About the Shure P3TRA215CL
Monitoring you can really hear
Monitoring you can really hear
When the music is happening onstage, you need to be able to hear what's going on so you don't lose the rhythm, stray off-key, or lose track of what's going on around you. Traditional wedge-shaped floor cabinets can be difficult to hear, especially when you've got loud amplified instruments and drums miked into the PA. Shure's PSM300 wireless in-ear monitoring system gives you 24-bit digital quality and wireless convenience in a tough, versatile package with the adjustability to meet your monitoring needs. This P3TRA215CL system features Shure's P3T wireless transmitter, P3RA wireless bodypack receiver, and SE215 in-ear headphones.
P3T transmitter lets you send a stereo or mono signal to the receiver with a range of up to 300 feet (line of sight) and features 1/4" TRS balanced inputs and loop outputs which allow you to connect the transmitter to another PSM system or to other audio devices. Its input level control lets you adjust the transmitter to minimize distortion, and its stereo inputs make it possible to send two separate mixes to a single receiver. The transmitter's sync window connects the transmitter to the receiver via infrared signal so the user can find the best available channel group or the best available channel in the current group; you can also select the group/channel manually if the infrared connection is impractical. The package also includes mounting hardware to adapt the transmitter to standard equipment racks.
The P3RA bodypack receiver's controls connect to the transmitter and allows the user to select the best group or channel directly from the receiver. A stereo/mono selector switch lets the performer select the best option for the incoming signal, and the receiver's MixMode knob lets you split the mono signal to both sides of the headphones or adjust the side-to-side balance in stereo mode. Its volume control sets the signal level sent to the headphones and gives the user maximum flexibility to adapt to the ambient sound level onstage. The receiver's battery life is up to 5-1/2 hours of continuous use with 2 AA batteries, or 7 hours with Shure's SB900 rechargeable battery (sold separately). Both components feature rugged all-metal casings for maximum protection.
The system's SE215 in-ear headphones feature comfortable sound isolation that suppresses 37 dB of ambient sound, more than a typical pair of foam earplugs. The earpieces' nozzles are angled to sit comfortably in the ear, and the headphones connect to the receiver via a 64-inch cable. The cable is detachable for easy replacement, and moldable for a secure over-the-ear fit.
Hear yourself like never before
This system gives you 24-bit digital sound quality with the convenience of in-ear monitoring to let you hear yourself like never before. When you need high fidelity, versatile controls, and simple setup, this PSM300 system meets the demands of modern performance.
- digital wireless microphone system for vocals
- includes P3T transmitter, P3RA bodypack receiver, and SE215 in-ear headphones
- operating range: 300' (line of sight)
- multiple selectable frequency groups and channels: 488-512 MHz (G20 band)
- selectable mono and stereo modes
- receiver MixMode knob controls the earphones' side-to-side balance
- receiver includes volume limiting, 2-band EQ, plus high and low boosts
- rugged metal cases resist damage
- receiver battery life:
- up to 5-1/2 hours on 2 AA batteries
- up to 7 hours on Shure SB900 rechargeable battery (sold separately)
- receiver frequency range: 38-15,000 Hz
- transmitter: 1-3/4"W x 7-3/16"H x 6-13/16"D
- receiver: 2-5/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 15/16"D
- transmitter: 1-3/4 lbs.
- receiver: 6-5/8 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P3TRA215CL-G20
What's in the box:
- P3T Transmitter
- P3RA Bodypack receiver (attached 5.5" antenna)
- SE215 In-ear monitors (attached 64" cord w/ 3.5mm TRS plug)
- PS24US Power supply w/ attached 6' DC cord and 74" AC cord (12VDC/400mA output)
- 5" Antenna
- 22"BNC Bulkhead adapter
- BNC Coupler (attached flange-nut and lock-washer)
- 3 Pair black foam sleeves (1 pr. pre-installed)
- 3 Pair gray soft-flex sleeves
- Cleaning tool
- 3 Rack-mount brackets
- Rack-mount hardware (2 Plastic wire-hole plugs / 4 Screw-bushings / 4 Plastic O-rings / Four 22mm machine-screws / Eight 10mm machine-screws)
- 2 AA Batteries
- Zippered nylon earphone carry-case w/ attached snap-clip
- Zippered vinyl carry-case
- P3RA User guide
- PSM300 User guide
- SE215 User guide
- Battery guide
- Warranty information
- Online registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure P3TRA215CL
Overview: The Shure P3TRA215CL-G20 personal monitor system can provide detailed stereo sound with 24-bit digital resolution and a range of over 300 feet. As part of Shure's PSM 300 series monitor systems, it features their patented Audio Reference Companding technology providing the clearest sound, with ultra-low noise and no artifacts, along with a 90dB signal-to-noise ratio. One-touch frequency scan and sync make finding a clear wireless channel quick and easy, and users can create their own custom mixes by adjusting the stereo blend and overall volume at the bodypack. The P3TRA215CL-G20 is an ideal choice for stage performers, monitor engineers, and music equipment rental houses.
