About the Shure MX418D/C
A flexible lectern mic with desktop base
A flexible lectern mic with desktop base
The Shure Microflex MX418D/C was designed for lecterns, podiums, pulpits, and other public speaking venues. The mic features an 18" flexible gooseneck stand, and includes its own desktop base. The mic's built-in shock mount helps isolate it from surface vibration noise. And its windscreen ensures pops and sibilants are minimized.
Cardioid polar pattern and swappable mic capsule
The MX418D/C includes a cardioid mic capsule with 130° polar pattern. This pattern helps reject off-axis sounds coming from the sides while picking up the voice of the speaker at the podium or lectern. The mic capsule is interchangeable — additional capsules with different pickup patterns are available from the manufacturer.
Includes a built-in mute button
There's a touch-sensitive mute button with LED indicator built into the included base. DIP switches on the bottom of the base let you set the button for push-to-talk, push-to-mute, and other configuration options. The mic's output is male three-pin XLR. Logic input and output terminals let you control the mic remotely or connect it to an automatic mic mixer.
- gooseneck microphone for podiums and lecterns
- 130° cardioid polar pattern
- shock mount isolates mic from surface noise
- programmable mute switch
- logic input and output terminals for remote control or use with automatic mic mixers
- configurable via DIP switches on bottom of base
- frequency response: 50-17,000 Hz
- output impedance: 150 ohms
- height: 18" (max.)
- XLR connector
- requires 11 to 52-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- locking flange mount for permanent installation
- desktop base with 10-foot cable
- snap-fit foam windscreen
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX418D/C
What's in the box:
- Gooseneck microphone on desktop base with attached 10' cable (XLR plug)
- Foam windscreen
- User Guide
- Limited Warranty
- Warnings and Safety Precautions
- Online registration card
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Shure MX418D/C
Features & specs
|Application||For live use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure Microflex MX418D is a professional quality Standard Gooseneck microphone on a desktop base that is designed for speaking environments, such as lecterns, pulpits, and courtrooms. It features an 18" gooseneck with a rigid sleeve, a Snap-Fit Foam Windscreen, and an attached 10' cable.
Condenser Microphone: The MX418D is an Electret Condenser microphone, and requires 11-52 VDC 2.0mA Phantom Power.
Pickup Pattern: The MX418D/C has an R185 Cardioid cartridge installed with a 130° wide polar pattern. Microflex microphone cartridges are interchangeable. You can purchase other cartridges from the manufacturer to change the polar pattern for different installations. Other available cartridges include the R183 Omnidirectional (360°), and R184 Supercardioid (115°).
Mute Button: The microphone features a touch-sensitive mute button with an LED indicator. There are DIP switches on the bottom of the base (under a removable cover) that allow you configure the operation of the mute button as follows:
- Momentary: Push-to-talk
- Momentary: Push-to-mute
- Toggle (push on/push off): Mic is active when powered on
- Toggle (push on/push off): Mic is muted when powered on
Permanent Mounting: The microphone is designed to placed on a lectern, pulpit, or stand. Two threaded screw holes in the bottom are provided for permanent installation, or to prevent theft. The screw holes are 2" apart, and require #6-32 screws (not supplied). The microphone should be placed within 6" to 12" of the desired sound source.
Connector: The MX418D has a 3-pin male XLR connector at the end of the attached 10' cable.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 17kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms (EIA rated)
- Sensitivity: -34 dBV/Pa (21 mV)
- Maximum SPL: 123dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65dB
- Dynamic Range: 94dB
- Microphone: Diameter 0.463 Length 1.5", Gooseneck 18"
- Base: Width 4.507", Height 2.198", Depth 6.277"
- Weight: 29.12 ounces