About the Shure QLXD24/SM58-G50
Quality and fidelity
Quality and fidelity
If you're familiar with high-quality sound reinforcement, you already know Shure's reputation for sound quality and dependability. Now Shure has taken the next step with the QLX-D family of wireless microphone systems. With 24-bit resolution you'll get superior fidelity in a convenient, rugged, and dependable system.
Configure your options
The QLXD2 handheld transmitter offers up to 10 hours of operation with Shure's SB900A rechargeable lithium-ion battery (sold separately) and 9 hours with two standard AA alkaline batteries. With a 330-foot broadcast range, it'll work on large stages where the transmitter and receiver are far apart.
The system frequency options are organized in groups with multiple channels, each of which is tuned to a specific frequency; you also have the option of creating custom channel groups.
There are three methods of matching the frequencies of the transmitter and receiver:
- automatic scanning that chooses the best available receiver frequency group/channel and tunes the transmitter to the receiver via infrared scanning;
- manual selection by frequency group/channel;
- manually tuning the transmitter and receiver to the same frequency.
You can run up to 17 compatible systems simultaneously in the 6MHz range and up to 21 channels in the 8MHz range.
The QLXD4 receiver allows Ethernet networking via Shure's free Wireless Workbench software, available in Windows- and Apple-compatible versions as well as by their ShurePlus™ Channels app for iOS devices. The system also works with AMX and Crestron controls systems via Ethernet cables.
The system features the legendary sound quality of Shure's SM58 microphone for professional reproduction. Rugged metal cases for the transmitter and receiver resist accidental breakage and are much more durable than the plastic cases used in many wireless systems.
The QLXD24/SM58 system offers high fidelity and professional-quality miking in a rugged, dependable package that gives you peak performance.
- digital wireless microphone system for vocals
- includes QLXD4 receiver with QLXD2 handheld transmitter and SM58 capsule
- maximum operating range: 330 feet line of sight
- transmitter links to receiver automatically or manually
- battery life:
- up to 10 hours on rechargeable lithium-ion battery (sold separately)
- up to 9 hours on two AA alkaline batteries (included)
- receiver displays remaining transmitter battery time for lithium-ion battery
- lockable transmitter and receiver controls
- 470-534 MHz band operation
- receiver frequency range: 20-20,000 Hz
- microphone frequency response: 30-20,000 Hz
- maximum input level: +8.5 dBV
- XLR and 1/4" output connections
- QLXD2: 10.1"L × 2" diameter
- QLXD4: 1.625"H x 7.75"W x 6.5"D (8" with antennas)
- QLXD2: 12.2 oz. (without batteries)
- QLXD4: 1.72 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # QLXD24/SM58-G50
What's in the box:
- QLXD4 Receiver
- QLXD2 G50 (SM58) Handheld microphone w/ built-in transmitter
- Microphone battery contact cover
- 5/8" to 3/8" Thread adapter
- Two 13.75" Antennas w/ BNC connectors (2 rubber o-rings each)
- Two 22" BNC cables
- 2 BNC bulkhead adapters (1 lock washer and nut each)
- AC Power adapter with 73" input cable (C7 polarized) and 73" DC output cable (12VDC/400mA)
- 1 Large angle-bracket
- 1 Small angle-bracket
- 1 Bottom mounting plate
- 2 Plastic filler-plugs
- Four 22mm machine screws
- Eight 8mm counter-sunk screws
- 4 Plastic screw-bushings
- 4 Adhesive rubber bushings
- 2 AA Batteries
- Zippered vinyl carry-bag
- QLX-D User guide
- Public Safety Restrictions guide
- Rack Mount Hardware Kit instructions
- Safety instructions
- Warranty information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shure QLXD24/SM58-G50
Overview: The Shure QLX-D Digital Wireless microphone system offers streamlined performance with transparent 24-bit digital audio designed for presentations, lectures, houses of worship, conference centers, and mid-size live sound events. Operating in the 470 - 534MHz range, the QLX-D has a working range of up to 330 feet (line-of-sight).
24-Bit Digital Audio: Shure digital wireless technology allows the QLX-D to transmit detailed audio with an extended, virtually flat frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz (microphone dependent), and with up to 120dB of dynamic range. Designed to be highly RF spectrum efficient, the QLX-D can operate up to 168 compatible channels per frequency band with up to 72 MHz of tuning bandwidth (region dependent). It also allows up to 17 compatible systems in the 6MHz TV band and 22 systems in the 8MHz TV band.