P3T Transmitter: The Shure P3T is a single-channel transmitter operating in the 488MHz to 512MHz frequency range (G20 band), with up to 15 compatible frequencies and 24MHz of tuning bandwidth. The transmitter can send either a stereo or mono mix signal (MixMode) to multiple P3RA bodypack receivers tuned to the same frequency as the transmitter. Each performer can adjust their own individual mix from their receiver.
- Inputs: Two rear-panel, balanced, 1/4" TRS jacks provide the signal input to the transmitter. A corresponding Line/Aux switch lets you change the input sensitivity with Aux (-10dBV) used for consumer audio devices and Line (+4dBu) for professional audio devices.
- Loop Outputs: Two additional balanced, 1/4" TRS jacks provide a direct output or "pass-thru" for the input signal, used for daisy-chaining additional transmitters.
- Mono/Stereo-MX: A rear-panel switch lets you send either a 2-channel stereo mix to the receiver or a summed mono-mix (MixMode) on both channels. MixMode can be used for a blend between two monitoring mixes, like an instrument mix on one channel and a vocal mix on the other, with the performer able to
- Sync: A front-panel Sync button and corresponding IR Sync Window let you easily synchronize the transmitter and receiver to the same Group and Channel.
- Group&Channel Buttons: These let you manually scroll through Group/Channel settings.
- Input Level Control: The level of the incoming audio can be adjusted from the front panel. Signal levels are displayed on the LCD screen.
- LCD Display:
- Audio Input Meter: Two multi-segment meters (L&R) display the input signal level for the stereo channels, and include an Overload indicator (OL) if the signals start to clip.
- Group/Channel/TV: Displays the selected Group and Channel settings, along with any corresponding television channel.
- Lock: Pressing and holding the Group and Channel buttons will lock/unlock the front-panel controls, displaying a lock icon when active.
- Sync Status: Lights to display a successful sync between the transmitter and the receiver and will show the direction of Sync.
- Stereo/Mono: Indicates whether the transmitter is sending a stereo or mono signal based on the rear-panel switch.
- Aux/Line: Indicates the input sensitivity set by the corresponding rear-panel switch.
P3RA Bodypack Receiver: The compact Shure P3RA receiver features a durable all-metal housing, easy-to-use controls, and an advanced user menu and display. The receiver is powered by 2 AA batteries (included) and can output either a stereo signal, where channel 1 is played through the left earphone and channel 2 is played through the right earphone, or a mixed-mono signal (MixMode) where both channels are mixed and played through both earphones. The balance between both channels can be adjusted in either mode. A Scan button lets you perform an RF scan for an open channel and an IR Sync window can be used for sending Group and Channel settings between the bodypack and transmitter. Other features include:
- EQ: A 2-band shelving equalizer lets you boost the bass and treble by up to +6dB in 2dB increments. The Low boost affects frequencies below 100Hz and the High boost affects frequencies above 10kHz.
- Volume Limit: Lets you limit the highest volume when using the Volume control on the bodypack. The Volume will still rotate the full travel, but the range will be limited.
- Lock Panel: Bodypack controls can be locked to prevent accidental change.
- Headphone Output: A 3.5mm stereo jack provides the audio output.
- LEDs: Two LEDs on top of the bodypack indicate whether it's receiving a signal from the transmitter and the battery status.
- Display&Navigation: An easy-to-read display shows Group and Channel numbers, RF signal strength, battery power level, and volume, as well as menu settings. Navigation Arrows/Enter/Exit buttons are used for changing settings.
SE215 Earphones: Shure's Professional Sound Isolating Earphones utilize a single high-definition, balanced armature driver that can provide deep bass and a detailed soundstage, while blocking up to 37dB of outside noise. Multiple interchangeable Sound Isolating sleeves are included to ensure a comfortable fit and proper bass response. Each earphone cable can be detached from its earphone and is designed to be worn behind the ear for a discreet fit. A zippered, nylon carry-case for the earphones is included.
- RF Carrier Range: 488MHz-512MHz
- RF Band: G20
- Tuning Bandwidth: 24MHz
- Compatible Frequencies: Up to 15 per band
- Operating Range: Approximately 300 ft.
- Audio Frequency Response: 38Hz-15Hz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 90dB
- THD: <0.5%
- Spurious Rejection: >80dB
- Frequency Stability: ±2.5ppm
- MPX Pilot Tone: 19kHz (±1kHz)
- Modulation: FM, MPX Stereo
- Operating Temperature: 0˚F-145˚F
- Transmitter Dimensions: W = 7.750", H = 1.625" (4.125" incl. antenna), D = 7.875" (incl. antenna)
- Transmitter Weight: 1.725 lbs.
- Bodypack Receiver Dimensions: W = 2.50", H = 4.0" (9.0" incl. antenna), D = 1.0"
- Bodypack Receiver Weight: 6.6 oz. (incl. batteries)