About the Alcidae Tracer
See all the action
The Tracer has a micro USB port and AC wall adapter for power.
See all the action
Sometimes when I check the live view of my home camera, my dogs are just out of the frame. I want to see what they're up to, but my camera is fixed — it can only face in one direction. If I had this Alcidae Tracer, that would not be a problem.
You can remotely control the camera's pan function using Alcidae's mobile app. Or set it to automatically follow anything that moves through its field of vision (dogs, for example).
Live view can be accessed for free anytime, but if you want to view recorded footage later you'll need use the microSD card slot (memory card not included) or pay for a cloud subscription.
The Tracer has two-way talk, which is a must-have for me. I love being able to say hello to my dogs when I'm away from home (especially if they are up to something).
- wireless HD indoor security camera with motorized pan function
- detects motion and quietly moves to track it
- 360° rotation range
- 150° wide-angle lens
- 1080p full HD streaming and recording
- IR night vision lets you see in the dark
- hinge lets you manually adjust the tilt angle
- connects to your home's Wi-Fi network
- free mobile app features:
- two-way talk
- Quick Touch Guidance makes it easy to remotely control camera panning
- enable mobile alerts when sound or movement is detected
- 24/7 live stream access
- cloud storage subscription (sold separately) allows you to view recorded footage
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa or Google Home devices
- microSDXC memory card slot for optional on-camera storage (card sold separately)
- micro USB port and AC wall adapter for power
- wall-mount bracket included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HQC002
What's in the box:
- Motion-tracking Wi-Fi camera
- Mounting bracket
- 79" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- AC adapter with USB output port (DC Output: 5V 1000mA)
- 2 Mounting screws (Length 1")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- Instruction Manual
Alcidae Tracer reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Alcidae Tracer
Overview: The Alcidae Tracer is a versatile Wi-Fi camera that you can use for home surveillance, or as a pet or baby monitor. The Tracer features 360° automatic rotation and motion tracking, so you can keep an eye on the entire room. The camera features Full HD 1080p video and two-way audio, and comes with an AC adapter and a USB power cable. Tracer is for indoor use only.
Motorized 360° Rotation: The Tracer has a motorized base that can rotate the camera a full 360°. (The tilting action is manual only.) This provides unlimited access to almost all areas of the room. Using the Alcidae mobile app, you can touch the pre-scanned portion of the room that you'd like to see, and the camera will quickly and quietly rotate to that position. Motion tracking technology gives the camera the ability to identify and track any movement in the room. In the Alcidae app, you can turn motion tracking on or off as desired.
Camera Specifications: The Tracer is equipped with a wide angle lens that provides a 150° viewing angle. It uses IR and ambient light sensors that support Night Vision up to 32 feet. The camera delivers 1080p Full HD video to your smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz) with WEP/WAP/WAP2 security protocol. In addition, the Tracer works with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant.
Alcidae App: The Alcidae App lets you view a video stream or recorded video from the Tracer in real time on your smartphone or tablet. Two-way audio from the camera to your smartphone is also possible. In the app, you can set up your camera to notify you in the event of a motion or sound detection event. The Alcidae app is available for Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 8.0 or later) and Android (version 4.1 and up) devices.
Cloud Service: Alcidae offers secure and convenient Danale Cloud Storage for your video recordings of motion and sound detection events. For $5.00 per month, you get 24-hour daily recording, and storage for up to 7 continuous days. After 7 days, the video storage begins to overwrite the oldest data. The recorded footage can be saved and shared, if desired.
microSD Card Slot: The Alcidae Tracer features a microSD card slot for storing your video footage for later viewing. The slot supports microSD cards up to 64 GB.
Power: The camera is powered by USB power (5 volts 1000mA), supplied by the included AC adapter and 79" USB cable.
Mounting: The Tracer is attached to a motorized base which can be placed on a tabletop or shelf, or mounted to the wall or ceiling with the included bracket.
2 questions already asked