About the Rolls MA1705
The Rolls MA1705 features two dedicated mic inputs with phantom power for condenser mics, and a mic priority setting that lowers the level of other sources automatically when the mic is in use. A mono 70-watt output channel offers plenty of power to drive a small commercial sound system.
In addition to the two balanced XLR mic inputs, the MA1705 has three unbalanced stereo RCA inputs on the rear panel for connecting additional sources. A 1/4" amp insert jack lets you loop in an outboard signal processor. A stereo RCA record out output lets you pass signal to another component, and 70-volt commercial audio speakers can be connected via a set of spring clip outputs.
- amplified mixer for commercial audio distribution features 5 input channels and one 70-watt output channel
- independent bass and treble controls
- six DIP switches for engaging mic priority and phantom power
Inputs and outputs:
- two balanced XLR mic inputs with +12V phantom power
- three unbalanced stereo RCA inputs (mixed to mono)
- spring clip speaker connectors
- stereo RCA record out
- 1/4" TS amp insert jack lets you loop in an effects processor (insert cable required)
- 3.5mm input on front panel
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 5"D (rack space: 1U)
- weight: 5.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MA1705
What's in the box:
- 6' AC Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Instruction sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rolls MA1705
Overview: The Rolls MA1705 mixer/amplifier features 2 XLR microphone inputs that can be mixed with up to 3 RCA audio inputs, and then amplified with the built-in mono, 70V, 70 watt amplifier. Both microphone inputs can provide phantom power and include Priority Talkover on microphone input 1 for paging purposes. An amp insert lets you run the main output signal through an effects rack or outboard processor before sending it to the speaker output. Built-in Fault Protection will limit the current from the output stage of the amp if too heavy a load is put on it or too low of an output impedance. The single 70 watt speaker output lets you connect multiple 70V speakers, making it ideal for restaurants, schools, churches, clubs, and other small commercial applications. The MA1705 can be rack-mounted and requires 1 rack space.
- XLR: Two rear-panel balanced XLR jacks can be used with either dynamic or condenser microphones. Phantom power can be individually applied to each mic input, if using a condenser type microphone.
- RCA: Three pairs of rear-panel, unbalanced RCA jacks can accept pre-amp signals from consumer audio devices such as CD players, satellite and AM/FM tuners, or digital media players.
- 1/8": A front-panel 1/8" TRS audio input jack is provided that's internally connected to Source Input 1. This can be used for plugging in the headphone output from a smartphone, tablet, or portable audio player.
- 70V/70W: Two spring-clip connectors, accepting up to 14AWG wire, provide the 70W audio output for powering 70V speakers.
- Record Out: A pair of rear-panel RCA jacks provides a mix of all input signals before passing through the Master Level control.
- Mic FX Insert: A rear-panel 1/4" TRS jack lets you add outboard effects to the main output signal. By using an insert cable (not included), the output signal can be routed to the input of an effects processor on the "tip", with the return signal coming back on the "ring" line.
Front Panel Controls&Indicators:
- Mic 1&2/Source 1-3: Five front-panel rotary dials are provided for adjusting the input level on Mic 1&2 and Source 1-3 (range: 1-10).
- Output Level: A single rotary dial adjusts the output level of the mixed signals going to the speaker output (range: 1-10).
- Tone: Each of the two Mic Inputs includes a Tone control dial. Turning it clockwise from center detent will decrease the low frequencies, while turning it counter-clockwise from center detent will decrease the high frequencies.
- Bass&Treble: These two controls affect Source Inputs 2&3 (RCA). The Bass control adjusts 100Hz by ±12dB and the Treble control adjusts 10kHz by ±12dB.
- Power: A rocker-switch is provided for powering the unit on/off.
- Power LED: Lights green when the unit is on.
- Clip LED: Lights red indicating the amp is overloaded.
Rear Panel Controls:
- DIP Switch Matrix: A 6-switch matrix allows individual assignment
of the Priority (Talk Over) feature and Phantom power features.
- Mic 2 Priority: When on, this allows Mic 1 and Sources 2&3 to be muted or "ducked" when a signal is present on Mic 2. Source 1 is left un-muted.
- Source 1 Priority: When on, Source 2&3 will be muted or "ducked" when signals are present on Source 1.
- Phantom Power: Two DIP switches can activate +12VDC of phantom power to the two Mic Inputs, for connecting condenser microphones.
- Note: Two DIP switches are unused.
- Inputs: 5
- Input Connections: (2) XLR, (3) RCA
- Input Impedance:
- Mic (balanced): 600Ω
- RCA (unbalanced): 22kΩ
- Insert 1/4": 22kΩ
- Outputs: (1) Powered, (1pr.) RCA record out.
- Powered Output Connectors: (1) Spring-clips ( accepts up to 14AWG wire)
- Maximum Input Level:
- Mic: -14dB
- Source (RCA): +24dB
- Insert: 26dBV
- Phantom Power: +12VDC
- Maximum Gain:
- Mic: 60dBV
- Source: 26dBV
- S/N Ratio: 96dBV
- THD+Noise: -82dBV
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 20kHz
- Dimensions: W = 19.0", H = 1.750", D = 8.75"
- Weight: 5.5 lbs.
1 question already asked