About the Shure BETA 52A
High output BETA Series mics
High output BETA Series mics
Shure has been setting the standard for audio for over 80 years. They engineered their BETA® Series mics to provide powerful output and resistance to feedback, and their rugged construction ensures they'll stand up to the tough conditions you'll find on the road.
Built for the kick drum
The locking stand adapter makes it easy to place the BETA 52A.
Shure designed the BETA 52A to capture the full attack and punch of kick drums and other bass instruments, even when sound presure levels are high. The mic's modified supercardioid pattern rejects unwanted sound and limits feedback issues. The BETA 52A is built like a tank, with a hardened steel mesh grille, a locking stand adapter, and an integrated XLR connector.
- designed for kick drum, bass guitar, and other low-frequency instruments
- high-output dynamic microphone
- supercardioid pattern for superior noise rejection and high gain before feedback
- dynamic locking stand adapter with integral male XLR connector
- pneumatic shock mount system rejects external noise and vibration
- hardened steel mesh grille
- frequency response: 20-10,000 Hz
- sensitivity: -64 dBV/Pa
- output impedance: 150 ohms
- maximum SPL: 174 dB
- weight: 1.35 lbs
- male XLR connector
- storage bag
- 5/8" to 3/8" thread adapter
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BETA 52A
What's in the box:
- Beta 52A Supercardioid dynamic kick drum microphone
- 5/8"-to-3/8" Thread adapter
- Locking ring
- Zippered storage bag
- Hook-and-loop cable tie
- User Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Warnings and Safety Instructions
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure BETA 52A
Features & specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure Beta 52A is a professional quality microphone that is designed for kick drums, bass amps, and other low-frequency performance and recording. It features an integrated mount with a 180° swivel joint and quick release lever for fast and easy positioning. The Beta 52A comes with a thread adapter and a zippered storage pouch. No cables are included.
Pickup Pattern: The Beta 52A has a supercardioid polar pattern for high gain before feedback and rejection of unwanted background noise. The tailored microphone cartridge is designed specifically for low-frequency clarity.
Construction: The microphone has a silver-blue enamel-coated die-cast metal body that resists wear and abuse. The hardened-steel mesh grill resists dents and can be replaced, if necessary. Its advanced pneumatic shock mount minimizes the transfer of mechanical noise and vibration.
Mounting: The Beta 52A comes with an integrated swiveling mount with a 5/8" thread. The mount lets you tilt the microphone 180° forward or backward. It has a quick-release lever that allows you to quickly and easily position the microphone.
Connector: The Shure Beta 52A has a 3-pin male XLR connector that is integrated into the base. No microphone cable is included in this package.
- Type: Dynamic (Moving Coil)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 10 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 Ω
- Maximum SPL: 174 dB (1 kHz at 1% THD, 1 kΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -64 dBV/Pa (0.6 mV)
- Dimensions: 3.75" diameter, 4.451" length, 6.406" height (including stand adapter)
- Weight: 21.6 ounces