About the Shure BLX 14R/W85
Freedom of movement
Freedom of movement
Shure's BLX14R/W85 wireless system includes the WL185 lavalier microphone, a BLX1 bodypack transmitter, and the BLX4R single-channel receiver. This package will connect you to your PA system, while giving you the freedom of movement you need to perform at your best.
It's simple to set up the system's transmitter and receiver. Press the Group button on the receiver and it automatically scans for the clearest group and channel. Then just set the transmitter to the same group and channel settings and you're ready to go. You can also set the Group and Channel manually, plus you can run up to 12 systems simultaneously depending on channel availability and RF environment.
The BLX4R receiver features a multi-function LCD display and audio status LED indicator lights that allow you to monitor the audio level. Its output level control lets you match the receiver's output to your system. XLR and 1/4" connectors give you multiple options when connecting to a PA. Rack-mount adapters are included so you can integrate the system into your PA setup.
Great sound and comfort
The WL185 lavalier electret condenser microphone features a unidirectional cardioid polar pattern for superior noise rejection, along with a foam windscreen to cut down on wind and breath noise. The package includes a tie clip mount which is rotatable in 90° increments to give you flexibility when attaching the mic. Its understated appearance keeps the focus on you and not your equipment.
Light weight and long life
The BLX1 bodypack transmitter completes a light and portable wireless solution. Two AA batteries provide up to 14 hours operating time. Power and battery status LEDs keep you informed, and an adjustable gain control helps keep your signal clear.
The BLX14R/WL93 system offers understated appearance and freedom of movement, delivering Shure sound quality in a simple package.
When considering a wireless system, you'll want to pick the frequency band with the least interference from local TV stations. Shure's Wireless Frequency Finder will show you the TV stations in your area, along with a list of recommended channels. Choose the frequency band that gives you the most open channels.
- package includes:
- WL185 lavalier microphone
- BLX1 bodypack transmitter
- BLX4R single-channel receiver
- also includes mounting hardware, cables, carrying bag
- operating range: 300' (line of sight)
- battery life: up to 14 hours with 2 AA batteries
- transmitter LED indicates battery status
- locking transmitter and receiver controls
- receiver outputs: XLR and 1/4"
- frequency response: 50-15,000 Hz
- gain adjustment range: 26 dB
- BLX1: 4-3/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 15/16"D
- BLX4R: 7-13/16"W x 1-5/8"H x 7-3/8"D (without rack mount adapters)
- BLX1: 2.6 oz.
- BLX4R: 8.5 ounces. (without rack mount adapters)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BLX14R/W85-H9
What's in the box:
- BLX4R Single-channel receiver (H9 frequency band)
- BLX1 Bodypack transmitter
- WL185 Lavalier microphone with attached 48" cable (TA4F plug)
- 2 Foam windscreens
- Clothing clip
- Short rackmount arm
- Long rackmount arm
- Two 4.5" 1/4-wave receiver antennas (male BNC terminal)
- Two 21" antenna cables (male BNC terminals on each end)
- 2 Female BNC couplers (female BNC terminals on each end)
- 2 Internal star lock washers
- 2 Hex lock nuts
- 4 Rubber washers
- Hardware pack (2 Hole-plugs / 4 Plastic washers / Four 20mm screws / Eight 12mm screws)
- PS24US Power supply w/ attached 73" DC cable & 74" AC cable (12VDC/400mA output)
- 2 AA batteries
- Zippered storage bag
- BLX4R User Guide
- WL185 Guide
- Limited Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure BLX 14R/W85
Overview: The Shure BLX14R/W85 Wireless Microphone System consists of the BLX4R rack mount wireless receiver, a WL185 lavalier microphone, and a BLX1 bodypack transmitter. You can operate up to 12 compatible systems per frequency band (depending upon your region). The system operates on the H9 frequency band (512 to 542 MHz), and has a transmitting range of approximately 300 feet.
BLX4R: The BLX4R rack mount wireless receiver features one-touch QuickScan frequency selection to help you find the best open frequency for less interference. You can also manually change the group and channel assignments, if needed. It has an XLR mic-level output, as well as a 1/4" instrument-level output jack. The BLX4R is simple to set up, and has a microprocessor-controlled internal diversity antenna system with two removable 1/4-wave antennas. It has two LED indicators: an Audio LED to indicate the strength of the incoming signal (glows green for normal and red for overload), and a Ready LED to indicate the system is ready for use and receiving the transmitter signal. The BLX4R has an LCD display with detailed RF and audio metering. It is powered by the supplied 12-volt DC power supply, and comes with hardware to rack mount the receiver in a 1U rack space. For better reception when rack-mounting, hardware and extension cables are included to locate the antennas on the front of the rack-mounting brackets.
WL185 Lavalier Mic: The WL185 lavalier condenser microphone is ideal for speeches, presentations, and other live applications. The mic is unobtrusive, and can be attached to your clothing. Its unidirectional cardioid polar pattern provides excellent off-axis rejection for higher gain-before-feedback when used with a stage monitor. The WL185 comes with two foam windscreens and a clothing clip to keep the cable secure. The 48" cable is terminated by a 4-pin TA4F connector that plugs into the BLX1 bodypack transmitter.
BLX1: The WL185 microphone is paired with a BLX1 bodypack transmitter. It is powered by 2 "AA" alkaline batteries (included), which provide approximately 14 hours of battery life. The BLX1 has independent group and channel buttons for easy setup. The transmitter has a convenient clip for attaching it to a belt or pocket.
- Operating Frequency: 512-542MHz
- Frequency Response:
- BLX4R Receiver/BLX1 Transmitter: 50-15,000 Hz
- WL185: 50-17,000 Hz
- Maximum SPL (WL185): 130.5 dB
- Output Impedance (WL185): 1800Ω
- Gain Adjustment Range (BLX1): 26dB
- RF Transmitter Output (BLX1): 10mW, typical
- BLX4R: Width: 7.755", Height: 1.646", Depth: 7.375", Weight: 8.5 ounces
- WL185: Diameter: 0.465", Length: 0.877"
- BLX1: Width: 2.52", Height: 4.33", Depth: 0.83", Weight: 2.6 ounces