AES-256: The QLX-D uses the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256) to protect audio signals transmitted to the Receiver. When encryption is enabled, the Receiver generates a unique encryption key which is shared with the Transmitter during an IR synchronization. The Transmitter and Receiver share an encryption key to form a protected audio path, preventing unauthorized access by other receivers. The Transmitter and Receiver will remain encrypted until manually deactivated, even after powering off and back on again.
Channel Setup: A wireless audio channel is formed when the Receiver and Mic/Transmitter are tuned to the same frequency. To make setup easier, frequencies available to the QLX-D system are organized into Groups and Channels. Each Group contains a number of channels and each channel is assigned to a specific preset frequency. The QLX-D provides 3 methods for matching the receiver and transmitter to the same frequency:
- IR Sync: The IR Sync feature will automatically tune the Transmitter to match the Receiver frequency, forming a wireless audio channel. By simply powering the Receiver and Transmitter on, with the two IR sync windows within 6 inches of each other, and pressing the Sync button on the receiver, the Transmitter will automatically be tuned to the Receiver frequency.
- Manual Group & Channel Assignment: The Receiver and Transmitter can manually be set to the same Group and Channel number to form an audio channel.
- Manual Frequency Assignment: The Receiver and Transmitter can be manually set to the same frequency rather than using Groups and Channels to form an audio channel.
Network: The QLX-D features a rear-panel RJ-45 port for connecting into a network via an Ethernet connection. The Shure receiver includes an internal DHCP client allowing for automatic network configuration when connected to a DHCP-enabled router. The IP address and subnet mask can also be manually configured from the menu system or from a computer on the same network using Wireless Workbench 6 (WWB6) software, available here for MacOS X (El Capitan, Sierra, and High Sierra) and Windows (7, 8, & 10).
WWB6: Shure's Wireless Workbench 6 allows comprehensive monitoring and control of networked Shure wireless systems from your computer, allowing for real-time changes to device and channel parameters. WWB6 includes a powerful set of frequency coordination and visualization tools for calculating compatible frequencies for all wireless systems, facilitating quick and easy configuration, operation, and monitoring of your wireless system.
QLXD4 Receiver Front Panel:
- Display: The front-panel features a large high-resolution LCD
screen for displaying:
- Antenna Indicator: Illuminates to indicate which antenna is active.
- RF Signal Meter: A 5-bar icon indicates the RF signal level with overload indicator (OL).
- Audio Meter: A 5-bar icon corresponds to the audio level:
- OL: Lights when the audio limiter is active to prevent clipping.
- TxOL: Lights when the Transmitter input is overloaded. Microphone input needs to be reduced.
- Gain Level: Displays the Receiver's gain setting in 1dB increments. Available range is -18dB to 42dB with the default level at 12dB.
- Receiver Lock Status: The Receiver settings can be locked to avoid any unauthorized or accidental setting changes. Three icons list which functions are locked: Menu, Power, & Gain.
- Frequency Setting: Displays the selected frequency in MHz.
- Encryption Status: Illuminates when encryption is enabled.
- Scan: Displays when the Scan function is activated.
- Network Scan: Displays when the Network Scan function is active in multi-receiver systems.
- Network Connection Indicator: Illuminates if additional Shure components are detected on the network.
- TV Channel: Displays the number of the TV channel containing the selected frequency.
- Transmitter Battery Icon: Indicates the Transmitter's remaining battery life. A Low Battery Alert can be enabled which will flash the Receiver display when the battery runtime is less than 30 minutes.
- SB900 Battery Runtime: If the Transmitter is powered by a Shure SB900 rechargeable battery (sold separately), the remaining runtime is displayed in hours and minutes.
- Arrow Buttons: Used for adjusting the Gain setting and for changing menu options.
- Enter Button: Selects an option.
- Sync Button: Used in conjunction with the IR Window, this activates IR Sync.
- IR Window
- Power Button
- Audio LED: Indicates signal level status with 3 different colors:
- Green: Normal signal level
- Yellow: Signal is approaching the limiter threshold.
- Red: Limiter has engaged to prevent clipping.
