About the Rolls RS81B
The rack-mountable Rolls RS81B lets you add terrestrial radio to your commercial sound system. It features up to 30 AM or FM presets for saving favorite stations, and a handy LED meter that indicates signal strength at a glance. The tuner's large LCD display shows RDS (Radio Data System) information when it is available.
You can connect the tuner to a mixer or preamp via balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA outputs. A 1/8" output with dedicated volume control lets you plug in a pair of headphones for private monitoring.
- up to 30 AM and FM presets
- presets are retained when power is turned off
- large LCD digital display with RDS (Radio Data System) information
- auto search locates available stations
- FM tuning range: 87.5-108MHz
- AM tuning range: 530-1710 kHz (10 kHz increments)
- LED meter indicates signal strength
- stereo separation: 28dB
- selectable mono/stereo operation
- remote included
- balanced stereo XLR output
- unbalanced stereo RCA output
- front panel 1/8" TRS output for headphones
- dedicated headphone level adjustment dial
- barrel connector for FM antenna
- spring clips for FM loop antenna
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 10"D (1-7/8"H with feet)
- 7.1 lbs.
- 1U rack space
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RS81B
What's in the box:
- Rack-mount AM/FM tuner
- IR Remote control (installed CR2025 battery)
- 71" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- AM Loop antenna (attached 33" bare-ended wire)
- 79" FM dipole antenna
- Two 300 ohm to 75 ohm adapters
- 2' Stereo RCA patch cord
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rolls RS81B
Overview: The Rolls RS81B is a professional full-featured AM/FM digital tuner in a single rack-space, designed for commercial and educational applications. It features both automatic and manual tuning and can store up to 30 favorite station presets.
Tuner: The RS81B features a PLL (Phase Lock Loop) Quartz Synthesizer AM/FM Tuner with RDS. Stations can be tuned in either Automatically or Manually and can be stored in one of 30 station memory presets.
- RDS: The tuner is RDS (Radio Data System) compatible and can display additional broadcast information such as the name of the station and the name of the program. Both an AM loop antenna and an FM wire antenna are included with the tuner.
- PTY (Program Type Search): This feature lets you to search for broadcast types like News, Weather, Sports, Music genres, and more.
- TA (Traffic Announcement): This will automatically search for and stop on "traffic" or "travel" stations that are broadcasting RDS information.
- FM Frequency Range: 87.5 MHz - 108 MHz
- AM Frequency Range: 530 kHz - 1710 kHz (10kHz increments)
Controls: Operation of the AM/FM tuner can be done from the front-panel controls or the included wireless IR remote control. Controls on both include; number buttons for accessing the 30 station presets, Tuning +/- buttons, a Memory button for storing stations, Band, a Stereo/Mono button, and a Display button for accessing any RDS information. Stations can be "scan-searched" or their frequency directly entered using Direct mode. A front-panel signal strength meter will indicate the general strength of an incoming FM or AM signal.
Outputs: The RS81B includes a stereo pair of balanced XLR jacks and a pair of unbalanced RCA jacks for outputting the signal to an amplifier, mixing board, or receiver.
Headphone: A front-panel 3.5mm (1/8") headphone output is provided, along with a Headphone Level control.
Sleep: This feature allows the tuner to automatically stop playing and power off after a pre-determined amount of time. The Sleep time can be increased/decreased in 10 minute increments up to a maximum delay time of 90 minutes.
Mounting: The RS81B comes ready for table-top or shelf mounting, but can be rack-mounted if desired using the built-in rack-ears. The 4 feet can be removed for rack mounting, making the tuner a standard 1U (1.75") in height.
Voltage Selection&Powering: A rear-panel slide switch is used to change the voltage selection for the internal power supply, depending on the country the tuner will be used in. Choices are 115V (110-120V) and 230V (220-240V). A rear-panel, dual set-screw wire input (+24VDC) is provided as an optional method of powering the tuner when AC Mains power isn't available. A +24VDC power supply (sold separately) will be required.
- FM Section:
- FM Frequency Range (US): 87.5 MHz - 108 MHz
- Image Rejection: 53dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (@ 1mV Mono): 52dB
- Distortion (Mono/Stereo): < 0.3%
- Stereo Separation: 28 dB
- Auto Scan Sensitivity: 23dB
- Antenna Input Impedance: 75Ω
- AM Section:
- AM Frequency Range (US): 520 kHz - 1710 kHz
- AM Frequency Range (Europe): 522 kHz - 1611kHz
- Usable Sensitivity: 28dB
- Auto Scan Sensitivity: 41dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (@5mV/M): 46dB
- Image Rejection: 42dB
- Input Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: Width - 19.0", Height - 1.83" (1.75" w/feet removed), Depth - 10.0" (incl. power cord)
- Weight: 7.1 lbs.