About the Shure BLX 288/B58
Twice the freedom
Twice the freedom
Shure's BLX family of wireless systems is designed to set you free onstage. The BLX288/B58 package includes two Beta 58A wireless microphones and the BLX88 dual-channel receiver, giving two vocalists freedom of movement and Shure sound quality.
Shure's QuickScan technology makes it simple to set up the BLX288/B58's transmitter and receiver. Press the Group button on one receiver channel and it scans for the clearest group and channel. Then just set a transmitter to the same group and channel settings. Repeat the process for the other channel and transmitter and you're ready to go. The Groups and Channels can also be set manually. You can run up to 12 systems on the same frequency band simultaneously depending on channel availability and RF environment.
The BLX288 receiver offers XLR and 1/4" outputs to connect to your PA or other amplification. With an operating range of up to 300 feet, two vocalists will have ample room to roam the stage. The system's BLX2/B58 transmitters feature Shure's Beta 58A microphone capsules, long recognized as vocal mic that excels in high-volume situations because it offers superior noise rejection and a shaped frequency response that reduces bass to control proximity effect. The transmitters include a gain control, on/off switch, and a power/battery status LED indicator light. Two AA batteries give you up to 14 hours of running time.
When considering a wireless system, you'll want to pick the frequency band with the least interference from local TV stations. Shure's Wireless Frequency Finder will show you the TV stations in your area, along with a list of recommended channels. Choose the frequency band that gives you the most open channels.
- dual-channel wireless system with two Beta 58A mics
- package also includes BLX88 dual-channel receiver
- operating range: 300' (line of sight)
- transmitter LED indicates battery status
- simultaneous operation of up to 12 systems (band and RF dependent)
- locking transmitter and receiver controls
- H11 frequency band (572-596 MHz)
- receiver XLR and 1/4" outputs
- frequency response: 50-15,000 Hz
- gain adjustment range: 10 dB
- BLX2/B58: 2-1/8" diameter x 8-7/8" length
- BLX88: 12-3/16"L x 4"W x 1-1/2"D
BLX88: 15.1 oz.
- BLX2/B58: 7.7 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BLX288/B58-H11
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure BLX 288/B58