- Sync LED:
- Blinking: IR Sync mode is enabled.
- On: Receiver and Transmitter are aligned for IR Sync.
QLXD4 Rear Panel:
- DC Power Supply Input
- Ethernet Port (10/100 Mbps): An RJ-45 socket allows connection to
a wired network. Two status LEDs are provided:
- Amber LED (Network Speed): Off = 10 Mbps, On = 100 Mbps
- Green LED (Network Status): Off = no network link, On = active network link. Flashing = corresponds to traffic volume.
- Receiver Reset: Pressing this restores the Receiver back to default settings.
- XLR Output: A male XLR socket provides a balanced mic- or line-level signal output.
- Instrument/Auxiliary Output: An unbalanced 1/4" socket can output either mic- or line-level signals.
- Mic/Line Switch: Determines the signal level output from both the XLR and 1/4" jacks.
- Antenna A/B: Two BNC sockets are provided for the two 13.75" antennas. Both antennas can be swiveled and tilted for optimal reception.
QLXD2 G50 (SM58) Microphone/Transmitter: The QLX-D wireless system includes an SM58 hand-held microphone, designed for general purpose live sound applications requiring good rejection of ambient noise. The dynamic microphone features a cardioid polar pattern, for good vocal isolation while rejecting sound from behind the mic. The SM58 features a built-in QLXD2 transmitter allowing up to 330 ft. of range from the Receiver. A removable lower chassis gives access to the Transmitter's battery compartment for inserting the 2 included AA batteries. The battery compartment also contains a 4-way navigation button for selecting Menu and Enter with Up and Down for navigating through the menu. Options are displayed on the backlit LCD. The microphone also includes an On/Off button and an IR window for IR Syncing. Menu options include:
- Group: Lets you scroll through available Groups.
- Channel: Lets you scroll through available Channels.
- Frequency: Allows the Frequency to be adjusted.
- RF Power: Used for selecting the RF transmitting power setting.
- Lo: 1mW
- Hi: 10mW
- Battery Time: Displays battery power metering.
- Lock/Unlock: The microphone controls can be locked to prevent unauthorized or inadvertent changing of settings. Locking and Unlocking are accessed by holding down the Menu button for 3 seconds, then pressing Enter.
Mounting: The QLX-D Receiver includes adhesive rubber feet for table-top use, along with mounting hardware for a rack-mount installation. Two angled brackets allow the Receiver to mount in a standard 19" wide rack. An additional Bottom Plate is provided for attaching 2 Receiver units side-by-side and mounted in a single rack space.
- RF Carrier Frequency Range: 470-534MHz
- Image Rejection: > 70dB, typical
- Latency: < 2.9 ms
- RF Sensitivity: -97dBm
- Working Range: Approximately 330 ft. (line-of-sight)
- Audio Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Audio Dynamic Range: > 120dB, A-weighted, typical
- THD: < 0.1%
- Operating Temperature Range: 0˚F - 122˚F
- Spurious Rejection: >80dB, typical
- Power Requirements: 12VDC @ 0.4A
- Antenna Connector Type: BNC x2
- Antenna Impedance: 50Ω
- Gain Adjustment Range: -18 to +42dB (1dB increments)
- Outputs: (1) XLR-balanced, (1) 1/4"-impedance balanced
- Full Scale Output:
- XLR: Line setting: +18dBV, Mic setting: -12dBV
- 1/4": +12dBV
- Mic/Line Switch: 30dB pad
- Network Interface: Single port Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
- Network Addressing Capability: DHCP or Manual IP address
- Housing: Steel
- Dimensions: Width = 7.75", Height = 1.625"/12.75" (w/antennas extended), Depth = 6.50"/8.0" (w/antennas attached)
- Weight: 1.72 lbs.
- RF Output Power: 1mW or 10mW
- Occupied Bandwidth: < 200kHz
- Modulation Type: Shure proprietary digital
- Mic Offset Range: 0 to 21dB (in 3dB steps)
- Battery Type: (2) AA Batteries (1.5A) or optional Shure SB900A rechargeable Li-Ion (sold separately)
- Battery Runtime (@ 10mW): Alkaline - up to 9 hrs., SB900A - up to 10 hrs.
- Dimensions: Diameter = 2.02", Length = 9.98"
- Weight: 12.2 oz. (without batteries)