About the Shure Microflex® MX418S/C
A flexible podium mic
A flexible podium mic
The Shure Microflex MX418S/C is an excellent microphone for public speaking venues. The mic features an 18" flexible gooseneck stand that can be permanently attached to a tabletop, and a mute button so you can choose when the mic is "hot." The mic's built-in shock mount helps isolate it from surface vibration noise. And its windscreen ensures pops and sibilants are minimized.
Cardioid polar pattern and swappable mic capsule
The MX418S/C includes a cardioid mic capsule with 130° polar pattern. This pattern helps reject off-axis sounds coming from the sides while picking up the voice of the speaker at the podium or lectern. The mic capsule is interchangeable — additional capsules with different pickup patterns are available from the manufacturer.
Includes a built-in mic preamp
The mic's output is male three-pin XLR. An attached preamplifier at the base of the gooseneck allows you to reduce the gain by 12dB if necessary (requires internal modification with supplied Allen wrench).
- gooseneck microphone for podiums and lecterns
- mute button lets you choose when the mic is "hot"
- 130° cardioid polar pattern
- shock mount isolates mic from surface noise
- includes mic preamp attached to gooseneck
- gain can be reduced by 12dB (internal modification to circuit board required, using supplied 1mm Allen wrench)
- frequency response: 50-17,000 Hz
- output impedance: 150 ohms
- 18" flexible gooseneck
- XLR connector
- requires 11 to 52-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- locking flange mount for permanent installation
- snap-fit foam windscreen
Dimensions and warranty:
- 1/2" diameter x 23-3/4" total length
- weight: 6.2 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX418S/C
What's in the box:
- MX418S/C Gooseneck microphone
- Mounting flange
- Shock mount assembly
- Foam windscreen
- Four 3/4" Screws
- User guide
- Optional accessory list
- Safety & warranty information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure Microflex® MX418S/C
Features & specs
|Application||For live use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure Microflex MX418S/C is a professional quality Standard Gooseneck microphone that is designed for speaking environments, such as lecterns, pulpits, and courtrooms. It features an 19" gooseneck with a rigid sleeve, Snap-Fit Foam Windscreen, Shock Mount, and Mounting flange. No cables are included.
Condenser Microphone: The MX418S/C is an electret condenser microphone, and requires 11-52 VDC 8.0mA Phantom Power.
Pickup Pattern: The MX418S/C has an R185 cardioid cartridge installed with a 130° wide polar pattern. Microflex microphone cartridges are interchangeable. You can purchase additional cartridges from the manufacturer to change the polar pattern for different installations. Optional cartridges include the R183 Omnidirectional (360°), and R184 supercardioid (115°).
Mute Switch & Indicator: The MX418S/C features a built-in Mute switch that can reduce the signal level by -50dB when activated. A corresponding LED indicator will light to indicate the Mute function is activated.
Permanent Mounting: The microphone is designed to surface mount in a hole in the lectern, pulpit, or stand. The MX418S/C comes with a shock mount which requires a 1-3/4" diameter hole. The shock mount provides over 20dB isolation from surface vibration noise. The supplied mounting flange requires drilling a 13/16" hole for inserting the preamplifier. A locking ring holds the microphone securely in place inside the mounting flange. The microphone should be placed within 6" to 12" of the desired sound source.
Connector: The MX418S/C has a 3-pin male XLR connector at the end of the preamplifier. No microphone cable is included in this package.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 17kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms (EIA rated)
- Sensitivity: -35 dBV/Pa (18 mV)
- Maximum SPL: 124.2dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 66dB
- Dynamic Range: 96.2dB
- Dimensions: Base diameter = 0.79", Mic diameter = 0.46", Length (overall) = 23.75"
- Weight: 6.2 ounces