About the Rolls RM316
Get a free system design
Handy zone mixer
This mixer lets you provide background music and paging to up to three zones, with individual volume control for each source and each zone. Mic priority automatically "ducks" background music when an announcement is made. The mixer features three unbalanced RCA inputs and three balanced XLR inputs. A mono RCA "music on hold" output sums the stereo signal from RCA input 1.
- control up to three zones of audio
- three unbalanced RCA inputs for connecting sources
- three balanced XLR mic/line inputs
- background music automatically "ducks" down when an announcement is made
- mono unbalanced RCA output for music on hold (source 1)
- three balanced outputs with five-pin Euroblock connectors
- individual volume control for each source and each zone
- six DIP switches for selecting phantom power, mic priority and zone assignment
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-1/4"D (rack space: 1U)
- weight: 7 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RM316
What's in the box:
- Three zone mixer
- Three 5-pin Euroblock connectors (pre-attached to rear panel)
- 59" DC Power cord (output: 15VDC/500mA)
- Instruction sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rolls RM316
Overview: The Rolls RM316 Three Zone Mixer combines 3 XLR inputs (line- or mic-level signals) with 3 RCA audio input sources and can output each to any combination of 3 zone outputs. Outputs consist of balanced Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors for running line-level signals to an outboard amplifier (sold separately). Microphone inputs can be used for paging and feature selectable ducking for each zone. Each output connector includes terminals for adding an optional remote volume controls (sold separately) for each zone.
- XLR: Three rear-panel balanced XLR jacks can accept either microphone- or line-level signals. Push-button switches for each input jack allow selection of either signal type. Phantom power can be individually applied to each mic input, for use with condenser type microphones.
- RCA: Three pairs of rear-panel, unbalanced RCA jacks can accept pre-amp signals from consumer audio devices such as CD players, satellite tuners, or digital media players.
- 1/8": A front-panel 1/8" audio input jack is provided that's internally connected to Source Input 3. This can be used for plugging in the headphone output from a smartphone, tablet, or portable audio player.
- Euroblock: Three 5-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors provide the audio output for the 3 zones. Each connector includes 2 pins for running the line-level output signal to an amplifier. Three additional pins are included for connecting an optional remote-level control (not included), letting you control each zone's volume from that location. A volume potentiometer between 10-100k ohms can be used (a linear pot is recommended).
- Music On Hold (MOH): A single rear-panel RCA jack can be used for Music On Hold. This takes audio signals from Source Input 1, sums them to mono, and provides a continual output from the Music On Hold jack, regardless of any switch setting on the mixer.
Front Panel Controls:
- Mic 1-3/Source 1-3: Six sets of front-panel rotary controls are provided for the Inputs, Mic 1-3 and
Source 1-3, with each having the following:
- Level: Adjusts the signal level for that Input (range: 1-10).
- Zone Selectors: Three color-coded push-buttons let you quickly select a playback zone for that Input. Input signals can be assigned to any or all three Zones. Corresponding LEDs for each light to indicate which Zones are assigned.
- Master Volume: Three rotary Level controls are provided for adjusting the volume in each Zone (range: 1-10).
- Power: Push-button for powering unit on/off.
- Power LED: Lights green when unit is powered on.
Rear Panel Controls:
- DIP Switch Matrix: A 6-switch matrix allows individual assignment of the Talk Over feature and
Phantom power features. Up=Off / Down=On.
- Talk Over 1-3: These 3 DIP switches determine which of the 3 Output Zones will get muted or "ducked" when a signal is present on any of the 3 Mic Inputs.
- Phantom Power: These 3 DIP switches can activate +15VDC of phantom power to that corresponding Mic Input, when connecting a condenser microphone.
- Mic/Line: Each of the 3 Mic Inputs has a corresponding push-button for selecting the input signal type, either Mic- or Line-level.
- Inputs: 6
- Input Connections: (3) XLR, (3) RCA
- Input Impedance:
- Mic (balanced): 600O
- Line (balanced): 10kO
- RCA (unbalanced): 10kO
- Outputs: 3
- Output Connectors: (3) 5-Pin Euroblock (Phoenix)
- Output Impedance: 50O Balanced
- Maximum Input Level:
- Mic: -30dB
- Source (RCA): +22dB
- Phantom Power: +15VDC
- Maximum Gain:
- Mic: 60dB
- Line: 30dB
- S/N Ratio: >75dB
- THD: <0.3%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (± 0dB)
- IMD (SMPTE): <0.3%
- CMRR: 60dB
- Power Supply: 15VDC
- Dimensions: W = 19.0", H = 1.750", D = 6.24"
- Weight: 7 lbs.