About the Shure KSM9
The Shure KSM9 is a top choice for the demanding vocalist, whether on stage or in the studio. This durable condenser microphone delivers clear, detailed and nuanced sound reproduction, thanks to its quality construction.
Engineered to exacting standards for accurate sound reproduction
The KSM9 is a dual diaphragm design featuring two ultra-thin 24k gold-layered Mylar® diaphragms. The Mylar makes them extremely durable — and their low mass ensures accurate transient response. A built-in Class A preamplifier minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortion, while also eliminating crossover distortion.
A showcase for the voice
So how does the KSM9 sound? Clear and warm and natural, with exceptional consistency across all frequencies. An integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces breath sounds and "pops." And an advanced shock mount system reduces the transmission of motion noise, keeping sound reproduction clean and accurate.
- handheld condenser microphone designed for live performance and studio vocals
- selectable cardioid and supercardioid polar patterns
- dual ultra-thin low mass Mylar diaphragms for improved transient response
- built-in Class A preamplifier for minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortions
- advanced shock mount design to eliminate motion noise
- integrated three-stage pop protection grille
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 120 ohms
- sensitivity: -51 dBV/Pa
- max. SPL: 152 dB
- height: 7-1/2"; diameter: 1-15/16" (max.)
- weight: 10.6 oz.
- XLR connector
- requires 48-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- aluminum carrying case
- stand adapter
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KSM9HS
What's in the box:
- KSM9HS Hand-held microphone
- Stand adapter
- 5/8" to 3/8" thread adapter
- Zippered hardshell carry-case
- Owner's manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- Warranty information
- Safety precautions
Shure KSM9 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure KSM9
Features & specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure KSM9HS is a dual-pattern condenser microphone designed for studio use, but rugged enough for live applications. It features 2 selectable polar patterns, hypercardioid or subcardioid, making the mic flexible enough for a wide variety of vocal applications. As a premium vocal mic, the KSM9HS is designed to capture every detail and subtle articulation for precise vocal reproduction.
Polar Patterns: The KSM9HS features a polar pattern switch behind the removable windscreen that lets you select either a hypercardioid or subcardioid polar pattern.
- Hypercardioid: This setting is highly directional, with the greatest sensitivity at the front of the mic and maximum off-axis rejection at 110˚ on either side. This provides increased isolation in loud environments, while avoiding feedback.
- Subcardioid: This pickup pattern is directional, but with a wider pattern than the hypercardioid setting. The greatest sensitivity occurs in front of the mic, while maximum rejection occurs at 180˚ towards the rear of the mic. This lets you capture more room characteristics and detail in quiet environments.
Construction: Housed in a durable metal chassis with a removable metal-mesh windscreen, the KSM9HS is designed to withstand the rigors of live use. An advanced suspension shock mount system helps isolate the cartridge from handling and stand noise, while a built-in subsonic filter eliminates rumble and vibrations below 17Hz. The windscreen features integrated 3-stage "pop" protection to help reduce plosives, wind, and breath noise.
Electronics: The KSM9HS is constructed with premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors. Dual 3/4" gold-layered, low-mass Mylar diaphragms provide superior frequency response and proximity control, while a Class-A, discreet, transformerless preamplifier provides an extremely fast transient response with no crossover distortion. This also helps minimize harmonic and inter-modulation distortion, for transparent sound reproduction.
Proximity Effect: The dual-diaphragm design of the KSM9HS helps to control and minimize the proximity effect, resulting in a more uniform low-frequency response. This allows the performer to move closer or farther away from the mic with minimal changes in sound quality.
Phantom Power: Because the KSM9HS is a condenser microphone, it requires +48VDC phantom power for operation, but can still operate on as low as +11VDC.
Connection: The output connection is a gold plated, 3-pin, male XLR connector, that offers a balanced, low impedance output.
- Cartridge: Electret Condenser
- Polar Patterns: Hypercardioid & Subcardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 145Ω
- Sensitivity (1kHz; Pa=94dB SPL):
- Hypercardioid: -50.5dBV/Pa
- Subcardioid: -53.0dBV/Pa
- Signal to Noise:
- Hypercardioid: 73.3dB
- Subcardioid: 71.3dB
- Phantom Power: +48VDC
- Maximum SPL (1kHz @ 1kΩ):
- Hypercardioid: 150.9dB
- Subcardioid: 153.1dB
- Dimensions: Length: 7.54", Diameter: 1.92"
- Weight: 10.6 oz.