About the Shure Microflex® MX418/S
A flexible lectern mic
A flexible lectern mic
The Shure Microflex MX418/S was designed for lecterns, podiums, pulpits, and other public speaking venues. The mic features an 18" flexible gooseneck stand that can be permanently attached to a tabletop. The mic's built-in shock mount helps isolate it from surface vibration noise. And its windscreen ensures pops and sibilants are minimized.
Supercardioid polar pattern and swappable mic capsule
The MX418/S includes a supercardioid mic capsule with a tight 115° polar pattern. This pattern reject off-axis sounds coming from the sides while picking up the voice of the speaker at the podium or lectern. The mic capsule is interchangeable — additional capsules with different pickup patterns are available from the manufacturer.
Includes a built-in mic preamp
The mic's output is male three-pin XLR. An attached preamplifier at the base of the gooseneck allows you to reduce the gain by 12dB if necessary (requires internal modification with supplied Allen wrench).
- gooseneck microphone for podiums and lecterns
- 115° supercardioid polar pattern
- shock mount isolates mic from surface noise
- includes mic preamp attached to gooseneck
- gain can be reduced by 12dB (internal modification to circuit board required, using supplied 1mm Allen wrench)
- frequency response: 50-17,000 Hz
- output impedance: 150 ohms
- height: 18" (max.)
- XLR connector
- requires 11 to 52-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- locking flange mount for permanent installation
- snap-fit foam windscreen
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX418/S
What's in the box:
- Shure MX418/S Gooseneck microphone
- Mounting flange (with retainer ring)
- Shock Mount assembly
- Foam windscreen
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- 1mm Allen wrench
- User Guide
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure Microflex® MX418/S
Features & specs
|Application||For live use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure Microflex MX418/S is a professional quality Standard Gooseneck microphone that is designed for speaking environments, such as lecterns, pulpits, and courtrooms. It features an 18" gooseneck with a rigid sleeve, a Snap-Fit Foam Windscreen, a Shock Mount, and a Mounting flange. No cables are included.
Condenser Microphone: The MX418/S is an electret condenser microphone, and requires 11-52 VDC 2.0mA Phantom Power.
Pickup Pattern: The MX418/S has an R184B supercardioid cartridge installed with a 115° wide polar pattern. Microflex microphone cartridges are interchangeable. You can purchase other cartridges from the manufacturer to change the polar pattern for different installations. Other available cartridges include the R183 Omnidirectional (360°), and R185 cardioid (130°).
Adjustable Preamp Gain: The MX418/S includes an attached preamplifier at the base of the gooseneck. The preamplifier gain can be reduced by 12dB, if necessary. This involves internal modifications to the circuit board with the supplied 1mm Allen wrench. You should consult an authorized Shure service center for more information prior to making any modifications.
Permanent Mounting: The microphone is designed to surface mount in a hole in the lectern, pulpit, or stand. The MX418/S comes with a shock mount which requires a 1-3/4" diameter hole. The shock mount provides over 20dB isolation from surface vibration noise. The supplied mounting flange requires drilling a 13/16" hole for inserting the preamplifier. A locking ring holds the microphone securely in place inside the mounting flange. The microphone should be placed within 6" to 12" of the desired sound source.
Connector: The MX418/S has a 3-pin male XLR connector at the end of the preamplifier. No microphone cable is included in this package.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 17kHz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms (EIA rated)
- Sensitivity: -33.5 dBV/Pa (18 mV)
- Maximum SPL: 122.7dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 67.5dB
- Dynamic Range: 96.2dB
- Dimensions: Base diameter - 0.79", Mic diameter - 0.46", Length (overall) - 22.50"
- Weight: 6.2 ounces