About the Shure Microflex® MX418S
Perfect mic for public speaking
Perfect mic for public speaking
The Shure Microflex MX418S is ideal for mounting on a lectern or podium — anywhere a speaker needs to be heard loud and clear. The mic's supercardioid pattern is highly directional, so it rejects off-axis sound.
A flexible 18" gooseneck is included, with a base that can be permanently attached to a surface. The mic's built-in shock mount helps isolate it from surface vibration noise. And its windscreen ensures pops and sibilants are minimized.
The mic has a high sensitivity so it can capture speech clearly. And its balanced transformerless output resists electromagnetic hum and interference — even with long cable runs.
- gooseneck condenser microphone for podiums and lecterns
- supercardioid polar pattern
- includes mute switch and LED indicator
- shock mount isolates mic from surface noise
- frequency response: 50-17,000 Hz
- output impedance: 180 ohms
- height: 18" (max.)
- XLR connector
- requires 11 to 52-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- locking flange mount for permanent installation
- snap-fit foam windscreen
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX418/S
What's in the box:
- Shure MX418/S Gooseneck microphone
- Mounting flange (with retainer ring)
- Shock Mount assembly
- Foam windscreen
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- 1mm Allen wrench
- User Guide
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
More details on the Shure Microflex® MX418S
Overview: The Shure Microflex MX418/S is a professional quality Standard Gooseneck microphone that is designed for speaking environments, such as lecterns, pulpits, and courtrooms. It features an 18" gooseneck with a rigid sleeve, a Snap-Fit Foam Windscreen, a Shock Mount, and a Mounting flange. No cables are included.
Condenser Microphone: The MX418/S is an electret condenser microphone, and requires 11-52 VDC 2.0mA Phantom Power.
Pickup Pattern: The MX418/S has an R184B supercardioid cartridge installed with a 115° wide polar pattern. Microflex microphone cartridges are interchangeable. You can purchase other cartridges from the manufacturer to change the polar pattern for different installations. Other available cartridges include the R183 Omnidirectional (360°), and R185 cardioid (130°).
Adjustable Preamp Gain: The MX418/S includes an attached preamplifier at the base of the gooseneck. The preamplifier gain can be reduced by 12dB, if necessary. This involves internal modifications to the circuit board with the supplied 1mm Allen wrench. You should consult an authorized Shure service center for more information prior to making any modifications.
Permanent Mounting: The microphone is designed to surface mount in a hole in the lectern, pulpit, or stand. The MX418/S comes with a shock mount which requires a 1-3/4" diameter hole. The shock mount provides over 20dB isolation from surface vibration noise. The supplied mounting flange requires drilling a 13/16" hole for inserting the preamplifier. A locking ring holds the microphone securely in place inside the mounting flange. The microphone should be placed within 6" to 12" of the desired sound source.
Connector: The MX418/S has a 3-pin male XLR connector at the end of the preamplifier. No microphone cable is included in this package.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 17kHz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms (EIA rated)
- Sensitivity: -33.5 dBV/Pa (18 mV)
- Maximum SPL: 122.7dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 67.5dB
- Dynamic Range: 96.2dB
- Dimensions: Base diameter - 0.79", Mic diameter - 0.46", Length (overall) - 22.50"
- Weight: 6.2 ounces