About the Rolls MA2152
Music and mics work together
Music and mics work together
If you know you'll need to make frequent announcements for customers and staff, the Rolls MA2152 is an excellent mixer/amplifier to build your system around. It features two dedicated mic inputs with phantom power for condenser mics. Mic priority lowers the level of other sources automatically when the mic is in use. Two 100-watt output channels offer plenty of power to drive a small commercial sound system.
In addition to the two balanced XLR mic inputs, the MA2152 has three unbalanced stereo RCA inputs on the rear panel for connecting additional sources. Two 1/4" amp insert jacks let you loop in an outboard signal processor. A stereo RCA record out output lets you pass signal to another component, and speakers can be connected via a pair of 5-way binding posts.
- amplified mixer for commercial audio distribution features 5 input channels and two 100-watt output channels
- 70-watt per channel output @ 8 ohms
- 200 watts mono output @ 8 ohms/70V in bridged mode
- independent bass and treble controls for sources 1 & 2
- discrete left and right output level controls
- six DIP switches for engaging mono/stereo, mic priority, and phantom power
Inputs and outputs:
- two balanced XLR mic inputs with +12V phantom power
- three unbalanced stereo RCA inputs
- 5-way binding post speaker connectors
- stereo RCA record out
- amp insert jacks: 1/4" TS and 1/4" TRS
- 3.5mm input on front panel
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 3-1/2"H x 7-1/2"D (rack spaces: 2U)
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MA2152
What's in the box:
- 6' AC Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Instruction sheet
More details on the Rolls MA2152
Overview: The Rolls MA2152 mixer/amplifier features 2 XLR microphone inputs and 3 RCA audio inputs that can be mixed and powered with the built-in stereo amplifier. Both microphone inputs can provide phantom power and include Priority Talkover on microphone input 1 for paging purposes. The MA2152 is designed for restaurants, schools, churches, clubs, and other commercial applications. The mixer/amplifier can be rack-mounted and requires 2 rack spaces.
Amplifier: The MA2152 features a built-in amplifier that can be used in a mono 70V or stereo 25V configuration. It can also be used for powering 4O or 8O speakers in stereo.
- 70V: The mixer/amplifier can provide a 70V mono output wired to the Bridged Output terminals, with up to 200W available.
- 25V: The mixer/amplifier can drive up to two 25V lines in a stereo configuration (wattage not available).
- 8O: The MA2152 can be configured in either a Stereo or Mono mode with an 8O load.
- Stereo: 70W RMS per channel.
- Bridged Mono: 200W RMS.
- 4O: 100W RMS per channel, stereo.
Protection: The mixer/amplifier features built-in Fault Protection that limits the current from the output stage of the amp if too heavy a load is put on it or too low of an output impedance. A front-panel Protect LED will light red if the amp has reached the overload point. The mixer/amp is also protected by a 4A/120V fuse at the power input.
Inserts: The MA2152 includes Right and Left Amp Insert jacks, one for each of the Main Output channels. This lets you run the main output signals through outboard effects or processors before sending them on to the speaker output.
- XLR: Two rear-panel balanced XLR jacks can be used with either dynamic or condenser microphones. Phantom power can be individually applied to each mic input, if using a condenser type microphone.
- RCA: Three pairs of rear-panel, unbalanced RCA jacks can accept pre-amp signals from consumer audio devices such as CD players, satellite and AM/FM tuners, or digital media players.
- 1/8": A front-panel 1/8" TRS audio input jack is provided that's internally parallel-connected to Source Input 3. This can be used for plugging in the headphone output from a smartphone, tablet, or portable audio player.
- Speaker Outputs: Four binding posts (red/black) provide the speaker output connections, accepting bare wire up to 14AWG, banana plugs, or pin-connectors. Both positive terminals (red) are used in a Bridged Mono configuration.
- Record Out: A pair of rear-panel RCA jacks provides a mix of all input signals before passing through the Master Level control.
- Right/Left Amp Inserts: Two rear-panel 1/4" TRS jacks let you add outboard effects to the main output signals. By using insert cables (not included), the output signals can be routed to the input of an effects processor on the "tip", with the return signals coming back on the "ring" lines.
Front Panel Controls&Indicators:
- Mic 1&2/Source 1-3: Five front-panel rotary dials are provided for adjusting the input level on Mic 1&2 and Source 1-3 (range: 1-10).
- Left/Right Output: Two rotary dial adjusts the output level of the mixed signals going to the left and right speaker outputs (range: 1-10).
- Tone: Each of the two Mic Inputs includes a Tone control dial. Turning it clockwise from center detent will decrease the low frequencies, while turning it counter-clockwise from center detent will decrease the high frequencies.
- Bass&Treble: These two controls affect Source Inputs 2&3 (RCA). The Bass control adjusts 100Hz by ±12dB and the Treble control adjusts 10kHz by ±12dB.
- Stereo/Bridge Mono: A rear-panel push-button lets you select either Stereo (button out) or Bridge Mono (button in) for the output.
- Power: A rocker-switch is provided for powering the unit on/off.
- Power LED: Lights green when the unit is on.
- Clip LEDs: Right and Left Clip LEDs will light red indicating the signal on that channel is clipping.
Rear Panel Controls:
- DIP Switch Matrix: A 6-switch matrix allows individual assignment of the Priority (Talk Over)
feature and Phantom power features.
- Mic 1 Priority: When on, this allows Mic 2 and Sources 1&2 to be muted or "ducked" when a signal is present on Mic 1. Source 3 is left un-muted.
- Source 3 Priority: When on, Source 1&2 will be muted or "ducked" when signals are present on Source 3.
- Phantom Power: Two DIP switches can activate +12VDC of phantom power to the two Mic Inputs, for connecting condenser microphones.
- Source 1 Mono: This sums the Left and Right RCA inputs of Source 1 into dual mixed-mono inputs.
- Mono/Stereo: This DIP switch allows the both output channels of the MA2152 to be a summed to a mono signal, output from both left and right speaker channels.
- Inputs: 5
- Input Connections: (2) XLR, (3) RCA
- Input Impedance:
- Mic (balanced): 600O
- RCA (unbalanced): 22kO
- Insert 1/4": 22kO
- Speaker Outputs: (4) Binding posts
- Output Power:
- 70V: 200W
- 8O: 70W RMS (stereo), 200W (bridged)
- 4O: 100W RMS (stereo)
- Audio Outputs:
- Record Out: (1 Pr.) RCA
- Amp Output Inserts: (2) 1/4" TRS
- Maximum Input Level:
- Mic: -14dB
- Source (RCA): 24dB
- Insert: 24dBV
- Phantom Power: +12VDC
- Maximum Gain:
- Mic: 60dBV
- Source: 26dBV
- S/N Ratio: 96dBV
- THD: <0.08% (1kHz @ 1W)
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 30kHz (±1dB)
- Power Requirements: 120VAC/60Hz, 2.5A
- Dimensions: W = 19.0", H = 3.50", D = 8.75"
- Weight: 12 lbs.