About the Shure MX418D/C
The Shure Microflex MX418D/C was designed for lecterns, podiums, pulpits, and other public speaking venues. The mic features an 18" flexible gooseneck stand, and includes its own desktop base. The mic's built-in shock mount helps isolate it from surface vibration noise. And its windscreen ensures pops and sibilants are minimized.
The mic has high sensitivity so it can capture speech clearly. And its balanced transformerless output resists electromagnetic hum and interference — even with long cable runs. Logic input and output terminals let you control the mic remotely or connect it to an automatic mic mixer.
- gooseneck microphone for podiums and lecterns
- cardioid polar pattern
- shock mount isolates mic from surface noise
- programmable on/off switch
- logic input and output terminals for remote control or use with automatic mic mixers
- frequency response: 50-17,000 Hz
- output impedance: 180 ohms
- height: 18" (max.)
- XLR connector
- requires 11 to 52-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- locking flange mount for permanent installation
- desktop base with 10-foot cable
- snap-fit foam windscreen
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX418D/C
What's in the box:
- Gooseneck microphone on desktop base with attached 10' cable (XLR plug)
- Foam windscreen
- User Guide
- Limited Warranty
- Warnings and Safety Precautions
- Online registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure MX418D/C
Features & specs
|Application||For live use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure Microflex MX418D is a professional quality Standard Gooseneck microphone on a desktop base that is designed for speaking environments, such as lecterns, pulpits, and courtrooms. It features an 18" gooseneck with a rigid sleeve, a Snap-Fit Foam Windscreen, and an attached 10' cable.
Condenser Microphone: The MX418D is an Electret Condenser microphone, and requires 11-52 VDC 2.0mA Phantom Power.
Pickup Pattern: The MX418D/C has an R185 Cardioid cartridge installed with a 130° wide polar pattern. Microflex microphone cartridges are interchangeable. You can purchase other cartridges from the manufacturer to change the polar pattern for different installations. Other available cartridges include the R183 Omnidirectional (360°), and R184 Supercardioid (115°).
Mute Button: The microphone features a touch-sensitive mute button with an LED indicator. There are DIP switches on the bottom of the base (under a removable cover) that allow you configure the operation of the mute button as follows:
- Momentary: Push-to-talk
- Momentary: Push-to-mute
- Toggle (push on/push off): Mic is active when powered on
- Toggle (push on/push off): Mic is muted when powered on
Permanent Mounting: The microphone is designed to placed on a lectern, pulpit, or stand. Two threaded screw holes in the bottom are provided for permanent installation, or to prevent theft. The screw holes are 2" apart, and require #6-32 screws (not supplied). The microphone should be placed within 6" to 12" of the desired sound source.
Connector: The MX418D has a 3-pin male XLR connector at the end of the attached 10' cable.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 17kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms (EIA rated)
- Sensitivity: -34 dBV/Pa (21 mV)
- Maximum SPL: 123dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65dB
- Dynamic Range: 94dB
- Microphone: Diameter 0.463 Length 1.5", Gooseneck 18"
- Base: Width 4.507", Height 2.198", Depth 6.277"
- Weight: 29.12 ounces