About the Shure BLX188/CVL
Shure's BLX188/CVL wireless lavalier system includes two CVL lavalier microphones, two BLX1 bodypack transmitters, and the BLX88 dual-channel receiver. This package offers discreet amplification and freedom of movement when you need multiple mics for instructors, educators, or any speakers who don't want to be tethered to stationary mics onstage.
Easy start up
It's simple to set up the system's transmitters and the receiver. Press the Group button on the receiver and it automatically scans for the clearest group and channel. Then just set the transmitter to the same group and channel settings and you're ready to go. You can also set the Group and Channel manually, plus you can run up to 12 systems simultaneously depending on channel availability and RF environment.
Set and forget
The CVL lavalier microphone offers unobtrusive miking for spoken-word applications, while the BLX1 bodypack transmitter completes a light and portable wireless solution. The BLX188/CVL system offers understated appearance and freedom of movement, delivering Shure sound quality in a simple package.
When considering a wireless system, you'll want to pick the frequency band with the least interference from local TV stations. Shure's Wireless Frequency Finder will show you the TV stations in your area, along with a list of recommended channels. Choose the frequency band that gives you the most open channels.
- dual wireless lavalier mic system
- package includes:
- two BLX1 bodypack transmitters
- BLX88 dual-channel receiver
- operating range: 300' (line of sight)
- two CVL lavalier electret condenser microphones for spoken word applications
- batteries, cables, windscreens, and clips
- transmitter LED indicates battery status
- locking transmitter and receiver controls
- receiver XLR and 1/4" outputs
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- gain adjustment range: 26 dB
- BLX1 transmitter: 4.33"H x 2.52"W x 0.83"D
- BLX88 receiver: 1.5"H x 12.125 W x 4.6"D
- BLX1: 2.6 oz
- BLX88: 15.1 oz
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BLX188/CVL-H10
What's in the box:
- BLX88 Receiver
- 2 BLX1 Transmitter packs
- 2 CVL lavalier microphones w/attached 52" cord
- 4 Mic windscreens
- 2 Lapel-clips
- AC Adapter w/attached 6' AC and 6' DC cords
- 4 AA Batteries
- Owner's manual
- Warranty information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure BLX188/CVL
Overview: The Shure BLX188/CVL is a dual channel wireless lavalier microphone system operating in the H10 frequency band (542 - 572 MHz). The system includes two CVL lavalier microphones with two BLX1 bodypack transmitters and a BLX88 dual channel receiver with microprocessor controlled internal antenna diversity. It's One-touch QuickScan frequency selection will quickly locate the best frequency and you can operate up to 12 compatible systems per frequency band (depending upon your region) with a range of up to 300 feet. The Shure BLX188/CVL combines professional-quality sound with a simple and intuitive interface, making it ideal for lectures, presentations, and conferences.
CVL Microphones: Included with the BLX188/CVL system are two CVL lavalier microphones. These discreet tie- or lapel-worn condenser mics feature a cardioid polar pattern, with excellent off-axis rejection for higher gain-before-feedback when used with a stage monitor, and a tailored frequency response of 60Hz - 12kHz. Also included are two windscreens and an attached 52" cord with locking TQG connector for a solid attachment to the transmitter pack.
BLX1 Transmitters: The two included BLX1 bodypack transmitters feature an easy-access On/Off switch and LED power indicator on their top section. A fold-down cover allows access to the Group and Channel selection buttons, along with a 2-character LCD display and a Gain adjustment dial. This section also holds the 2 included AA batteries, providing up to 14 hours of use. Each transmitter has a convenient clip for attaching to a belt or pocket.
BLX88 Receiver: The BLX88 Dual Wireless Receiver features one-touch QuickScan frequency selection to help you find the best open frequency for less interference. You can also manually change the group and channel assignments, if needed. The rear-panel includes dual XLR mic-level and dual 1/4" instrument-level output jacks. The BLX88 is simple to set up, and has a microprocessor-controlled internal diversity antenna system. Each channel has two LED indicators. The audio LED indicates the strength of the incoming signal, and glows green for normal and red for overload. The ready LED indicates the system is ready for use and receiving the transmitter signal. It is powered by the supplied 12-volt DC power supply.
- Operating Frequency Band: 542 - 572MHz
- Frequency Response (CVL): 60Hz - 12kHz
- Maximum SPL (CVL): 139 dB
- Output Impedance (CVL): 600Ω
- Gain Adjustment Range (BLX1): 26dB
- RF Transmitter Output (BLX1): 10mW, typical
- BLX88: Width - 12.125", Height - 1.50", Depth - 4.60", Weight - 15.1 ounces
- CVL: Diameter - 0.51", Length - 1.088", Weight - 0.88 ounces
- BLX1: Width - 2.52", Height - 4.33", Depth - 0.83", Weight - 2.6 ounces