front-panel rotary knob lets you select the amount of time delay from 32ms to 360ms. A common rule of thumb for setting the delay time is 1 foot = approx. 1 millisecond. Delay times include: 32ms, 38ms, 50ms, 65ms, 90ms, 115ms, 180ms, 250ms, 330ms, 350ms, and 360ms. Delay times can be adjusted in between the marked times, for fine-tuning the delay.
- Level: A rotary control adjusts the input signal level.
- Clip LED: This will light red if the input signal is too strong and starts to clip.
- Power LED: Lights green when the unit is powered on (plugged into power).