About the Rolls RM424
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
A versatile four-zone mixer
This mixer lets you provide background music and paging to up to four zones, with individual volume control for each source and each zone. Mic priority automatically "ducks" background music when an announcement is made. The mixer features two balanced XLR mic/line inputs and two unbalanced RCA inputs for additional sources. Euroblock connectors let you add individual remote volume control for each zone.
- control up to four zones of audio
- mic 1: balanced XLR input with switchable mic/line level
- mic/channel 2: balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA input with switchable mic/line level
- two additional unbalanced RCA inputs for connecting sources
- front-panel master volume control knobs for each source
- color-coded buttons for zone assignment and monitoring
- master volume control knobs for each zone on front panel
- 3.5mm input
- four balanced XLR zone outputs
- five-pin Euroblock connectors for remote volume control
- built-in front-panel speaker and 1/4" headphone output for signal monitoring
- switchable 48-volt phantom power available for channels 1 & 2
- background music automatically "ducks" down when an announcement is made
- six DIP switches for selecting phantom power, mic priority and zone assignment
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-1/4"D (rack space: 1U)
- weight: 7 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RM424
What's in the box:
- Four zone mixer
- Two 5-pin Euroblock connectors (installed)
- 59" DC Power cord (output: 15VDC/500mA)
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rolls RM424
Overview: The Rolls RM424 Four Zone Mixer combines 2 XLR inputs (line- or mic-level) with 3 RCA audio input sources and can output each to any combination of 4 output zones. Outputs consist of balanced XLR connectors for running line-level signals to an outboard amplifier (sold separately). Microphone inputs can be used for paging and feature selectable ducking for each zone. Each output zone includes Euroblock (Phoenix) terminals for adding optional remote volume controls (sold separately).
- XLR: Two rear-panel balanced XLR jacks can accept either microphone- or line-level signals. Push-button switches for each input allow selection of either signal type. +48V of phantom power can be individually applied to each mic input when using condenser-type microphones. Inputs 1 & 2 each include a push-button for selecting either Line- or Mic-level.
- RCA: Three pairs of rear-panel, unbalanced RCA jacks can accept pre-amp signals from consumer audio devices such as CD players, satellite tuners, or digital media players.
- 1/8": A front-panel 1/8" (3.5mm) audio input jack is provided that's internally connected to Source Input 3. This can be used for plugging in the headphone output from a smartphone, tablet, or portable audio player.
- XLR: Four balanced XLR connectors provide the line-level audio output for each of the 4 zones. Two 5-pin Euroblock connectors let you connect an optional remote level control (not included), letting you control each zone's volume from that location. A linear volume potentiometer between 10-100k ohms can be used.
- Monitor: A front panel 3.5mm stereo headphone output, along with a built-in front panel speaker, lets you monitor each output zone's audio source. Corresponding Monitor buttons with each output let you quickly select each zone's source for monitoring. A single level-control adjusts the Monitor sound from both the internal speaker and a connected set of headphones.
Front Panel Controls:
- Zones 1-4: Four front-panel Zone sections each have the
- Level: Adjusts the signal level for that Input (range: 1-10).
- Zone Selectors: Five color-coded push-buttons let you quickly select a playback zone for that Input, as well as selecting that input signal for monitoring. Input signals can be assigned to any or all of the 4 Zones. Corresponding LEDs for each light to indicate which Zones are assigned.
- Master Volume: Four rotary Level controls are provided for adjusting the volume in each Zone (range: 1-10).
- Power: Push-button for powering unit on/off.
- Power LED: Lights green when unit is powered on.
Rear Panel Controls:
- DIP Switch Matrix: A 6-switch matrix allows individual
assignment of the Talk Over and Phantom power features. Up=Off / Down=On.
- Talk Over 1-4: These 4 DIP switches determine which of the 4 Output Zones will get muted or "ducked" when a signal is present on mic Inputs 1 or 2.
- Phantom Power: These 2 DIP switches can activate +48VDC of phantom power to Mic Inputs 1 & 2, when connecting a condenser microphone.
- Mic/Line: Both of the Mic Inputs (1 & 2) have a corresponding push-button for selecting the signal type: Mic- or Line-level.
- Inputs: 4
- Input Connections: (2) XLR, (3) RCA
- Input Impedance:
- Mic (balanced): 600Ω
- Line (balanced): 10kΩ
- RCA (unbalanced): 10kΩ
- Outputs: 4
- Output Connectors: (4) Balanced XLR
- Output Impedance: 50Ω Balanced
- Maximum Input Level:
- Mic: -30dB
- Source (RCA): +22dB
- Phantom Power: +48VDC
- Maximum Gain:
- Mic: 60dB
- Line: 30dB
- S/N Ratio: >75dB
- THD: <0.3%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (± 0dB)
- IMD (SMPTE): <0.3%
- CMRR: 60dB
- Power Supply: 15VDC
- Dimensions: W = 19.0", H = 1.750", D = 6.21"
- Weight: 7 lbs.